Carnival Liberty Review Eastern Review w/ Pictures

navybaby1113

Monday, February 4th (Sea Day)

We woke up around 8:30 this morning and decided to head to Movie Quote Trivia held in the Venetian Palace. We did horrible!

After trivia, we were getting hungry. Since the Punchliner Brunch is only held on sea days, we decided to go there for breakfast. We arrived around 9am and there was a small line because the restaurant was packed! I asked for a table for two and we received one in the very back of the restaurant after about a 10 minute wait.

They had a basket of pastries waiting on the table when we arrived with a few different options. The chocolate muffin and the lemon pound cake were both absolutely delicious!

IMG_0622+copy.jpg

Since it was still early in the day, I decided to try out some of the breakfast items on the menu. I ordered the blueberry pancakes with a side of hash browns and bacon. The pancakes were a lot like what you would get in the MDR for breakfast. They were good, but nothing special. There was way too much food for me to finish though! DH ordered the huevos rancheros and thought it was wonderful.

IMG_0623+copy.jpg

IMG_0624+copy.jpg

After breakfast, we went to Scattergories, Super Trivia, 90s Guess That Song, and the Great Liberty Hunt.

After all that fun, we were getting hungry again, so we went up to Guy's Burgers for lunch. I ordered the Plain Jane again and DH got the Chilius Maximus.

IMG_0636+copy.jpg

IMG_0638+copy.jpg

This time instead of getting the fries from Guy's, I decided to grab a basket of the old fries from Fish and Chips. Yum!

IMG_0637+copy.jpg

We went back to the room after lunch and took a short nap (one of my favorite things to do on a cruise).

After our nap, it was time for the EA Sports Trivia. These was a week long challenge and they combined scores from trivia and playing the video games. At the end of the week, you get a pretty cool tote bag filled with goodies. I highly recommend brushing up on baseball and soccer knowledge if you want to play. Some of those questions were extremely hard!

Tonight was elegant night and in the past we have had to wait to get a table at anytime dining, so we decided to get ready and go kind of early in hopes of beating the crowd.

The captain and other senior officers were supposed to be on the promenade until 5:30pm, so we decided to head down there and get a picture.

They opened up the Taste Bar again tonight, so we decided to try out their offerings. The food this evening was from The Point Steakhouse and they had Short Rib Croquettes and Pumpkin Bisque. The croquette was pretty yummy.

IMG_0643+copy.jpg

We went to dinner around 6pm and there was no wait for a table. We requested a table for two by the window and were able to get it immediately.

I can't get Zydeocruiser's website to work for me tonight, so no menus at the moment!

I started off the meal with the appetizer portion of the spaghetti carbonara and DH had the Greek Salad. The carbonara was so liquidy! It still tasted good, but was way too watery.

IMG_0649+copy.jpg

IMG_0650+copy.jpg

For my entree, I ordered both the prime rib and the lobster to make my own surf and turf and DH ordered just the prime rib. We both ordered them to different temperatures and they were both cooked perfectly. They walked around with toppings for the baked potato and fresh cracked pepper for the steak.

IMG_0654+copy.jpg

IMG_0655+copy.jpg

For dessert, I ordered the WCMC again and DH got the diet banana cake. He said the cake didn't not taste diet at all and was really delicious! My WCMC was cooked correctly tonight!

IMG_0658+copy.jpg

IMG_0656+copy.jpg

After dinner we went to the Wonderful World show. It was different numbers put on about different parts of the world. It was very good!

After the show, we decided to see both of the comedians late night shows. John Floyd and Don Barnhart were the comedians for the first half of the cruise. They were both hilarious. For these two shows, they allowed us to stay in the theater between, which was nice.

IMG_0663+copy.jpg

After the show, we decided to grab a quick snack of pizza and then head to bed.

When we got back to the room, we found a nice surprise from John Heald. It was very sweet of him to think about us (for those wondering, we did not write asking for a gift)!

