Ben the Bendy Man's Gem-tastic Adventure Feb 23 - March 4, 2013

kylenyc

We had a great time with Ben, and will be posting some excursion pictures soon. He made friends on the islands and one of his clones came home to Nova Scotia and is playing daily with his new friends, Felix and Tigger.

Thanks for taking Ben with you on vacation! Love the pictures! Ben looks so happy playing video poker and congrats on more winnings! Ben likes to think he's a good luck but we all know you were our real lucky charm at the slot pull! :D

So good to hear from you patter44, Suzanne, xenagurl!

Maria! I was lurking your thread with Margaret and Steve this morning! It's definitely on my mind cuz well I think I'm a little "nutz" too. ;)

Thanks SMSACE6, russianmom, Moondawgie, NayRN! Ben adores his fans. It helps keep his indelible smile (that and with the occasional help of a black Sharpie for touch ups). :D

Hi to Kyle and Ben - We have missed you since our December cruise when you had your unfortuneate accident.

Toni and I are going on a 25 day TA and Baltic cruise in case Ben would like to go. You can email me at judith.hecht@comcast.net. Have you seen or heard from Sabrina or suzanne and barbara? Hope you are well.

Judi

Hi to Kyle and Ben - We have missed you since our December cruise when you had your unfortunate accident.

Toni and I are going on a 25 day TA and Baltic cruise in case Ben would like to go. You can email me at . Have you seen or heard from Sabrina or Suzanne and Barbara? Hope you are well.

Judi

Hi Judi! Great to hear from you. Yes, we keep in touch and I'll email you and send you their email addresses as well. Suzanne just left this weekend for a B2B cruise out of NOLA.

What a delightfully amusing and neatly-typed saga!

As my sister and I will not have the opportunity to meet Ben and his assistant on our cruise, we must content ourselves with reading about their adventures, and toasting (early and often) their steadfast determination to maintain a sense of humour in even the most humid of situations. :)

Just off the Gem 3/4 sailing as first time NCL cruisers. I must say that Maricel and Gianini are two of the best staff we've ever encountered in all of our 12 cruises. Maricel's upbeat personality early in the morn while making our cappuciono's and Gianini's consumate professionalism were fantastic. A credit to NCL they are. LOL, we also loved "Mango", server during the day at Bali Hai!

Totally agree I used to see her more at the other end of the day she was brill

Heheh. Ben looks so happy swimming in cash! If you look really close at the group photo, you can see a couple of us holding a Ben :p Ben ran off with Tanya & Kevin and they took some hilarious pics too. Stay tune! Oh and I ... umm ... I mean Ben was scared out of his wits afraid to get bit by the iguana while trying to tempt it closer!!

that photo with the iguana was a classic! Glad that you guys had a blast. Hope to sail with you again soon!

~ La Princesa

• 1 month later...

Ben just arrived in Reykjavik, Iceland on a new Breakaway European adventure. He still has some Gem pics but his butler has been busy with something called a 'day job' and making last minute travel arrangements. He's posting photos and blogging on FB so friend Ben if you'd like to follow his (mis)adventures as he slowly treks across Europe to meet the new Norwegian Breakaway. He'll try to start a live blog in CC in a few days as he nears Rotterdam.

P1000033x.jpg

Ben just arrived in Reykjavik, Iceland on a new Breakaway European adventure. He still has some Gem pics but his butler has been busy with something called a 'day job' and making last minute travel arrangements. He's posting photos and blogging on FB so friend Ben if you'd like to follow his (mis)adventures as he slowly treks across Europe to meet the new Norwegian Breakaway. He'll try to start a live blog in CC in a few days as he nears Rotterdam.

P1000033x.jpg

Awesome have fun

Suzanne

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Ben's busy cracking the whip on his photog to post all his Reykjavik pics before he leaves at 4 am in the morning... Don't want to fall behind! Next stop... Amsterdam. Getting closer to the Breakaway woohoo!

P.S. Yes, Ben uses advanced Cylon cloning technology to rejuvenate his shiny scuff-free complexion (aka order by the dozen from Amazon.com). He's also enjoys sleeping in hobbit holes.

Gearing up for a cruise, Coka? Haven't "seen" you in a while. :)

Hi Cubechick! I am in Florida right now as I type...not cruising but condo hunting...I head home Friday with the conclusion that I am too young for this lifestyle...heading back to cruising instead! Nothing planned for my future but have an excellent time on the Breakaway! I hope all of you have a great time...be sure to dance one for me!:D

Coka

Hi Cubechick! I am in Florida right now as I type...not cruising but condo hunting...I head home Friday with the conclusion that I am too young for this lifestyle...heading back to cruising instead! Nothing planned for my future but have an excellent time on the Breakaway! I hope all of you have a great time...be sure to dance one for me!:D

Coka

Coka cruising on Breakaway 9/8/13 Sean will be HD come along

Suzanne

What fun! So Ben did not fall in love with the Gem mermaid? Oh well...! I hope he has a great time on his next cruise! :DCoka

Ben did! His manservant has just been negligent posting photos. He'll remind him with a slap on the head when he reaches NYC aboard the Breakway. In the meantime hope you follow his current adventure.

Been in Amsterdam a couple of days and it's quite an experience. Hope to catch a couple of guided tours then leaving for Rotterdam and the Breakaway in the evening.

Archived