Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Just one question as I'm going to buy this in a cpl weeks if available on Breakaway.

How do you actually buy the package onboard. I've seen some say at any bar, some at reception, some wait until the special stall is put out??

Hopefully reduce my $1000 onboard a TA last time. All those 25hr days and party nights

Did you think it was worth it to buy the UBP?

Okay, to include my reply for the last 2 posts... once on board, we purchased the package at the main pool deck, line was a little long only because most of those in line ahead of us had a hard time understanding the "rules" even once explained several times... many questions. Would I purchase the UBP again? Probably. Only because while I didn't feel the need to "get my monies worth", I didn't consider what my tab would be at the end of the cruise and what I drank was included in the package. My husband I drank: mimosas, bloody mary's, vodka drinks, beer, wine (up to $10/glass was generous) and the occasionial frozen drinks we had. Overall, I felt it was worth the purchase.

Okay, to include my reply for the last 2 posts... once on board, we purchased the package at the main pool deck, line was a little long only because most of those in line ahead of us had a hard time understanding the "rules" even once explained several times... many questions. Would I purchase the UBP again? Probably. Only because while I didn't feel the need to "get my monies worth", I didn't consider what my tab would be at the end of the cruise and what I drank was included in the package. My husband I drank: mimosas, bloody mary's, vodka drinks, beer, wine (up to $10/glass was generous) and the occasionial frozen drinks we had. Overall, I felt it was worth the purchase.

I will be getting it for our next cruise. I love Mimosas, but I would never get one on board, but if I had the UBP I would. How nice to have with breakfast. :)

I'm still not sure it would be worth it. I think it is agreed you would have to drink 7 drinks a day to break even. 7 EVERY DAY! Yes you are on vacation and I am sure there are people that want to drink EVERY DAY, I just don't think that would be for me. Even drinking 4 of the 7 days, I'd have to drink over 12 drinks on those 4 days to make it worth it. I think it's easier FOR ME, to just pay for each drink.

I think I would be one of those that tried to drink more, just to ensure I got my monies worth. It'd probably be fun at the time, but a month later I wouldn't remember anything about my cruise. ;)

I wish I could go back to my account to see what I paid in alcohol when I was on the Epic last year. Give me a better idea of how much I drank and whether it would be worth it.

I tend to be a creature of habit (and no alcoholism is not my habit) and will not purchase a $10-$12 drink if I don't know if I like it or not. I see this as an opportunity to try drinks I normally would not buy, If I don't like it I will just order a new drink. Also with $100 OBC for a week of drinking $256.00 is not bad.

I tend to be a creature of habit (and no alcoholism is not my habit) and will not purchase a $10-$12 drink if I don't know if I like it or not. I see this as an opportunity to try drinks I normally would not buy, If I don't like it I will just order a new drink. Also with $100 OBC for a week of drinking $256.00 is not bad.

I like your thinking!!!! I will adopt your philosophy for my cruise. :cool:

We are going on the Breakaway in June celebrating a 30th birthday and a graduation, and we are still debating if the drink package is worth it or not. We will be having MULTIPLE drinks throughout the trip and we enjoy having a good time. Our concerns are...

- if we are docked in Bermuda for 3 days is it wasting too much money with the package

- will we be charged for 7 days or 6 days considering our ship gets back to NY early Sunday

- I love martinis and I read somewhere martinis were not included yet on the list someone posted early I see blue curacao, flavored vodkas, etc....so wouldn't that be considered mixtures for martinis?

- We will have about $200 onboard credit can that go towards the package?

Any help/more opinions are GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

We are going on the Breakaway in June celebrating a 30th birthday and a graduation, and we are still debating if the drink package is worth it or not. We will be having MULTIPLE drinks throughout the trip and we enjoy having a good time. Our concerns are...

- if we are docked in Bermuda for 3 days is it wasting too much money with the package

That depends on your in-port habits. We generally return to the ship for dinner (at least), so if you're anything like us (this is using an active port day as an example): stop at the bar for a "getting ready" cocktail, maybe a cocktail before dinner, a glass of wine or two during dinner, and drinks as you hang out/party for the rest of the evening. I don't think it's too hard for it to be "worth it" even on a day when you're mostly off the ship, such as that one.

- will we be charged for 7 days or 6 days considering our ship gets back to NY early Sunday You will be charged for six days. Disembarkation day doesn't count.

- I love martinis and I read somewhere martinis were not included yet on the list someone posted early I see blue curacao, flavored vodkas, etc....so wouldn't that be considered mixtures for martinis?I can't speak to that. We did the wonderfully inclusive package on Oceania (almost EVERYTHING is included).