IMG_0667+copy.jpg

IMG_0668+copy.jpg

We also had a little dog waiting to say good night to us.

IMG_0659+copy.jpg

Even tho I will probably never cruise on the Liberty, I am enjoying this! Love looking at pictures of ships I would never otherwise see! :p We will be at St. Thomas and SJ in May, so anxious to hear about those ports of call. Now I have to go google geocaching...never heard of it! :confused: Thanks for sharing the cruise!

More.. More.. MORE! :D Love the review thus far!

P.S. What did you do to get the gift from John Heald?

I didn't do anything. I'm an active participant on his blog and facebook page and he was aware I was sailing on that date. It was just a nice gesture on his part.

Yay for the "old" fries! And my DH's second favorite thing to do on a cruise is nap (his first favorite is EAT. LOL!) Anxiously awaiting more...

Oh very true, napping is definitely my second favorite thing to do because I love to eat!

At the end of the Promenade is the new Alchemy Bar.

Right behind the Alchemy Bar is the Piano Bar.

IMG_0981+copy.jpg

IMG_0980+copy.jpg

Your review is fabulous!!!! I'm just to this post, so I have lots more to read, and.... Thanks for the ship tour... I love the look of this piano bar... That's awesome... Back to my reading... But wanted to drop in and tell you I love the look of this bar... Did you go in???

Texnewbie/Carolyn

Your review is fabulous!!!! I'm just to this post, so I have lots more to read, and.... Thanks for the ship tour... I love the look of this piano bar... That's awesome... Back to my reading... But wanted to drop in and tell you I love the look of this bar... Did you go in???

Texnewbie/Carolyn

No, this cruise we didn't frequent the piano bar at all. Whenever we walked by, there didn't seem to be too many people in there (which is rare), so we never bothered to stop in. Just kind of assumed the piano player wasn't any good.

Awesome review, can't wait for more! Thanks!

I agree with others re: St Thomas I was married there in 1994, and LOVE it. I choose Eastern Carib. route for most of our cruises so we can stop there each time! :) Of course some part of the city are dirty! I could take you to downtown Seattle and show you some dirty places ~ they are in every city. The beaches however are some of the best ever & tours that we have been on from St Thomas were awesome.

Edited by trvldog

Monday, February 4th (Sea Day)

We woke up around 8:30 this morning and decided to head to Movie Quote Trivia held in the Venetian Palace. We did horrible!

After trivia, we were getting hungry. Since the Punchliner Brunch is only held on sea days, we decided to go there for breakfast. We arrived around 9am and there was a small line because the restaurant was packed! I asked for a table for two and we received one in the very back of the restaurant after about a 10 minute wait.

They had a basket of pastries waiting on the table when we arrived with a few different options. The chocolate muffin and the lemon pound cake were both absolutely delicious!

IMG_0622+copy.jpg

OMG,this looks amazing!!!

No, this cruise we didn't frequent the piano bar at all. Whenever we walked by, there didn't seem to be too many people in there (which is rare), so we never bothered to stop in. Just kind of assumed the piano player wasn't any good.

We are doing a family cruise in August and orignally was planning on the Dream, but this week after thinking of transportation cost to the port for 12 of us, I started looking into the Liberty and the Freedom. I notice that you have been on all three and wondered if you can tell me which of these you have a preference for and why. Thanks

Tuesday, February 5th (St. Thomas)

We weren’t docking in St. Thomas until 10am, so we were able to sleep in some today. We woke up around 9am and went to breakfast.

Sailing into St. Thomas was absolutely gorgeous, so we went out to deck to take some pictures.

IMG_0670+copy.jpg

IMG_0673+copy.jpg

IMG_0678+copy.jpg

IMG_0694+copy.jpg

IMG_0712+copy.jpg

Sorry for slacking on the review. We're currently in the process of buying a house so that's taking up all my time. I'm going to try and get some of St. Thomas done tonight.

Congrats on the house! And yay for more review! One month from tomorrow I will be on board the Liberty!