Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Hi all

quick question I know we can prepay for the UBP and soda packages and we get a sticker for our cards in the stateroom. So my question is if you get a soda before your room opens up does it go on your account because you do not have a sticker on your seapass or on the package because your seapass is linked to the package?

Thanks

Damon

We are taking the Dawn cruise from Boston to Bermuda in October for our Honeymoon and The UBP seems like a good deal for us. It will give us an opportunity to try a bunch of different drinks, especially if all drinks $8.50 and under are included, like the Dark and Stromy's, Daquiris, Pina Coladas, etc. Plus with all wines under $10 included, it is a perfect opportunity to try some new wines out too.

Hi all

quick question I know we can prepay for the UBP and soda packages and we get a sticker for our cards in the stateroom. So my question is if you get a soda before your room opens up does it go on your account because you do not have a sticker on your seapass or on the package because your seapass is linked to the package?

Thanks

Damon

Not a problem, you can get your sticker at the area where they sell the UBP as soon as you get on board. On the Breakaway, it was at the cafe in the Atrium. They have a list with all those who prepaid.

Enjoy,

Coach Jim

Not a problem, you can get your sticker at the area where they sell the UBP as soon as you get on board. On the Breakaway, it was at the cafe in the Atrium. They have a list with all those who prepaid.

Enjoy,

Coach Jim

Thanks Jim

this has set my mind at ease

Has anyone looked at the non-alcohol drink side of this. Are any of the coffees (lattes) covered?. Cost of virgin drinks? Smoothies. Just wondering if anyone has tried it with only one of you who drinks alcohol.

I have read that the speciality coffees are not included but would also like to know the cost of Virgin cocktails and whether there is a good selection. We went on RCL last year and found the non alcoholic cocktails where a bit lacking in choice.

We think we can make the UBP work for us as we are doing a very similar itinerary to last year so are planning to spend more time on the ship enjoying the pools and slide when everyone is of touring

Last year the package would not have been worth it to us as we were off the ship in nearly every port with only one sea day

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Can anyone tell me if you wanted to order a drink/wine above the price limit, could you just pay the difference in price? Also, would the package work on the wine machines in the studio lounge on the Breakaway?

As I understand wines under $10 a glass before service charge are included. When I search for pictures of the bar menu all red and white wines listed are below those $10. Is there a special wine menu with wines more expensive or is the $10 limit identical to all wines?

As I understand wines under $10 a glass before service charge are included. When I search for pictures of the bar menu all red and white wines listed are below those $10. Is there a special wine menu with wines more expensive or is the $10 limit identical to all wines?

There are 2 whites and 1 red over $10. If you go to bon vot gifts on the NCL website, it lists wines by the glass.

don't know if its been mentioned but NCL has another package, called the UBPCC

for the Beer & wine lovers out here "UBPCC

Corks and Caps Wine and Beer Package

Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, and wines by the glass during your entire cruise." 44.00 per day

Can anyone verify that the package is sold at the Atrium Cafe on the Epic when we board the ship? A group of us are meeting at OSheehans when we get on board, but we all need to make our way to get our sticker first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Can anyone verify that the package is sold at the Atrium Cafe on the Epic when we board the ship? A group of us are meeting at OSheehans when we get on board, but we all need to make our way to get our sticker first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The stickers are sold at every bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Please somebody clarify:

can any of these packages - UBP / UBPCC - be purchased for a specific date or they must purchased for a length of the cruise?

I think that when the ship in "at sea" it might be useful:confused:

"Entire length of cruise."

That means every day of a 7 day, 10 day, 23 day 40 day...

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package07192013.pdf

we have been silversea and seabourn crusiers for 20 years and have enjoyed to the fullest the all inclusive drinks. with the ubp it does not include room service, so how is the best way to have wine in the room while enjoying the veranda, etc ? do you bootleg a glass from the nearest bar? or am i missing something other than ordering a wine package for the room.

thirsty on vacation

we have been silversea and seabourn crusiers for 20 years and have enjoyed to the fullest the all inclusive drinks. with the ubp it does not include room service, so how is the best way to have wine in the room while enjoying the veranda, etc ? do you bootleg a glass from the nearest bar? or am i missing something other than ordering a wine package for the room.

thirsty on vacation

You are correct. You would grab a glass of wine from the nearest bar and bring it back to your cabin.

thirsty on vacation

As posted bring a glass or two back to the room or better yet pack a couple bottles of your favorite, pay the $15 corkage, and have them waiting in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Hi all

Thanks

Damon

We prepaid & the sticker was on our cards when we got them at the pier. We were able to go straight to the bar when we boarded..............;)

:)I have been following the thread to help me decide if I should purchase this if I book a cruise for 2014. I want to keep hydrated!! Is non bottled water still and sparkling included or is this free anyway. I dont drink any other type of soda except Ginger Beer (very popular in UK) or iced Green Tea but I have not seen those listed aywhere.

Just got back from Epic, West Med., we contemplated getting the package, as we were travelling with 2 other couples, and knowing that when were together we do indeed like to drink.

However, we decided not to, and take our chances, ......and indeed made the right decision.

There simply is not enough time on the ship if you get off at each port, and return in the late afternoon, in order to get your money`s worth. Instead, we bought the 5+1 beer buckets ($30), and pre-purchased 16 bottles of wine, as a group, which worked out to approx. $23 per bottle. We may have had a cocktail before or after dinner as well. Our total liquor expenses for the week, was just under $400 (for 2)

There is no way a couple can drink $800 worth of liquor on this type of cruise.