Transfer to Port Canaveral?

Does RCI offer a transfer from MCO to Port Canaveral? If so, how much is it? I couldn't find anything on their website.

Thanks.

I think the price is around $35 or $40 per person. If we fly in the same day as the cruise, we usually use a shared shuttle service such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx. If we fly in the day before the cruise, we do a one-way car rental from Avis, Budget, or Hertz.

Travelynx is less expensive I believe. It was $25 per person last month. At Pt Canaveral there are signs advertising shuttle service for $25 per person but I don't know which shuttle company is used.

We have used Travelynx several times and they are great.

We just booked a private transfer with Orlando Transportation Group. We have 7 adults traveling and they quoted us a fabulous price of $40 pp for a private R/T including a grocery store stop. We fly in one day pre-cruise and they will take us from MCO to Cocoa Beach Hotel, then pick us up at PC taking us to MCO. NICE!!

I just booked a car rental for a one day and 4 hour (arriving red eye at 6;30 Am Saturday drop car at 11:00 am Sunday) for a total of $69.33.

When I first booked the exact same it was 129.00, nice price drop.

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place. I will be on FOS sailing out of Port Canaveral on April 7. Once we have returned to the port, are there usually transportation companies waiting outside? If so, can anyone tell how expensive/inexpensive they are going to Orlando airport. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place. I will be on FOS sailing out of Port Canaveral on April 7. Once we have returned to the port, are there usually transportation companies waiting outside? If so, can anyone tell how expensive/inexpensive they are going to Orlando airport. Thank you in advance for your help.

You can check the Florida Departures board for more info.

There are shuttle companies outside the terminal, however I'm not sure how well the accommodate walk-ups. It's probably best to make a reservation with one of the companies.

We've used Cocoa Beach Shuttle before and had good luck. Their charge was $65 for two people, and then gave a 10% discount for mentioning Cruise Critic.

Edited by clarea

Yes they offer transfers. We have always used RCIs transfers and booked our hotels thru them also. I call RCI to make hotel arraingements and transfers. I think our last trip was $72 per person round trip. If you are staying in Orlando the day before, take the Mears shuttle from the airport to your hotel, then RCI will pick you up at the hotel the next day. And yes you should arrive a day early for every cruise. There are probably other, cheaper ways to do this, but we feel safe using RCI for all arrangements !

YIf you are staying in Orlando the day before, take the Mears shuttle from the airport to your hotel, then RCI will pick you up at the hotel the next day.

That's great to know! Does it matter which hotel? I usually stay at the Country Inn near the airport, which has its own shuttle.

That's great to know! Does it matter which hotel? I usually stay at the Country Inn near the airport, which has its own shuttle.

cruisinfever is correct. If you booked your hotel through RCI then airport to hotel and hotel to port transfers are included. If not then just show up at the airport and see the RCI meet,n,greet person. They will add the cost of the transfers to your seapass acct. You will need to show them your setsail pass so they can charge it to your room. Strangely, you cannot pre-book your transfers if you arrive a day before unless you book the hotel with RCI.

RCI will have a list of their hotels available when you call them that you can use their transfer from. We have stayed at Hyatt Regency, Caribe Royale and Lake Buena Vista Palace. They are all nice hotels and the bus usually picks you up around 1030. They make a few stops at other hotels and sometimes the airport for cruisers that arrive the same day as the cruise and then it's off to port Canaveral. It's about a 45 minute ride and we are usually on board by 1 ish.

• 1 year later...
We just booked a private transfer with Orlando Transportation Group. We have 7 adults traveling and they quoted us a fabulous price of $40 pp for a private R/T including a grocery store stop. We fly in one day pre-cruise and they will take us from MCO to Cocoa Beach Hotel, then pick us up at PC taking us to MCO. NICE!!

Checking to see how Orlando Transportation Group did for you?

Travelynx is less expensive I believe. It was $25 per person last month. At Pt Canaveral there are signs advertising shuttle service for $25 per person but I don't know which shuttle company is used.

We have used Travelynx several times and they are great.

We used Travelynx a couple of years ago and it was $100 round-trip for two. They picked us up at our pre-cruise hotel and returned us to the airport. Geat service...no problems. Would definitely use them again.:)

Dread. Pirate

Can u fly in the day before? There are hotels ( courtyard and comfort) that offer R/T transfers 1 night stay and port shuttle.

I have booked the Courtyard for 203.00 which includes all of the above.

If RCCL is 75.00 per person r/t for another 50 you can get a good nights sleep by flying in the day b/4.