Last minute upgrade to D736 on Ruby!

mseldga

My family and I are sailing on the Ruby on Sunday and I just got a call asking us to trade our 1 balcony and 1 interior rooms for a Vista Suite on Dolphin deck, at no extra cost. It's D736. We're so excited!!

So, I've spent months now reading up on our rooms and now I have to find out all I can about D736 in 2 days!! Has anyone stayed in that suite? I'm off to read the threads on suite amenities. :D Can't believe the fairy found us!!

What a nice upgrade, Susan! We have stayed in that suite on sisters of the Ruby and had friends in that one on our 2011 transatlantic cruise. It is a great cabin - aft is our favorite. The link I'm posting here is to photos someone took of a Vista Suite on the Grand but yours should be just about identical.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seawitch_platinum/page1/

Enjoy it!

Thanks so much Ann! Those pictures are wonderful! I just happened to come home for lunch, which I rarely do, and was home to get the call from Princess. Can't wait until Sunday, especially now! See you in a few days-

Susan

I just happened to come home for lunch, which I rarely do, and was home to get the call from Princess.

Susan

Both Princess and my TA have my cell phone number as well as home, so I won't miss any calls like that!

Congrats on your fabulous upgrade.

That's fantastic news!

I was booked in a suite on emerald deck with my hubby and two teens. I just found out that I could save $1000 if I moved the kids to an interior cabin. Just called my TA and made the change. We have all the suite views and benefits, and now an extra bathroom!

Thanks so much for the pictures! And for the congratulations everyone. :) Melody, sending the kids to an interior sounds even better. ;) That is the only drawback to the suite -now our daughters will be in the same cabin and we'll all 4 have to share the bathroom and closet. We decided the suite perks, bathtub, and awesome balcony were worth it!

My family and I are sailing on the Ruby on Sunday and I just got a call asking us to trade our 1 balcony and 1 interior rooms for a Vista Suite on Dolphin deck, at no extra cost. It's D736. We're so excited!!

So, I've spent months now reading up on our rooms and now I have to find out all I can about D736 in 2 days!! Has anyone stayed in that suite? I'm off to read the threads on suite amenities. :D Can't believe the fairy found us!!

The crown is the sister ship to the Ruby ... .I found some photos for the Crown D736 ... what a great cabin ... the balcony is amazing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=11463944&postcount=8

You are trading two rooms correct? How many will be in the Vista Suite? It will be tight for four people.

If it were me, I would not worry about 4 people in a suite being tight. Again, that's just me. We lived on a sailboat for years in the Caribbean so we know about tight. I guess it depends on how close your family is and if one bathroom would work for you. I would take the suite any day over a balcony and an interior. Go for it!

Melody

Archived