Boatyard

YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

I want some information on the Boatyard if somebody is willing to help. I checked out their website is is informative, but I wasn't completely clear on everything available.

* Are there multiple prices you can pay to get in? What are they?

* Those prices offer different things, correct?

* The ropeswing and other water toys, are those more designed for children or adults because I'm 25 and sadly, that stuff is right up my alley. lol

*What else is included in admission and are there watersports included in admission, or even available at all? What kinds?

* I hear a lot about snorkeling not just here, but all over the caribbean, do people bring their own snorkel equipment, rent them on the ship, rent them at the beaches or what?

Thanks in advance!

SO i haven't actually been there, but have done some research, so this may not all be correct..

I want some information on the Boatyard if somebody is willing to help. I checked out their website is is informative, but I wasn't completely clear on everything available.

* Are there multiple prices you can pay to get in?

What are they? flat price of $15 (or is it $20?!)

A drink, a chair & return transport to the ship.

As well as water activites

* The ropeswing and other water toys, are those more designed for children or adults because I'm 25 and sadly, that stuff is right up my alley. lol

It looks to be open for all - I'd certainly be using them!

*What else is included in admission and are there watersports included in admission, or even available at all? What kinds?

MMM.. as above?

* I hear a lot about snorkeling not just here, but all over the caribbean, do people bring their own snorkel equipment, rent them on the ship, rent them at the beaches or what?

Some beaches have huts where you can rent them. Some people bring their own as it ends up being cheaper than renting them at each port / beach.

Thanks in advance!

There are other travel sites with forums much more active with port related queries - may be worth a search.

Hope you have fun!

While I don't have the specific answers you're looking for, the Boatyard was recommended to us by a friend. We are looking for a place to hang out for the day, so I asked a friend who recently moved back to Canada after living in the Barbados for a few years. He said he, his wife, and little girl always had a great time there. I would like to hear some input from others too.

I picked up my own snorkel set at Costco for $40. The thoughts of putting my mouth on a used snorkel, and a mask that has been spit in, kinda squeaked me out a little. I know, they are cleaned, but with noro and everything else, I don't want to take the chance.

* Are there multiple prices you can pay to get in? What are they?

Thanks in advance!

After reading what CC's had to say, I g**gled Boatyard Barbados and read what others had to say. I then texted my husband to say this is what we are doing in Barbados when we get off the ship next February. $3 taxi from the port...$12 chair/umbrella, rum punch, use of their facilities (motorized extra), no vendors bothering you, food, bathrooms, and a free taxi back to the port at 15 minute intervals after 1:00pm. A perfect day at the beach...

Their website has alot of information.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to The Boatyard 2 weeks ago. What a great day! Took a taxi there...don't remember the cost, but it was cheap-maybe $10-$15 for both of us. The cost per person for The Boatyard was either $12 or $15-I forget. If you don't want a complimentary rum punch you can get a beer. They provide transport back to the ship, chairs, umbrellas in your admission fee. They also have a great bar and restaurant-not complimentary. Sand is powdery white, water is crystal clear. Lots of water toys to rent. They have a water trampoline and water swing to use. There are the jewelry/coconut bird peddlars on the beach, but after a few times of a polite but firm no thank-you, we were no longer bothered. If we get back to Barbados, we will be here. Get there a wee bit early-they ran out of beach chairs (still had umbrellas and regular chairs) by around 11. However, they started transportation back to the ships around 12-12:30 and chairs were again readily available. Enjoy!:)

:DThe Boatyard ROCKS....we were there just over two weeks ago.

1. Arrived at 9:30 a.m...perfect time...there was a line of people behind us. $15.00pp 2 chairs with pads, umbrella and 2 drink tickets...the drinks were yummy. The price of getting in also gives you a free ride back to the ship.

2.The rop swing is a blast...Both husband and I are 43 and had a darn great time. This was our second trip to the boatyard.

3.Snorkeling...with your back to the water...pier on your left..facing the bar...walk to your right about 200 yards....there you will see another beach bar. Walk past it about 50 more yards. Face the water..you will see many boats. This is one spot where you can swim with the turtles to your left ...swim about 20 yards and you will see a sunken ship. There are many tour guides on the beach willing to take you out for an hour for $20.00 pp as well.

