Carnival Liberty Review Eastern Review w/ Pictures

navybaby1113

Tonight's service was extremely slow. We both ordered fruit cocktails and it took 45 minutes before we received them.

For our entrees, I ordered the pork steak and DH ordered the turkey farfalle. The pork steak was pretty bland. DH really enjoyed the farfalle though.

IMG_1117+copy.jpg

IMG_1118+copy.jpg

For dessert, DH ordered the tiramisu and I ordered the bitter and blanc. I also introduced bitter and blanc to multiple people at the tables around me and they ordered it for dessert. I really wish they would hurry up and add this to the every day menu.

IMG_1121+copy.jpg

IMG_1120+copy.jpg

Tonight's show was a hypnotist and I got bored with him pretty quickly. I decided to head down to the room and go to bed. DH ended up staying for the show and said it got a little more interesting at the end.

We were greeted with a little frog when we returned to our room tonight.

IMG_1124+copy.jpg

We actually have tickets for the Paradise Point tram. I think the views will be priceless. Plus I plan on indulging in their famous Bushwacker drink at the top! :D

Bushwacker was Amazing! And the views were awesome. We had stopped there on our Glory cruise.

Edited by Ciardasully

Thursday, February 7th (Grand Turk)

We weren’t arriving into Grand Turk until 11am and we didn’t really have anything planned for this port anyways, so we got to sleep in again today. I really love being able to sleep in on vacation! We ended up getting up around 9am and then heading to breakfast.

My DH decided to search for the omelette bar today while I grabbed some food from the buffet.

IMG_1125+copy.jpg

After breakfast, we headed to Super Trivia Round 2 at 10am. Only one other member of our team showed up. Super Trivia is a fun idea, but we have never had luck with actually getting a good team!

We arrived in Grand Turk early, so they opened up the gangway around 10:15am. Around 10:45am they came on the intercom and said they were closing the gangway while the Victory docked.

IMG_1128+copy.jpg

While waiting for the gangway to open back up, I walked around and took some pictures of the island.

IMG_1133+copy.jpg

IMG_1134+copy.jpg

IMG_1135+copy.jpg

IMG_1137+copy.jpg

We decided to head down to the gangway around 11:15am, but there was a line all the way up to deck 3. We decided to head back to our room for about 30 minutes instead of waiting in line.

We got off the ship and looked around the port area for a little while.

IMG_1151+copy.jpg

IMG_1154+copy.jpg

We're not huge beach people, so instead of spending the day on the beach, we loaded a couple geocaches onto our GPS. The first one was located near the whale.

IMG_1159+copy.jpg

We didn't end up finding it. When we got home, I looked at the logs and it had been missing for a couple weeks. :-/

We did find a few new animal friends though.

IMG_1158+copy.jpg

IMG_1160+copy.jpg

After the bust with the whale geocache, we went on the hunt for another one which was an earthcache. Essentially you have to find the location and then email question answers to the owner of the cache when you got home.

This is the location we had to find:

IMG_1162+copy.jpg

The sign also housed the answers to all the questions.

After hunting for the caches, we decided to head back to the ship and have an additional "sea day".

We decided to have one last delicious Guy's Burger before we got off the cruise (we planned to head to the Punchliner's Brunch again tomorrow). I grabbed some fries and ceviche from Fish and Chips to accompany my burger.

IMG_1187+copy.jpg

IMG_1189+copy.jpg

I also grabbed a couple just okay desserts from the buffet.

IMG_1188+copy.jpg

Edited by navybaby1113

We hadn't visited the golf course on this ship yet, so we decided to enjoy it when there wasn't as much wind. We checked out the putters and balls from the towel hunt. Once we got up to the course we realized she gave us children's putters and no score cards. There was no way I was walking all the way back down there though!

IMG_1203+copy.jpg

This was not an enjoyable location for a mini golf course. It was really hot at the very top of the ship and it was also really loud because of the funnel. Not a fan at all!

While we were up there, I decided to take some pictures of the Victory.

IMG_1191+copy.jpg

IMG_1192+copy.jpg

IMG_1193+copy.jpg

IMG_1194+copy.jpg

We went to a couple trivia games and just relaxed for the remainder of the afternoon. I really love an empty ship.

The Taste Bar was open again tonight and they had the items that I was most anticipating. The restaurant they were featuring was the Cucina de Capitano and the food was a meatball served with hand whipped ricotta bruschetta. This was by far my favorite dish they served all week. It was fabulous!

IMG_1221+copy.jpg

Tonight was the second elegant night, so we went back to our room and got dressed for dinner. After dodging all the photo stands, we headed to dinner.

Here are the menus from tonight borrowed from Zydecocruiser.

