Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Let me tell ya our story. We like to drink - we are drinkers - we drink when we want to - we drink what we want to drink.

We like a bottle of nice wine with dinner. Sometimes we drink liqueur with coffee after dinner. We sometimes attend Martini Clinics. We go to Latitudes and Platinum Gathering cocktail parties (2, free booze), and most of all we love martinis as pre-dinner and nightcaps. We love beers or frou-frou drinks on pool decks. We attended some 2 for 1 happy hours. And so on.

When I add up our booze bill on each cruise they always come out cheaper than the UBP packages.

Off the soap box.

Let me tell ya our story. We like to drink - we are drinkers - we drink when we want to - we drink what we want to drink.

We like a bottle of nice wine with dinner. Sometimes we drink liqueur with coffee after dinner. We sometimes attend Martini Clinics. We go to Latitudes and Platinum Gathering cocktail parties (2, free booze), and most of all we love martinis as pre-dinner and nightcaps. We love beers or frou-frou drinks on pool decks. We attended some 2 for 1 happy hours. And so on.

When I add up our booze bill on each cruise they always come out cheaper than the UBP packages.

Off the soap box.

Hmmmmm.... I am leaving Sunday on the Jewel and will let everyone know what I spent on my part of drinks. I too like my beer when I want especially a bucket or two by the pool, a not too early Bloody Mary and so on. My problem is my wife does not drink a drop so there is no way I would spend 700 on just myself.

bluesea77 we like pre dinner drinks, we like wine or cocktails at dinner and nightly cocktails...you say the UBP still comes out cheaper?

I guess there is only one real way to figure this out and does anybody have the cocktail menu with prices this way I can get an idea how much it cost and if its worth getting the UBP?

Only had one experience of an inclusive beverage package and that was on RCI Grandeur of the Seas and we certainly got good value. Found that the average cost of a drink would have been c$8 when taking into account the gratuity. I found that I had a number of cocktails (which I would not have paid c$8 for) along with more than a few Rusty Nails and wine with lunch and dinner. We felt we didn't overdo it but enjoyed our drinks throughout the day but there is no doubt we drank more than we would have if paying for the drinks, ok I know we paid for them:o. Our next cruise is on the Spirit (aptly named:)) but the drink package will not be available. Would I have taken it anyway? Don't know, what with happy hours, deals on beers and wine packages, free bubbly if you have to wait for your table, perhaps not.

bluesea77 we like pre dinner drinks, we like wine or cocktails at dinner and nightly cocktails...you say the UBP still comes out cheaper?

I guess there is only one real way to figure this out and does anybody have the cocktail menu with prices this way I can get an idea how much it cost and if its worth getting the UBP?

Nope, I said our booze bills come out cheaper than the UBP prices.

Thank you for your responses.

Does this sound like it would work:

I will move my ds and my nephew into my mother's cabin on paper since my mother will not purchase the UBP.

If my mother wants to purchase the package for my sister's cabin and my cabin, she can pre-purchase OBC for each of our cabins. My mother, sister and I will use separate credit cards at check in for each cabin.

So, I think the above would work until I read what knitlady wrote about linked ressies:

What does all persons in a linked reservation mean? Does this mean linked by credit cards or on our initial reservations? I guess I could have the TA unlink us. Is it correct it would not matter since it is freestyle dining and we can show up at a restaurant (MDR not specialty) and request to be seated together?

Thank you all very much for your help.

Can anyone please help me. I would like to take care of this during the week. Thanks.

Can anyone please help me. I would like to take care of this during the week. Thanks.

If you are the type of person that will drink straight highballs, single bottles of beer, wine by the glass, and not have pre-dinner martinis, coffee with liqueurs, 6 for 5 beer buckets, cocktails, bottle of wine, and so on, forget about the UBP. Also, if your cruise is a port insentive, forget the UBP. Also, sorry to say this, if you have 2 kids with you, I would suggest you not buy the UBP.

Bottom line, the rule is, everyone who is booked in the particular CABIN have to purchase either UBP or Soda package - no matter whose credit card they are on. So if you and your spouse want UBP and the kids do not want soda package, by all means put the kids in same cabin as your mother.

Lastly, remember they add 18% to the UBP prices - it's actually $56 per day.

We had lovely drinks of our own choosing and our total booze bill came out cheaper that the UBP prices.

If you are the type of person that will drink straight highballs, single bottles of beer, wine by the glass, and not have pre-dinner martinis, coffee with liqueurs, 6 for 5 beer buckets, cocktails, bottle of wine, and so on, forget about the UBP. Also, if your cruise is a port insentive, forget the UBP. Also, sorry to say this, if you have 2 kids with you, I would suggest you not buy the UBP.

Bottom line, the rule is, everyone who is booked in the particular CABIN have to purchase either UBP or Soda package - no matter whose credit card they are on. So if you and your spouse want UBP and the kids do not want soda package, by all means put the kids in same cabin as your mother.

Lastly, remember they add 18% to the UBP prices - it's actually $56 per day.

We had lovely drinks of our own choosing and our total booze bill came out cheaper that the UBP prices.

Thank you. My question, sorry if it wasn't clear, is not about if you think it would be a good fit for me, how much we drink, kids, etc., it is about exactly who needs to purchase.

Can anyone please help me not give me ideas about consumption but about who must purchase.