4.Be sure to look at the happy hour specials...2:00pm-3:00pm was by one drink and get one free...we paid $9.00 for 4 really good pirate rum punches. They were maid right in front of us. Free pour style.

Angela

HI All..we will be going to the Boatyard in about 2 weeks...arriving on the Equinox...we are a group of 10...do they have any taxi's or shuttle busses that go to the Boatyard from the pier that could accomodate a group, or would we have to just go in separate taxi's...thanks for any info anyone can provide

:DThe Boatyard ROCKS....we were there just over two weeks ago.

1. Arrived at 9:30 a.m...perfect time...there was a line of people behind us. $15.00pp 2 chairs with pads, umbrella and 2 drink tickets...the drinks were yummy. The price of getting in also gives you a free ride back to the ship.

2.The rop swing is a blast...Both husband and I are 43 and had a darn great time. This was our second trip to the boatyard.

3.Snorkeling...with your back to the water...pier on your left..facing the bar...walk to your right about 200 yards....there you will see another beach bar. Walk past it about 50 more yards. Face the water..you will see many boats. This is one spot where you can swim with the turtles to your left ...swim about 20 yards and you will see a sunken ship. There are many tour guides on the beach willing to take you out for an hour for $20.00 pp as well.

4.Be sure to look at the happy hour specials...2:00pm-3:00pm was by one drink and get one free...we paid $9.00 for 4 really good pirate rum punches. They were maid right in front of us. Free pour style.

Angela

That was great info and answered about everything I was looking for. Thanks!

That was great info and answered about everything I was looking for. Thanks!

I missed your question about snorkel gear. I always travel with my own. I have a one way air flow J tube. This way I'm not drinking the ocean when i dive underwater. Most excursions provide a regular J tube..

Angela

Worst part was getting the taxi. We were the only ship in and not a lot of people were going so we had to wait while they filled the taxi. It was so hot and no AC. A couple of people got really angry about the wait. It was upwards of 10 minutes at 9:30 am. Filling included the fold down seats as well.

• 3 weeks later...

We had an awesome time at the Boatyard!! It was one of our favourite beaches. We used the jet skis and went way out,no trouble. Good food and drinks. Even the ship staff frequent the Boatyard, as we talked to a few of them on the beach as well.

Lobster-412.jpg

That's the Hilton out on the point, at the far end of the bay.

Is the boatyard part of Carlisle Bay??
Yes, the Boatyard is on Carlisle Bay

as is Lobster Alive, Harbour Lights and a few other beachside spots

SO i haven't actually been there, but have done some research, so this may not all be correct..

There are other travel sites with forums much more active with port related queries - may be worth a search.

Hope you have fun!

The port calls are kinda quiet here! Can you tell me which sites have better ports of call forums? I have some questions abt St. Martin etc that have not been answered!

The port calls are kinda quiet here! Can you tell me which sites have better ports of call forums? I have some questions abt St. Martin etc that have not been answered!

Often the cruise line board (eg Celebrity) is more helpful, especialyl if you state that you have tried these boards but have not received an answer. Otherwise, head over to Trip Advisor, i believe it's CC's sister site..

Have fun!

• 1 month later...

We are planning on going to the Boatyard while in Barbados (just 9 days away!). My question is this: Can you come and go from the Boatyard? Do they give you wristbands or stamp your hands? Since the ship is so close, we want to eat lunch on the ship (it's already paid for, of course), so that we can save money. So I'd like to leave the Boatyard, eat on the ship, and go back to Boatyard. Anyone know?

We are planning on going to the Boatyard while in Barbados (just 9 days away!). My question is this: Can you come and go from the Boatyard? Do they give you wristbands or stamp your hands? Since the ship is so close, we want to eat lunch on the ship (it's already paid for, of course), so that we can save money. So I'd like to leave the Boatyard, eat on the ship, and go back to Boatyard. Anyone know?

You get wristbands. You can come and go as you please.

The ship is not so close that it would be convenient to go back for lunch.

LuLu

~~~~