Guaranteed Shops / Diamonds International

• 1 month later...

I too had a terrible experience with Diamonds International. We bought an anniversary band in Sept not because it was a "bargain" but matched my ring beautifully. After 60 days, a diamond fell out. Our local jeweler found cracks in band, poor, loose prongs, overall poor workmanship!! Diamonds International customer service was an absolute disaster! Never ever again!!!!!!!!

When ever you read here about Diamonds International it's always negative and the most often comment is lack of customer service once your home.

BINGO!

Buy stuff from a retailer that you can deal with after the sale. Unless the purchase is of such low value, you would not need to deal with anyone in the future.

Rare that we ever buy something worth more than $40 on a cruise.

I bought a bracelet from them last year while in the Grand Caymans. I had great customer service reps while dealing with them & was able to talk them down some on the price of the bracelet. I have worn my bracelet everyday since last spring and no problems. Of course I haven't had it appraised or anything. Now I want to get it appraised and see what the "real" value is.

These postings made me really think though why do the cruise really push DI especially if they aren't willing to help after you get home. Very interesting and even though I have only had only bought once from them I will definitely be more aware of what I purchase next time. Thanks for all the heads up!

The Cruiselines will tout any outfit they get a better kickback from. If rabbit turds paid a good kickback we'd all be hearing about how scarce it is and how we're running out of rabbit turd supplies in the next 10 years rather than Tanzanite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very true and funny.

Buyer beware---

Bought ring from little Switzerland ... Lost stone and they replaced the whole ring without problems ... I was surprised when they took a new ring out of the case and handed it to me.

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would never trade my diamond in for one at a jewelers I did not know because I am not an expert on diamonds and some of the fake ones look really good these days. When I buy something in port it is because I like it and only buy what I can afford . I do not buy something because it may be worth more , could, appraise for more, or it's a bargain, or the cruise ship telling me to buy at that store.