First night on board for D+ & Chops Grill

MAJ

This will be our first cruise as D+ we would like to use the coupon for chops for first night offer that I have been reading about here on the forum

Do I have to wait until I get my coupon book on board to get one free?

If I pre-book now with Royal it is stating a price of $30 each ?

I would want to use my coupon ,and get one free then would I be better to wait

until I board and take a chance they are not booked out ?

The way we do it is we book it ahead of time but only for 1 person (only pay for one) and then the 2 of us show up for dinner.

Some folks book for the 2 of them and then get credited back once they show up onboard.

Or you can wait until you board and then book it then.

Some pre book, pay the cost of the dinners and then get a credit to the sea pass account. That way you are guaranteed the time you want.

Some will wait till they board and then just have the one meal charged.

We’ve done to both ways and honestly find it really frustrating and time consuming to get the credit if we’ve booked in advance. We paid for two meals in advance and expected to get the credit for one that first evening, but it took several days and visits to Chops or Guest Services to finally get the credit.

The last cruise we waited till we boarded and had a choice of most any reservation time and never had to bother looking for the credit . The will be our plan from now on.

It seems many don’t like to miss the first night in the dining room and the specialty restaurants are not very crowded.

M

Agree with everyone here. I would not Pre book. I wish the coupons were good for ANY night :(...I do like going to the MDR on the first night...but I'm not a huge fan of re specialty restaurants anyway because the MDR is very good.

Thanks folks : I will now wait until we board

This will be our first cruise as D+ we would like to use the coupon for chops for first night offer that I have been reading about here on the forum. I would want to use my coupon ,and get one free then would I be better to wait until I board and take a chance they are not booked out ?

RCI sent out notices that they are going to C&A e-coupons that will be attached to your sea pass and doing away with the coupon book effective March 2013. No one knows how we'll be informed what our coupons will be. I would wait until you get onboard and immediately go to Chops when you get on board to make your reservation.

Archived