D6%20001.jpg

DE6%20001.jpg

DH ordered the fruit cocktail for his appetizer and I decided to be brave and try the escargot. I was not a fan! The bread and garlic butter they serve with it is delicious, but the texture of the actual snails grossed me out. I sent it back and got a ceasar salad.

IMG_1223+copy.jpg

IMG_1224+copy.jpg

Both of us ordered the chateaubriand for our entree, which is one of my favorite items on Carnival's menu rotation. I also ordered the grilled jumbo tiger shrimp to make my own surf and turf.

IMG_1225+copy.jpg

IMG_1226+copy.jpg

For dessert, DH ordered the diet cheesecake, which he said was quite delicious. I ordered WCMC again.

IMG_1227+copy.jpg

We went to the production show tonight in the Venetian Palace. The show was Big Band and the singer and cast was absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite shows of the entire cruise. They also brought the kids from Camp Carnival on stage for a song.

During the show, I also tried a new drink that everyone seemed to rave about on here, the Mocha Chocolate Getaway. It was really delicious!

IMG_1229+copy.jpg

We headed to comedy after the production show. Both comedians were absolutely hilarious. They made us clear the room after the first show and then stand out in the lobby area for about 15 minutes. It was pretty unsafe packing people in there and people were not happy at all.

After the comedy shows, we headed to bed. A cute stingray was waiting to say good night to us.

IMG_1231+copy.jpg

We went to the production show tonight in the Venetian Palace. The show was Big Band and the singer and cast was absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite shows of the entire cruise. They also brought the kids from Camp Carnival on stage for a song.

During the show, I also tried a new drink that everyone seemed to rave about on here, the Mocha Chocolate Getaway. It was really delicious!

IMG_1229+copy.jpg

We headed to comedy after the production show. Both comedians were absolutely hilarious. They made us clear the room after the first show and then stand out in the lobby area for about 15 minutes. It was pretty unsafe packing people in there and people were not happy at all.

After the comedy shows, we headed to bed. A cute stingray was waiting to say good night to us.

IMG_1231+copy.jpg

Ooooh yeah! Mocha chocolate getaway is my absolute fav! Glad you liked it too! :D

IMG_1229+copy.jpg

Oh, that drink is making my mouth water! Would love one right about now!

OP, your photos are fabulous! Makes me realize how horrible mine are, in comparison :o I just have a cheap camera, and I'm not expert photographer like you are :)

Enjoying!

Oh, that drink is making my mouth water! Would love one right about now!

OP, your photos are fabulous! Makes me realize how horrible mine are, in comparison :o I just have a cheap camera, and I'm not expert photographer like you are :)

Enjoying!

Aww...thank you. I loved being able to play with my new camera on vacation. Now that we're home, I don't pull it out near enough.

Okay, time to finish this review. Again, so sorry for how long it has taken. I normally get my reviews done within a week!

Friday, February 8th (Sea Day)

Woke up around 8am and went to breakfast the buffet.

After breakfast, we decided to attend some trivia in the Venetian Palace. I grabbed an iced mochachino from the lobby bar. It was okay, but definitely not Starbucks quality. Next time I'll have to find a better coffee drink to order.

IMG_1232+copy.jpg

After trivia, they had the towel animal theater. This is only on a couple ships and if you see if (and especially if you have kids), I highly recommend checking it out. It's really cute!

They had all the animals lined up at the entrance to the lounge to greet you.

IMG_1234+copy.jpg

We stopped by the shops afterwards to pick up some souvenirs. They had some really cute sea glass figurines and we bought one for each of our mothers. I also picked up a shot glass for our collection.

When we arrived back at our room, our room steward had left our debarkation information. Since we were FTTF, we received Zone 1 luggage tags and also information on how to go about debarkation.

IMG_1235+copy.jpg

The last round of Super Trivia was today at noon. One our partners showed up for this round and we ended up coming in 3rd. We gave her the ship on the stick and we kept the bottle of champagne.

We went to the photo scavenger hunt real quick and won a ship on a stick. These are always fun if you enjoy seeing the ship and taking pictures. You will get a workout from all walking you'll do in the 20 minutes.

We wanted to try out the Punchliner Brunch for lunch, so we headed there around 1:15pm. They weren't too crowded at all. We asked for a table for 2 and received one in the very back of the dining room.

My one tip is do not wait until so late to go to the brunch. We had horrible service because they were already setting up for the dinner service.

We received the popovers in the bread basket and they were really good. Ours were a little overcooked though.

IMG_1252+copy.jpg

The bar waiter came over and we used our free drink coupons. I ordered a pina colada and DH ordered a mai tai.

IMG_1253+copy.jpg

IMG_1254+copy.jpg

DH ordered the huevos rancheros again because he loved them the first time. I ordered the carne y huevos, which is a filet mignon topped with eggs, but I asked them if I could have it without the eggs and they happily left them off. This dish comes with so much food and it is all delicious! We also ordered a bowl of mac n cheese to share. This tasted a lot like the mac n cheese you get at dinner, but it was really good.

IMG_1255+copy.jpg

IMG_1257+copy.jpg

IMG_1259+copy.jpg

Edited by navybaby1113

We really wanted dessert, but our waiter was no where to be found, so we flagged over the first one we saw. We asked if we could order dessert and he looked at us like we had three heads. After talking to him, he told us we should have ordered dessert when we ordered the rest of our food. He did end up finding our waiter and getting us dessert though.

DH ordered the caramelized cheesecake and I ordered the mexican churros with chocolate dipping sauce. The cheesecake was absolutely delicious and I wish I would have ordered that. The churros were pretty good, but a little stale. The little white dipping sauce on the plate was delicious and I wish I had more of that.

IMG_1261+copy.jpg

IMG_1260+copy.jpg

For the rest of the afternoon we did a couple trivias and just relaxed since it was our last day on vacation. :-(

Tonight they did the Taste Bar again and it was featuring the Red Frog Pub. The food was Fried Malanga Sweet Potatoes filled with Ginger Scented Pork and a Pepper Pot. This was my least favorite sample of the entire cruise. Wasn't a fan of the flavors at all.

IMG_1271+copy.jpg

After our snack, we decided to come back to the room and pack so we wouldn't have to worry about it later. I can't remember if I showed this picture at the beginning of my review, but this is the tag they put on your bag to show that you're FTTF.

IMG_1273+copy.jpg

We were excited to be coming home with 5 ships this cruise!

IMG_1272+copy.jpg

We went to dinner around 6:15pm tonight and quickly got a table in our requested section.

I can't get the menus to load on ZydecoCruiser's site, so no menus for tonight's dinner. :-(

DH ordered the fruit cocktail again and I ordered the shrimp cocktail. Glad to see this is back on the everyday menu!

IMG_1274+copy.jpg

For our entree, DH ordered the mac n cheese and I got the prime rib again.

IMG_1275+copy.jpg

We also both ordered the grand marnier souffle. This is normally my favorite dessert on the entire cruise, but for some reason it was extremely eggy tonight. I only ate about half. :-/

IMG_1276+copy.jpg

We went to the 90s music trivia and gender showdown in the Venetian Palace. Both were a lot of fun.

While DH saved our seats for tonight's show, I went down to put our bags in the hall to be picked up. For some reason, my card decided it didn't want to open the door. I went to guest services and was able to get assistance immediately by using the FTTF line. They reprinted my card and it worked perfectly. My issue was corrected within 5 minutes, which was great considering the long line at the guest services desk.

Everyone on Cruise Critic had been raving about the Twilight Zone, so I decided to order one during tonight's show. Definitely going to be one of my regular drinks from now on. delicious!

IMG_1285+copy.jpg

Tonight's show was the Carnival Legends and it was actually really good. I've found this to be pretty boring in the past, but the guests this cruise were great!

IMG_1286+copy.jpg

A couple of the entertainment staff dressed up as Sonny and Cher and it was hilarious.

IMG_1288+copy.jpg

Karl also came out as Dolly Parton.

IMG_1290+copy.jpg

Headed back to our room to go to bed since we had an early morning. Received the oddest looking heart ever.

IMG_1298+copy.jpg

Saturday, February 9th (Debarkation Day)

We woke up around 7am and headed down to the room for the FTTF guests. The Assistant CD was assigned to make sure we were well informed and were off the ship in a timely manner. The ship was cleared by customs a little early, so we were off the ship by about 7:20am.

We got down to the baggage area really quickly and started waiting for our luggage. And waiting. And waiting. About 30 minutes later (and after zone 2 and 3 started getting off the ship) our luggage finally came through. Not sure what the delay was, but sadly we didn't get out of there near as quickly as other FTTF guests.

When we walked out the doors, we realized we were docked at a different terminal than we were when we arrived. We ended up having to walk a good 1/4-1/2 mile to get to our car. This was a huge pain with all our bags! After we got back to the parking lot, we paid and headed on our way out of Miami.

Even though we had the delay with baggage, we still were able to get out of Miami at a reasonable time and it kept us from getting backed up by the crowds. I think FTTF was definitely worth it and we would absolutely do it again.

Well, I'm all done with the review. Again, I am so sorry it took so long. I hoped you enjoyed it though!

I do check Cruise Critic most evenings, so if you have any questions, please leave them here and I will answer them as quickly as possible.

Thanks for reading!