Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

You be very glad you purchased it trust me, so worth it not mentioning knowing what your bill be. We found ourselves having bloody marys and mimosas in the am something that we never did it was very nice.

This is why we would get it:)

Everyone has talked about when to buy to avoid tax. When did you buy yours and did you pay tax?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Excuse me if this has already been asked, but do they limit the amount of drinks you can purchase in a certain time frame?

Let's say I buy the UBP for my cabin (wife and I) and have my friends staying in another who don't buy it. Am I able to get two beers at a time from my card and wife's card, drop them off, and go to another bar and get two more beers for our friends? This way we split the cost of the package and then it is definitely worth it.

Does the system lock you out if they see you purchased 4 beers in 5 minutes?

Thanks

There is nothing in place to stop you doing that, but I assume you realise that this isn't how it should be used, and would certainly be against the terms of the deal.

It's down to your conscience really.

Edited by KeithJenner

There is nothing in place to stop you doing that, but I assume you realise that this isn't how it should be used, and would certainly be against the terms of the deal.

Understood, just asking though

This. Plus it is a sure way to ruin the program for others

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Excuse me if this has already been asked, but do they limit the amount of drinks you can purchase in a certain time frame?

Let's say I buy the UBP for my cabin (wife and I) and have my friends staying in another who don't buy it. Am I able to get two beers at a time from my card and wife's card, drop them off, and go to another bar and get two more beers for our friends? This way we split the cost of the package and then it is definitely worth it.

Does the system lock you out if they see you purchased 4 beers in 5 minutes?

Thanks

Same problem occurs with the soda cards but not the same financial risk to NCL with one passenger with the package running sodas for the whole group. What is in place is the bar staff they don't miss much. You may get away with one or two times but expect the bartender to pull you to the side sooner or later. I have seen them do that with abuse of just a soda package. That could be pretty embarrassing. They could revoke your UBP and bill you for every drink(they have every receipt signed by you or your wife) or require you friends to by the package as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

There are cameras everywhere. Hubby and I each had the package, and one of the bartenders would also tease us to show both cards for "big brother," though they would put our bill on one tab. I would figure if someone tried to cheat the system multiple times, they would eventually be caught.

We just got off Breakaway and the DH and I did the UBP.

You WILL NOT get an apple martini under the program.

You WILL get a long island ice tea.

You WILL get froze daiquiris and margaritas

I'm not sure about the jack as I am an absolut drinker - which I got; however, had to ask for it otherwise the bartenders were giving me bar VODKA.

Wine you have to keep under the $9 mark. I drank Blackstone Merlot with dinner. The DH and I had bloody marys in the morning.

The DH drank Coors light which came in 16 oz aluminum cans. I prefer draft beers and had a miller light for lunch when we boarded. I drank Stella the rest of the time.

On Breakaway each bar seems to carry different beers on tap. I wanted to try the Brooklyn Lager at the bar upstairs but my sinus infection came back two days into the cruise and I wasn't up for doing a lot of walking around.

Our bartenders at O'Sheehan's kept an open tab for us, closing out our drinks when we were done. They billed one card, all I had to do was show them that mine had the UBP sticker on it.

We felt it was worth it. I did not have to keep checking our on board account every day to make sure we were staying in budget. We knew we needed $788.90 for the 7 day trip for the two of us. I prepaid our gratuities before we went.

Hope this helps

Kathy

We just got off Breakaway and the DH and I did the UBP.

You WILL NOT get an apple martini under the program.

You WILL get a long island ice tea.

You WILL get froze daiquiris and margaritas

I'm not sure about the jack as I am an absolut drinker - which I got; however, had to ask for it otherwise the bartenders were giving me bar VODKA.

Wine you have to keep under the $9 mark. I drank Blackstone Merlot with dinner. The DH and I had bloody marys in the morning.

The DH drank Coors light which came in 16 oz aluminum cans. I prefer draft beers and had a miller light for lunch when we boarded. I drank Stella the rest of the time.

On Breakaway each bar seems to carry different beers on tap. I wanted to try the Brooklyn Lager at the bar upstairs but my sinus infection came back two days into the cruise and I wasn't up for doing a lot of walking around.

Our bartenders at O'Sheehan's kept an open tab for us, closing out our drinks when we were done. They billed one card, all I had to do was show them that mine had the UBP sticker on it.

We felt it was worth it. I did not have to keep checking our on board account every day to make sure we were staying in budget. We knew we needed $788.90 for the 7 day trip for the two of us. I prepaid our gratuities before we went.

Hope this helps

Kathy

I skimmed all 10 pages of this thread, but didn't see this question asked/answered. Apologies if I missed something along the way. Is champagne included in the plan? If so, is it considered to be in the wine category such that the $10/glass limit applies? Or is it in its own category?

