Where to find a sloth?

TeacherMama2

I know that there is often someone with a sloth at La Popa Monastery. Does anyone know if we can find a sloth in Old Town or Castillo San Felipe? We don't really want to go to La Popa, but my daughter has dreamed of holding a sloth since she was really little, so we might have to make that side trip if we can't find a sloth somewhere else! Hopefully one of you knows of some other sloth opportunity. :D

We took the tour with Dora and she was able to find a sloth for my wife to hold.

The police are cracking down on this and the first two places she took us (LaPopa was one and I don’t remember the other) they had run out the ‘hold-a-sloth’ vendors, so she took us to a third place and I don’t remember the name.

It was close to the Hotel Caribe and the beach and we were lucky enough to find ‘Paquino’ the sloth.

Perhaps you could contact Dora and she could advise.

Best of luck!

20121216135003(1).jpg

this practice is being slowly eliminated. most sloths are ripped from their existence in the jungle and live horrible lives so that tourists can hold one for a second. theyre usually not well taken care of and live in deplorable conditions.

depending on what ports you are stopping at, look into wildlife sanctuaries and rescues. many of them care for sloths and you can see them without supporting the abuse of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived