FOS Bull & Bear Pub

jkety19473

Two questions - Does anyone know what beers they have on tap in the Bull & Bear pub on FOS? I like ales and IPA's so I was hoping they had some good beers on tap. Also, does the alcohol package apply to all these tap beers?

Recently on the Liberty ( same class ship) they had Stella..I had Boddington's on the Allure 9 days ago but the draft broke ...I have told RCI that their draft selections are horrendous..HOWEVER....the BOTTLED beer menu in the pub is actually pretty good..you can find it in a post on draft beers on RCI somewhere on the 1st or 2nd page, and someone posted the beer menu.....I know, I know, you want draft, so do I....but I'll take Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in a bottle over Bud Light draft anyday of the week...there was some Beck's draft around the ship.....don't know if the alcohol package includes drafts- good question.....

Big Al

Alas, the draft selection on Royal is not great. Depending on the ship you'll see Heineken everywhere, Amstel light a few other places, and MAYBE Beck's. In the pub on the promenade they used to have Murphy's, Boddington's or Guinness, but lately when I've sailed that one has been broken or empty. The bottle selection is better, but not amazing.

Two questions - Does anyone know what beers they have on tap in the Bull & Bear pub on FOS? I like ales and IPA's so I was hoping they had some good beers on tap. Also, does the alcohol package apply to all these tap beers?

Does anyone know what the food menu looks like there? Is it modeled after British pubs?

So no it's not!!:D

I know, I know... a pub without fish & chips???? garlic bread & cheese? Ploughman's??????

No sausage rolls??? OUTRAGEOUS......the Irish Pub on NCL Epic ( O'Sheehans named after CEO of NCL..) is 24/7 with appetizers, fish & chips AND 6-8 drafts ......aaaahhhh!!!!

Big Al

There's no food in the pub.

I find that very disappointing, but then again I can always stumble my way over to Johnny Rockets or Sorrentos and get some good "eating while drinking" food.

I'm glad someone asked this question as I'm going on freedom in about 2 months.

I've never cruised before so this might be a dumb question but, if I buy a beer at the Pub or a pool bar or what have you, can I walk around anywhere on the ship with it? I know there are probably a few restricted areas. But could I buy a beer in the pub, wonder around the ship a bit, then head back to my cabin with it? Will anyone be like "quick take that guy to the brig! He has an open beer outside of the bar!"?

I know, I know... a pub without fish & chips???? garlic bread & cheese? Ploughman's??????

No sausage rolls??? OUTRAGEOUS......the Irish Pub on NCL Epic ( O'Sheehans named after CEO of NCL..) is 24/7 with appetizers, fish & chips AND 6-8 drafts ......aaaahhhh!!!!

Big Al

I am with you Big Al. I may never leave the pub if I had fish & chips along with Smithwick's ale

I find that very disappointing, but then again I can always stumble my way over to Johnny Rockets or Sorrentos and get some good "eating while drinking" food.

I've never cruised before so this might be a dumb question but, if I buy a beer at the Pub or a pool bar or what have you, can I walk around anywhere on the ship with it? I know there are probably a few restricted areas. But could I buy a beer in the pub, wonder around the ship a bit, then head back to my cabin with it? Will anyone be like "quick take that guy to the brig! He has an open beer outside of the bar!"?

No worries on walking and drinking.

Not a dumb question AT ALL...I do it all the time..I go to the Pub, or wherever I like the beer ( like I'll take a Beck's draft over a bottled beer)..you can also have one of the bottled beers in the Pub and walk around the ship with it- no problem...remember, they WANT you to buy drinks...Freedom is a great ship..go see the beer menu in the pub on deck 5 ( Royal Promenade)..they may also have 2-3 beers on draft there, but don't hold your breath..they're almost ALWAYS broken...

Big Al

Not a dumb question AT ALL...I do it all the time..I go to the Pub, or wherever I like the beer ( like I'll take a Beck's draft over a bottled beer)..you can also have one of the bottled beers in the Pub and walk around the ship with it- no problem...remember, they WANT you to buy drinks...Freedom is a great ship..go see the beer menu in the pub on deck 5 ( Royal Promenade)..they may also have 2-3 beers on draft there, but don't hold your breath..they're almost ALWAYS broken...

Big Al

Sounds good Big Al. I think you should work for NCL, because your description of the pub on Epic, has sold me that I should definitely look at Epic for my next cruise.

Then again I keep telling myself "one trip at a time....one trip at a time". As if that's gonna happen. Soon I'll be like people on here who have three or four cruise countdowns in their signature.

I won't be holding my breath for good draft, but maybe I'll get lucky and the taps won't be broken or dry.

Cheers!

I'm a hoppier, as bitter as I can get IPA girl just off the Liberty and the beer menu is fairly limited if you like craft beer or IPAs. Red Hook's Long Hammer IPA is the only IPA on board and it was fine for that though they ran out by day 4! But we'd bring our soft sided RCCL beer cooler, order a handful and they'd fill the cooler with ice and off we'd go if we were headed to the pool deck. The cooler has a built in opener which was nice. I think the SN PA is included in the package but the Red Hook was excluded from the alcohol package. I didn't get the package though as I knew I'd never find enough beer I deemed drinkable on board that I wanted to drink enough to make it worth the price but I don't drink soda or liquor anymore which would have helped justify the price lol!

I'm a hoppier, as bitter as I can get IPA girl just off the Liberty and the beer menu is fairly limited if you like craft beer or IPAs. Red Hook's Long Hammer IPA is the only IPA on board and it was fine for that though they ran out by day 4! But we'd bring our soft sided RCCL beer cooler, order a handful and they'd fill the cooler with ice and off we'd go if we were headed to the pool deck. The cooler has a built in opener which was nice. I think the SN PA is included in the package but the Red Hook was excluded from the alcohol package. I didn't get the package though as I knew I'd never find enough beer I deemed drinkable on board that I wanted to drink enough to make it worth the price but I don't drink soda or liquor anymore which would have helped justify the price lol!

ShiilyShally

Thanks for the valuable info on the beers in the alcohol package. I, too, love a good hoppy IPA. It is a bummer that Red Hook is not included but I can live with SN.

• 11 months later...

Great idea about the beer cooler. Curiour about RedHook's Long Hammer IPA, SN PA....if paying "cash" how much were these beers?

Edited by SilverDollarDoll

Found that menu & link.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1794050&page=2

Got some nice IPA's here ,too....double click to see it bigger...

Big Al

Hey BIG AL,

This sounds like a fantastic link...hope you are still around to update because it doesn't work for me. Is it in temporary "time out" or has it been deleted? Sounds so informative that I'd love to see it. Thanks for any

extra help.