Thanks,

G.

I skimmed all 10 pages of this thread, but didn't see this question asked/answered. Apologies if I missed something along the way. Is champagne included in the plan? If so, is it considered to be in the wine category such that the $10/glass limit applies? Or is it in its own category?

Thanks,

G.

Pretty sure I read somewhere on the boards that they don't sell champagne by the glass. I know someone on my roll call called NCL about the price of a bottle and they said the cheapest one they sell onboard is $86 :eek::rolleyes: We are bringing our own and paying the corkage fee for my son's wedding dinner :D

Thanks,

G.

When sailing on the Epic this past February, we purchased the UBP. I don't believe champagne was offered by the glass, however I did drink Prosecco, which was included in the package, as were Mimosas.

Hi Everybody!

Thanks for all of the great information!

Does anyone know if Cosmos would be included? My wife likes to drink those.

Also, does anyone know if the Breakaway has Absolut Berri Acai? That's my wife's favorite!

Thanks!

Edited by cruisencode

5) I had more than my share of mudslides at the pool. I would mix the m&m's in with it (they left m&m's out at the Haven). I would call that "lunch."

:D

OMG!! I like you!!! :D

Hi Everybody!

Thanks for all of the great information!

Does anyone know if Cosmos would be included? My wife likes to drink those.

Also, does anyone know if the Breakaway has Absolut Berri Acai? That's my wife's favorite!

Thanks!

No you cannot get a Cosmo with the UBP

Had planned for me and my fiancé to get the ubp on the norwegian star mexican riviera cruise on our honeymoon, only to find out we cant as its during spring break!!!! I take it there is no way round this? Any info appreciated as we would Definitely try more things if it were available :(

Well there is a way around this simply by buying drinks each individually.

May be a nuisance but unless you each are planning on drinking less than

7 drinks a day you might come out ahead. If you were not aware the UBP

must be purchased by each of you and not shared on one cabin card.

"Everyone in the same cabin must purchase the UBP" !

You don't sound like wine drinking folks - but just consider buying a few

bottles upon boarding (buy from NCL avoid corkage fee) and you would

still come out ahead. And the UBP does you no good while off the ship

in a port visit.

There is another option of buying a bottle with bar set up in your cabin.

Starts around $80 for cheap stuff. IMHO not a great deal to consider.

Also the UBP does not include all drinks ! I think the limit is drinks that

are $8 or less.

Consider cost of UBP @ $49.00 a day x 7 days = $343 + 15% gratuity of

$51.45 = Total per person = $394.45.

I am sure with a little planning you can do much better !

Well there is a way around this simply by buying drinks each individually.

May be a nuisance but unless you each are planning on drinking less than

7 drinks a day you might come out ahead. If you were not aware the UBP

must be purchased by each of you and not shared on one cabin card.

"Everyone in the same cabin must purchase the UBP" !

You don't sound like wine drinking folks - but just consider buying a few

bottles upon boarding (buy from NCL avoid corkage fee) and you would

still come out ahead. And the UBP does you no good while off the ship

in a port visit.

There is another option of buying a bottle with bar set up in your cabin.

Starts around $80 for cheap stuff. IMHO not a great deal to consider.

Also the UBP does not include all drinks ! I think the limit is drinks that

are $8 or less.

Consider cost of UBP @ $49.00 a day x 7 days = $343 + 15% gratuity of

$51.45 = Total per person = $394.45.

I am sure with a little planning you can do much better !

Thanks for the info, unfortunately we are wine drinkers and have no doubt we would have benefited from the package as we enjoy cocktails , beer and spirits. We also had planned on not doing many excursions as we are staying in LA before it and going to vegas after it ( we're from Scotland) i had checked all the brands and really done my homework on what was included, so we were very disappointed when we realised its a no go during spring break!

Homework - did that include other cruise lines that are not so restrictive

during 'Spring Break' . SB is a almost a year away - and if you are not

a party to a loyalty program change cruise lines. Holland America and

Princess cater to a more adult theme; Carnival not so much as well as

Disney. Celebrity should be considered. Mex Riv is OK but there are other

cruises to pick from if just cruising is your thing skipping shore excursions.

Terrific that you are planning 9 months or more out for a trip - chance to

get the best fares and select staterooms/suites. NCL is one of the more

finicky anti-booze friendly cruise lines - Holland America the best and most

lenient.

Good Luck where ever cruising takes you - Bon Voyage !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
Dangaling line structure

Ive read this thread a couple of times, but can anyone "confirm" that following drinks are included in UBP?

* Mojito

* Jack n` coke

* Frozen Strawberry D

* Long Island Iced Tea

*Skrewdriver