Bluesea says only in the cabin, doesn't matter what credit card. Is this correct. When people talk about "folio" I thought that had to do with Credit Card. If it only matters who is IN the cabin, that is very easy to figure out. If folio means credit card (meaning we were going to have 4 cabins, 10 people of one card) then each cabin will use a different card. If anyone is more versed than I in the program, folio, etc., can you please help me out.

Thanks so much.

Are you guys saying that if I have two kids in my room that they have to also purchase the soda package? If so, then I would never do this. My kids don't even drink soda.

Yep... That's what they are saying....

Are you guys saying that if I have two kids in my room that they have to also purchase the soda package? If so, then I would never do this. My kids don't even drink soda.

Yes, that is exactly correct. That is why I may be putting two kids in my mother's room on paper since she is not getting the package. BUT, if it's everyone on same credit card, then it doesn't matter and if not, we will use our own cards but I have to find out from someone that can help me with that and I'm sure there are plenty on these boards that can help.

To all, can you please help with my questions. I do not need to know about consumption why it's not good for you, etc., I need to find out if everyone on the same credit card needs to purchase and what does Linked ressies mean? We are 4 cabins of 10 people. We were going to use one credit card but not have my mother and any kids in her cabin purchase but I have to find out exactly what this all means from those in the know. Thanks!

Off the soap box.

Good story, you should save it for a party.

The problem with the UBP is that if you get it then you will drink more to feel it was worth it, if you don't get it, you will drink as you normally do. At $56/day you should be drinking at least 7+ drinks a day. Otherwise no point.

JS--> Have you called NCL yet? End the speculation and just call them.

Good story, you should save it for a party.

The problem with the UBP is that if you get it then you will drink more to feel it was worth it, if you don't get it, you will drink as you normally do. At $56/day you should be drinking at least 7+ drinks a day. Otherwise no point.

JS--> Have you called NCL yet? End the speculation and just call them.

BurtonRider, yes I have called them and got a person that sounded like they were annoyed to be answering the phone. He told me just the people in the cabin, then when I asked about folio, he told me "oh yeah" that too. So I asked what does that mean, he said well everyone that is connected. I said cabins, credit card, he said "everyone". So what the heck does that mean and he really didn't sound like he was very knowledgeable.

Yes I called, thanks but the first agent I called a couple of months ago was very unhelpful and really didn't know, thus when my questions started LOL

I took your advice and called again. I got an awsome agent, who put me on hold found out everything since she said she wanted to be versed in this too

and told me to unlink my ressies and use separate credit cards on board.

THANK YOU for asking about calling. I'm a Disney nut too and I know that we can get many answers for the same questions and thought the same

would be true for NCL so figured I'd call again and see if I could get someone helpful or not.

Thanks.

Yes I called, thanks but the first agent I called a couple of months ago was very unhelpful and really didn't know, thus when my questions started LOL

I took your advice and called again. I got an awsome agent, who put me on hold found out everything since she said she wanted to be versed in this too

and told me to unlink my ressies and use separate credit cards on board.

THANK YOU for asking about calling. I'm a Disney nut too and I know that we can get many answers for the same questions and thought the same

would be true for NCL so figured I'd call again and see if I could get someone helpful or not.

Thanks.

Here at work we call that answer averaging, ask 7 different people and go with the one that comes up the most and closely related. No one will say the exact same thing.

I dont think the UBP would make sense for us. It wouldve been great when we were in our 20s :) But just out of curiosity, if 2 people are in the same cabin, but they are using different credit cards to pay, then do they both not have to purchase? I understand the previous question was about 4 cabins/1 card. But I was just wondering how this would work for a single cabin? On our last cruise we had friends share a room. Each w/ their own credit card to pay. What if one wanted the Package and one didnt?

And, if they allow you to split this way, what stops husbands/wives/couples from just using 2 different credit cards and sharing drinks on 1 package??

I dont think the UBP would make sense for us. It wouldve been great when we were in our 20s :) But just out of curiosity, if 2 people are in the same cabin, but they are using different credit cards to pay, then do they both not have to purchase? I understand the previous question was about 4 cabins/1 card. But I was just wondering how this would work for a single cabin? On our last cruise we had friends share a room. Each w/ their own credit card to pay. What if one wanted the Package and one didnt?

And, if they allow you to split this way, what stops husbands/wives/couples from just using 2 different credit cards and sharing drinks on 1 package??

Hey easy now, no trying to find loop holes.

From my very long conversation today with someone at NCL that went and talked to a manager and was already pretty well versed on the subject, yes, everyone in the cabin.

Hey easy now, no trying to find loop holes.

LOL! I personally wouldnt do it! i'm just wondering b/c like I said, last group cruise there were a lot of friends sharing cabins. I could see some wanting the package and some not. We're going to do more group cruises in the future so I was just wondering how this works

Are the adult drink packages for a specific ship or is NCL wide? Going on the Breakaway the last week of August 2013 and this is my first time on NCL. Been on Disney 2 & RCCL 3 times

The package is now fleet wide except Pride of America.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Does anyone know how ordering the drinks actually work? Do they still have to run your card and have you sign the receipt, or do you have a sticker on your card like the soda package? I would love this package, if I could avoid having to wait to sign for the drinks.

Does anyone know how ordering the drinks actually work? Do they still have to run your card and have you sign the receipt, or do you have a sticker on your card like the soda package? I would love this package, if I could avoid having to wait to sign for the drinks.

You still need to give your card and sign. Unlike soda they have to keep the inventory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim