St. John Trunk Bay

lbfluffy

Our ship says we arrive in St. Thomas at 7 a.m. Is that really 8 a.m their time. Also what time would be best to leave from Trunk Bay so we get to our ship on time. We depart at 6pm, which I think is 7 p.m their time. Am I correct? At first we were considering doing Godfrey, but now I here great things about Trunk Bay. Is this really worthwhile, or should we stick with Godfrey. Thanks.

We did the ship's excursion to Trunk Bay in January. It was an excellent adventure. A smaller boat tied up right next to us at the dock in St. Thomas and took us directly to St. John, with a narrative tour along the way. Tour vans were waiting for us in St. John and gave us another narrated trip to Trunk Bay, with a photo stop along the way. We had a couple hours at Trunk Bay. The return boat trip to St. Thomas included music and a rum drinking contest. You can do this trip on your own: taxi from ship to ferry, ferry to St. John, taxi to Trunk Bay. Reverse to come back. If you can make the right ferry and taxi connections, at a good price, you will save a few dollars. For us, it just seemed easier to use the ship's excursion.

Thanks for the input. I like the ship's excursion, but I want to stay longer at Trunk Bat. It looks like with the ship's excursion you only get an 1 1/2 at Trunk Bay. We are going on the Carnival Liberty. I'll have to decide what to do as I get closer.

Archived