Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

I just could never justify this package for us. We don't drink THAT much and what I like is not in the package. I saw on another thread that martinis are not included, and I like Tangeuray gin - not included. We will stick with our carry on wine, paying the corkage fee, and occasional cocktail.

Here is a scenario I didn't see. We are traveling with our kids, ages 18 and 20. We plan on signing the waiver to allow them to have beer and wine while at sea. My husband is booked in 1 cabin with 1 kid, and i am booked in a cabin with the other. If we were to get the package, would my kids have to also, or would they just have to get the soda package? Could just 1 of us get it, as we are in 2 separate cabins? Thanks!

Here is a scenario I didn't see. We are traveling with our kids, ages 18 and 20. We plan on signing the waiver to allow them to have beer and wine while at sea. My husband is booked in 1 cabin with 1 kid, and i am booked in a cabin with the other. If we were to get the package, would my kids have to also, or would they just have to get the soda package? Could just 1 of us get it, as we are in 2 separate cabins? Thanks!

Mrshilly

I am having the same dilemma.We have one19 yield in a cabin with my husband.I am I another cabin with my other sons. I don't think we will have to get it for them ...they are under age. But it doesn't make sense to get it for my 19yo. I read that you have to get it for each passenger in the cabin.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Book yourself and one child in a cabin, on one credit card and booking. In another cabin, book husband and other child, using a different credit card to make the reservation. Your husband can get the package can get the package by himself as the other room mate is under age. You would not even have to get the package. Kids waiver can be signed on board if I remember correctly. One package purchased.

FWIW, we did get martinis on the Breakaway TA covered by the UBP. However it was so random. The "plan" varied greatly bar to bar. Really a mess

NCL should make it easy on everyone (including the bar staff) and say all drinks under $X are covered. Done.

Does anyone know if NCL will offer an alcoholic beverage package on the epic western Mediterranean cruise this summer?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I would suggest that you forget about it because your cruise is a port intensive one.

Single Cruiser and Cubechick were on the TA with all sea days.

Edited by bluesea777

If you "juggle" the reservations to allow individual packages, remember that the minors in the cabins must take the soda package if they are to young for the booze package. Since yours are both under 21, they will have to take the soda package.

Off the Breakaway TA as well. With all sea days the package was a bargain. A glass of good wine with tip added to the less then $10 came to $11.20 each. A couple glasses at lunch and 3 at dinner package paid for.

There is work to do on what is included as far as cocktails. As posted we were able to get martinis but not at all bars and how it was handled varied.

Beer and wine is very clear. They need to fix what is included for cocktails. Very clear what brands but it falls apart when it is more the one shot in any drink. Funny LIIT were never a problem.

I would never take the package on a port intensive cruise.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Where we will be in Bermuda for 3 days, and DD is not a soda drinker, I think we will be better off not purchasing the UBP. However, where this is our first cruise of many (I hope), I will certainly keep it in mind for the next one...:D

I see that many said that Pina Colada's and Daquiri's were included as they are single spirit drinks.

Anybody know if Margarita's are included? Just asking since they have two spirits.

Thank you.

Here is a thread which indicates that mixed drinks above $8.5 are not included. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845628 This is different from NCLs website which indicates that cocktails are capped based on whether they go into superpremium or not..... http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package-051013.pdf

I don't know if that is generous or not as I don't know what mixed drinks cost. But if margaritas, mai tais, and martinis and the like are not included, then that is really a bummer. Plus it doesn't make sense if wine goes to 10.

We are on the Breakaway in Dec 2013 and are going for the UBP as we got $350 free omboard credit anyway for booking so early. To be honest me and the wife will get our moneys worth in Prosecco alone during mealtimes (which is $9 a glass ordinarily.) Can't get enough of the stuff.

Sod it, we're on holiday after all.

We are on the Breakaway in Dec 2013 and are going for the UBP as we got $350 free omboard credit anyway for booking so early. To be honest me and the wife will get our moneys worth in Prosecco alone during mealtimes (which is $9 a glass ordinarily.) Can't get enough of the stuff.

Sod it, we're on holiday after all.

Any wine drinker can get great value from the UBP. That $9 wine with 15% added to the check totals 10.35. 5 glasses just about covers the cost. I had a couple glasses of the 9.75 Pinot Noir ($11.20) and perhaps 3 with dinner. Anything else I drank was pure profit.

I don't understand why wine under $10 is ok but not cocktails with the same price ceiling. There is more profit in a shot of liquor then the wine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

Here is a thread which indicates that mixed drinks above $8.5 are not included. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845628 This is different from NCLs website which indicates that cocktails are capped based on whether they go into superpremium or not..... http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package-051013.pdf

I don't know if that is generous or not as I don't know what mixed drinks cost. But if margaritas, mai tais, and martinis and the like are not included, then that is really a bummer. Plus it doesn't make sense if wine goes to 10.

I wish that NCL improve his UBP. If we are thinking of the same package with Celebrity (a little more expensive 55$), almost every kind of drink is included. All Martinis, coffee (expresso, capuccino, Irish, Spanish with alcool), glass of wine up to 12$, etc.

NCL could offer 2 package, one with everything at 55$ and a classic one (like Celebrity does) at 49$...

I know that I won't buy it for my 9 days in Baltic Sea, it is not worth the money for us. icon9.gif

You're welcome! I'm in the same boat as you - trying to figure out if it's worth it and what exactly is included. The beer and wine list are pretty generous and I'm ok with most of the cocktails that are offered (hi mojito! so glad you are part of UBP lol) so I think I'm leaning toward buying it. :)

Just found a bar menu from Breakaway that Philamike posted - there are three pictures. It looks like the coveted Long Island Ice Teas are under $8.50 but I haven't seen any martinis that are.

Bar 1

Thank you Jenny! I also when purchased the UBP via telephone we were told cocktails up to $8.50 were included.

Thank you both very much. This is good to hear.

I know that Gambee also posted a very good drink menu, it looks like from the pool, I will need to see what the pina coladas are priced at along with Bloody Marys which I cannot find on any menu so far.

Thank you both very much. This is good to hear.

I know that Gambee also posted a very good drink menu, it looks like from the pool, I will need to see what the pina coladas are priced at along with Bloody Marys which I cannot find on any menu so far.

I'll keep an eye out and post if I find anything.

We (two of us) tried out the UBP on the Gem last week. We genuinely thought we'd get the value out of it, as we both reckoned on having a few drinks every night, wine with dinner, and most likely a drink or two with lunch, too.

Our usual tipple was gin and tonic (around 7 dollars), but we went for wine, piña coladas and rums and Coke on occasion.

The verdict? Not worth it. We kept all our drink receipts, added them up at the end of the trip, and we only consumed the equivalent of about 400 dollars worth of booze between us. Far short of the total cost of the package for two people.

The only way I can see anyone breaking even on this package is if you were to have double measures all the time, or opt for the strongest possible cocktails.

Next time I think we'll be sticking with the wine packages!

We feel its worth it, if you have five drinks total a day figure average of them being $8 and tip its practically what you paid for the day.

We like to have a couple pre dinner drinks, a couple glasses of wine during dinner, and some more drinks maybe 3-4 at night, for us that would be 7-8 drinks a day definitely worth the UBP plus the fact I can have a mimosa or two in the am why not? :p