Boston hotels and travel time to airport?

Tybro

Cruising out of Boston on 31 May. Looking for hotel recommendations.

Can anyone confirm how long it takes to get to the airport from the ship? Internet says 10 minutes, but I'd like to hear from someone who has done it. Wanting to take an 11am flight.

Thanks

Cruising out of Boston on 31 May. Looking for hotel recommendations.

Can anyone confirm how long it takes to get to the airport from the ship? Internet says 10 minutes, but I'd like to hear from someone who has done it. Wanting to take an 11am flight.

Thanks

I always double the time estimated, so 20 minutes tops. Unless you have trouble clearing the ship because of the new customs issues with sequestration, you should be fine.

Hotel recommendations are tough. It really depends on where you want to be in Boston and how much you are willing to spend. I like the Marriott Long Wharf because of it's location. There are lots of hotels near Faneuil Hall which is near a lot of the historic sites. If you want to be near the port, there are really only two- the Seaport Hotel and the Westin Waterfront. Those rates vary on whether there is a convention happening at the Convention Center. Many of the airport hotels are in the opposite direction from the cruise terminal, so although they may have hotel shuttles, the cab ride from the hotel to the cruise terminal will cost you more than the downtown hotels. I know that this probably brings up more questions than it answers!

There is a 4* hotel on Hotwire for $158 in the Quincy Market/Financial District which could be the Omni Parker House. On mybowlingvacation.com the Westin Waterfront is $165 (4* as well). The Westin is a few blocks from the port and is easily accessible from the airport by the Silver Line. The Omni is near the Boston Common and within walking distance of Quincy Market.

Both are great deals. If you're serious about booking a room, make a decision and do it now.

Thanks for the response. I'm getting there around 9pm the night before the cruise and don't have much interest in doing anything in Boston. Will probably stay at or near the hotel, have dinner and some drinks and off to bed, so just looking for a good recommendation to stay convenient to the ship

Go on mybowlingvacation.com and book the Westin Waterfront for $165. That's a great price. This is the closest hotel to both Logan and the pier. You will spend about $20 for a cab from Logan to the hotel and under $10 for a cab to the port. It combines both convenience and a super price.

Archived