- We will have about $200 onboard credit can that go towards the package? It sure does!

I think given the nature of your trip (sounds like a wonderful celebration!), it would probably be worth it for anyone in your party who is a social drinker. We are by no means lushes, but we find it a carefree way to vacation. Have a great time!

The way I figured, comparing to my usual consumption. A couple of sodas during the day, a couple of drinks with dinner, maybe one watching the show after dinner. Then I can easily drink a vodka and coke an hour in the night club until 2/3/4am so 4 shots. 9 drinks.. :D

if i never had another alcoholic drink in my life i would be ok

i can not believe people will pay for unlimited booze.

At $50 a day x 7 x 2 people

that is $700

some of you out there drink like fish.

i now you are on vacation but your poor body is working double time/

even that you are not drinking and driving people can get drunk have

have fights etc

Do you feel better now, UncleBoo?

Edited by Kaftan Kween

- will we be charged for 7 days or 6 days considering our ship gets back to NY early Sunday

- I love martinis and I read somewhere martinis were not included yet on the list someone posted early I see blue curacao, flavored vodkas, etc....so wouldn't that be considered mixtures for martinis?

- We will have about $200 onboard credit can that go towards the package?

Pretty sure milanojosh is incorrect about the number of days. We're on the Breakaway in July and it's a 7-day cruise...if you count Sun to Sat...that's 7 days...not 6. At least that's how the soda pkg works :D

OK this is my experience. We are just back from a 9 day cruise from Barcelona to the Canaries on the Spirit. We had 4 sea days so perhaps that meant that we drank more than usual.

Whilst on the cruise I drank mostly beer with and occasional Rusty Nail. My DW drank wine almost exclusively. On checking my Invoice on our return I found that we spent an average of $82 per day on bar purchases, this did include a number of drinks purchased for others but I reckon I got most of that back. :confused:

Points worth noting are that the total included a 4 bottle wine package (lowest price package) and that the wine my DW purchased outwith the package was house wine (with the UBP she could have purchased wine up to $10 per glass) :)

I reckon if we had taken the package we would have experimented with cocktails and varied our drinks more, I doubt if we would have had much more to drink but consider that we would have enjoyed the experience.;)

My conclusion is that on future cruises we will take the package, the extra cost of around $30 per day will be well worth it.

Finally for the record we had a fantastic cruise, loved the Spirit and met lots of new friends.

OK this is my experience. We are just back from a 9 day cruise from Barcelona to the Canaries on the Spirit. We had 4 sea days so perhaps that meant that we drank more than usual.

Whilst on the cruise I drank mostly beer with and occasional Rusty Nail. My DW drank wine almost exclusively. On checking my Invoice on our return I found that we spent an average of $82 per day on bar purchases, this did include a number of drinks purchased for others but I reckon I got most of that back. :confused:

Points worth noting are that the total included a 4 bottle wine package (lowest price package) and that the wine my DW purchased outwith the package was house wine (with the UBP she could have purchased wine up to $10 per glass) :)

I reckon if we had taken the package we would have experimented with cocktails and varied our drinks more, I doubt if we would have had much more to drink but consider that we would have enjoyed the experience.;)

My conclusion is that on future cruises we will take the package, the extra cost of around $30 per day will be well worth it.

Finally for the record we had a fantastic cruise, loved the Spirit and met lots of new friends.

Was the average of $82 a day per person or altogether. If altogether, then that means you guys EACH drank an average of $41 a day which would NOT make a drink package worth it. Close, but still cheaper to just pay for each drink.

Was the average of $82 a day per person or altogether. If altogether, then that means you guys EACH drank an average of $41 a day which would NOT make a drink package worth it. Close, but still cheaper to just pay for each drink.

The $82 was for both of us ie $41 each, I am aware that the drink package would be more expensive, if you re read the last part of my post you will get my point which was as follows:

"I reckon if we had taken the package we would have experimented with cocktails and varied our drinks more, I doubt if we would have had much more to drink but consider that we would have enjoyed the experience.

My conclusion is that on future cruises we will take the package, the extra cost of around $30 per day will be well worth it."

O'h, and my wife would have sampled the more expensive wine;)

The $82 was for both of us ie $41 each, I am aware that the drink package would be more expensive, if you re read the last part of my post you will get my point which was as follows:

"I reckon if we had taken the package we would have experimented with cocktails and varied our drinks more, I doubt if we would have had much more to drink but consider that we would have enjoyed the experience.

My conclusion is that on future cruises we will take the package, the extra cost of around $30 per day will be well worth it."

O'h, and my wife would have sampled the more expensive wine;)

Gotcha

• 3 weeks later...