Dropping off luggage

I know that I asked a similiar question before but we just called RC and got a different answer...We are leaving out of San Juan and our ship doesn't leave until 8:30 but we have to be out of our hotel by 11:00. We called RC and asked how soon we could "drop off" our luggage even though we didn't want to board the ship till around 4:00. They told us that we were not allowed to leave our luggage at the port...we had to check in when we drop off our luggage. Has anyone else heard of this?

I know that I asked a similiar question before but we just called RC and got a different answer...We are leaving out of San Juan and our ship doesn't leave until 8:30 but we have to be out of our hotel by 11:00. We called RC and asked how soon we could "drop off" our luggage even though we didn't want to board the ship till around 4:00. They told us that we were not allowed to leave our luggage at the port...we had to check in when we drop off our luggage. Has anyone else heard of this?

We were able to wait in line, check our luggage, take off and enjoy San Juan, then get back in line and board the ship before all aboard. we cut it kind of close, but were OK. They technically might not want you to do this, but it is very doable.We were a party of 6, and only 3 of us (one from each room) were in line, while 3 of us were in a rental car.

Here is my understanding of the situation. I have never embarked from San Juan, but have from various other ports.

You should be able to check in your bags, go through check in yourselves, get your photo taken for your SeaPass, and then ding out and go back out into town. You must be back on board at the same time as everyone else, though, 90 minutes before departure. But when you return, you bypass the check-in area, go straight to the ship and ding in.

Last year we took of from SJU at 8:30 PM,We flight in from FLL arrived at 11:30 at the ship,by 12:00 we took some food in Windjammer,and than we took a taxi to old San Juan and we are back on the boat at 5PM

Enjoy your Trip

Herb:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We like to request a late check out at our hotel and spend several hours sightseeing in Old San Juan before we head for the ship.

But even if you can't get a late check out, your hotel should be willing to lock up your luggage until you are ready to pick it up.

There is also a restaurant in Old San Juan, Barrachina that will store luggage for cruise passengers so you only need to make one trip out to the ship.

If your ship is departing from the Pan American Cruise Terminal across the water, it is not worth traveling all the way out there just to drop off your luggage if you plan to head right back to Old San Juan.

Doing that would require wasting your time to make two extra, unnecessary trips back and forth when you could be spending that time sightseeing instead.

Archived