Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

n

Just back two weeks ago from MSC Poesia - Europe where I purchased the UBP. I felt it was a really good deal upon purchase...166 euro for 7 days - you do the math to see it is much less than NCL and included a nice variety of drinks (I like the fruity cocktails and anything I asked for was always included), bottled waters, specialty coffees and fresh juices. Like many of you, I kept up with my receipts to compare at the end of the week. I also tried to "get my money worth" and even ordered doubles at times. At the end of the week - we figured we came out about $100 ahead by pre-paying for the package. In addition, if you pre-ordered your package, you didn't have the 15% added on. So, we may not have came out so well if we would have purchased it on board.

I loved not worrying about what my bill would be at the end of the week. Instead, my obsession became with making sure I didn't lose money on that package...adding receipts once a day!

Will I purchase for my upcoming Breakaway cruise? Nope! I will take a bar set-up though!

Newbie here, what is the bar set up?

So, if I read it right, Starbucks Coffee?

If, so, pop, soda, starbucks..... Then even a better deal?

Can someone confirm?

You read it right if you read "Starbucks Coffee Liqueur". Not sure where you saw soda or pop.

I have been trying to follow the various forums about ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

it seems that the latest Rev3 PDF from NCL has removed the "wine up to $10 per glass" and substituted house merlot and chardonnay into both the $46 and $56 packages

This really doesnt work for us...does anyone know what is available on the GEM sailing 14 Sept?

This should answer most of your questions:

Ultimate Beverage Package

56 USD/day

Liquor (see list attached)

Beer (up to US $ 5.50)

Wine by the glass (up to US $ 10.00)

Water

Juice

Soft Drinks

at all Bars & Lounges and Restaurants

Not included

Bottled water

Fresh squeezed juice

Specialty coffee

Energy Drinks

Mini bar drinks

Can you please give me a link to this on NCL website as I cannot find it nor see how to pre-order it.

Can you please give me a link to this on NCL website as I cannot find it nor see how to pre-order it.

uh oh i just found it:

Beverage package

Unlimited beverages: Buy a soft drink package for children or adults on the first day of your cruise.

View Details

Chef’s Table

Norwegian Cruise Line has unveiled an intimate, two-and-a-half hour gourmet dining experience: The Chef’s Table. The cover charge of US $ 75 per person includes:

• Champagne reception with the ship’s Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Director, Restaurant Manager, Assistant Maître d’Hotel and Head Wine Steward
  • One group photo and an individual photo with the Executive Chef
  • Nine-course menu, accompanied by wines
  • A behind-the-scenes galley tour

The Chef’s Table is limited to 12 guests and offered once per cruise. It can only be booked on board by the guests.

Sorry if this has been asked before -

just quickly looking at the boards before leaving for work.

I asked NCL before our June Breakaway cruise if I could prepay the UBP and they said no.

Have they changed that?

Thanks

Kathy

I asked NCL before our June Breakaway cruise if I could prepay the UBP and they said no.

Have they changed that?

Thanks

Kathy

You should be able to prepay the UBP if it is offered on your sailing. By that I mean there is discussion stating UBP is not offered on some sailings, like during spring break.

If NCL says its available but won't let you prepay it, hang up and speak to someone else.

Have they changed that?

Thanks

Kathy

Yes they have and you can now prepay. Have to call can't be done online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I can't ascertain if champagne is included in the Ultimate Beverage Package. There ARE champagne bars (e.g., Magnum's, Gatsby's, etc.) on a lot of the NCL ships, so I wonder if any of the champagne is cheap, errrrr, inexpensive:D enough to be sold by the glass.

Has anyone had experience with that?

I can't ascertain if champagne is included in the Ultimate Beverage Package. There ARE champagne bars (e.g., Magnum's, Gatsby's, etc.) on a lot of the NCL ships, so I wonder if any of the champagne is cheap, errrrr, inexpensive:D enough to be sold by the glass.

Has anyone had experience with that?

They are not. The only sparkling wine by the glass included is Presceco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

For those who asked about Martinis:

The only one I could get with the UBP was called Banana Banshee I believe.

I took pics of the drink menu at Shakers on Breakaway. I will post those photos later this evening.

Thanks for the response to call NCL to prepay - the DH and I conversed about that last night. I told him I was following up on that as I wanted to prepay for this next trip on Gem if I could. It was nice to prepay the DSC.

I have to say I find it so strange you can get a Long Island Ice Tea which is all booze with a splash of coke over a martini which has simply syrup added to it to bump up the volume in the glass. From a $$ viewpoint it seems to me that it is cheaper to put Vodka, a liqueur, and simply syrup in a glass then it is to put all 5 boozes in a glass for the Tea :rolleyes:

Please all be sure to check on this as well ----- I ordered a vodka tonic one night and wound up with a bar vodka in the drink. The next one I asked for I questioned the bartender saying I thought Absolut was included in the UBP. He said yes it was and from then on when I asked for one it was made with Absolut vodka. Thinking they are instructed to use the cheaper stuff

Kathy