Cost of high speed Venive-Rome train

ConnieInNewJersey

I will be ending my cruise on a Friday in October. What is the cost to take the high speed train from Venice to Rome? Is there an Englisgh language link you can provide so I may look it up?

Hi Connie,

Below is the link to the Trenitalia website:

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD

The high speed train (Frecciargento) from VCE to Rome takes from just a little over 3 hours to 3 hours, 40 mins (depending on which departure time you book). :)

Prices (one way) range from 39 EUR to 49 EUR.

jill

You can just go to trenitalia.com. On the top right hand corner, you'll see a British flag - click on it. As you navigate the site, every once in awhile you'll run into something Italian only - don't worry, you can Back out...

The pricing for October hasn't been loaded yet, it seems. I did a sample of pricing for the first week in June (the latest date with pricing loaded). The economy (no refund, change for a fee) second class price is 49EU for the high speed (takes 3:40 for the trip). The base (changes, refunds) second class price is 80EU. First class economy is 80EU, base first class is 109EU.

This should give you a good estimation of the prices. I've booked online with trenitalia.com in the past - it's pretty easy.

Keep in mind that it appears that sorta like Southwest they sometimes have real deals available expecially when the fares are first announced. When the dates for our travel opened up, the super economy 2nd class fares were 19 euros...by the time I got confirmation from my traveling companions of which times worked a day or two later, those fares had increased to 39 euros. Still reasonable for a reserved seat on a fast train but would have been nice for the four of us to have the extra 80 euros to spend on the ship!

Keep in mind that it appears that sorta like Southwest they sometimes have real deals available expecially when the fares are first announced. When the dates for our travel opened up, the super economy 2nd class fares were 19 euros...by the time I got confirmation from my traveling companions of which times worked a day or two later, those fares had increased to 39 euros. Still reasonable for a reserved seat on a fast train but would have been nice for the four of us to have the extra 80 euros to spend on the ship!

Excellent point!!

Archived