obstructed balcony on Lido Deck on Royal Princess

tobecool

We have L104 for the 10 day repo.We had the same cabin last March and also have it on the transatlantic next April.Obviously we like the location and massive balcony.

I have read reports that you can use the balcony all the time. Is that still true?

We are so excited to have L104 on our 20 day Caribbean cruise in March!! As a photographer, I can't wait to stand on that balcony and photograph the beautiful water colors. I just can't get enough of the Caribbean Sea. We have only 6 sea days out of 20. It's going to be so much fun!!!

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

We have L104 for the 10 day repo.We had the same cabin last March and also have it on the transatlantic next April.Obviously we like the location and massive balcony.

If you have not been on the roll call, check the pricing and there is now 200 OBC offered by Princess for all cabins. :)

Edited by janetz

If you have not been on the roll call, check the pricing and there is now 200 OBC offered by Princess for all cabins. :)

I checked this morning and since that class is waitlisted there was no further reduction in price.We already have $500 in SBC so it would not work anyway as we may lose some of that amount.We did get a reduction on our Caribbean Princess cruise on 11/6.

Edited by johnmik1

I have read reports that you can use the balcony all the time. Is that still true?

The slider is never locked by Princess but the balcony light is disconnected and if you use the balcony at night,all lights must be turned off or the drapes closed.I asked the Captain about this and he said that the light reflects into the bridge and can distract the navigational crew.

I checked this morning and since that class is waitlisted there was no further reduction in price.We already have $500 in SBC so it would not work anyway as we may lose some of that amount.We did get a reduction on our Caribbean Princess cruise on 11/6.

You only see 100 offered when you go to pick a cabin. Then at the bottom of the

pricing you will see 200. I would give a call. Our friends had 100 from Princess already and when Princess added that OBC to the mix they recieved another 200. Can't hurt to try. :)

Edited by janetz

You only see 100 offered when you go to pick a cabin. Then at the bottom of the

pricing you will see 200. I would give a call. Our friends had 100 from Princess already and when Princess added that OBC to the mix they recieved another 200. Can't hurt to try. :)

We already had that added but were trying for a lower price.

The slider is never locked by Princess but the balcony light is disconnected and if you use the balcony at night,all lights must be turned off or the drapes closed.I asked the Captain about this and he said that the light reflects into the bridge and can distract the navigational crew.

Thanks for that updated info. Would be a nice location for seeing the ocean ahead of you.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone been in a BZ balcony cabin obstructed view on Lido or Marina Deck on the new Regal or Royal Princess ?

Not the Larger DZ front facing cabins....

If you have any pictures that show the obstruction could you post them or reply that you have them and I'll post an email to send them to.

Thanks

Hoping to find someone

Has anyone been in a BZ balcony cabin obstructed view on Lido or Marina Deck on the new Regal or Royal Princess ?

If you have any pictures that show the obstruction could you post them or reply that you have them and I'll post an email to send them to.

Thanks

Hoping to find someone

In the picture below (click on it to make it larger) you can see on the Lido deck where there is a solid white section on the balcony. To the left of that are two cabins with glass instead. Those are BZ cabins.

904086693_Royalpict.jpg.861dbad44620cb93f74b8da395da2f4c.jpg

Thanks

Hoping to find someone

Hi - we sailed the Royal in M119 - there is no obstruction - it was to be a solid balcony, but a design change made it and its neighbour forward glass instead - IMO these are some of the best bargains to be found.

• 1 year later...
Do not believe any post from those that have not sailed in one of these cabins. We spent a month in L 106 on the Royal's maiden Trans Atlantic. These are the best cabins on the ship. They can be so quiet while underway you find yourself whispering on the balcony. Those that claim the balcony doors are locked by Princess are completely ignorant of the true facts. You determine your balcony door openings. The forward view is incredible in ports. The nighttime views in moonlight are beyond description. The Royal and Regal forward cabins are unique on the Princess fleet. Pay no attention to those that try to tell you what they are like unless they have actually sailed in them. For whatever reasons people claim to know what these cabins are like when they do not know what they are talkin about. Book them. In addition these balconies are huge, as wide as the cabin. Ours could easily have held 12-16 people.

QUESTION;

I read this great info about the front cabins.....we have booked M105. Do you have any idea if this cabin has a view? I see a lot on here posted about Lido deck forward cabins but not any on Marina Deck. I noticed someone posted a frontal pic of the ship in dock. Then my mind went to can we see just the top of the captain's bridge on Marina. I need someone to let me know if they can because I can change cabins today before the other option is taken and gone. PLS...email me : May not be able to find this thread again....dah. hhhaaha. Email: artgal2 at aol dot com. Thank you for you help, pictures and info. My concern is Marina is lower than Lido and I may have chose the wrong deck. Thank you. :)

Do not believe any post from those that have not sailed in one of these cabins. We spent a month in L 106 on the Royal's maiden Trans Atlantic. These are the best cabins on the ship. They can be so quiet while underway you find yourself whispering on the balcony. Those that claim the balcony doors are locked by Princess are completely ignorant of the true facts. You determine your balcony door openings. The forward view is incredible in ports. The nighttime views in moonlight are beyond description. The Royal and Regal forward cabins are unique on the Princess fleet. Pay no attention to those that try to tell you what they are like unless they have actually sailed in them. For whatever reasons people claim to know what these cabins are like when they do not know what they are talking about. Book them. In addition these balconies are huge, as wide as the cabin. Ours could easily have held 12-16 people.

GREAT INFO: QUESTION PLS

We chose the Marina L105 and it looks like it looks right into the Captain's Bridge. Is the view as good on Marina as on Lido? I believe I may have choose the wrong deck. Can you tell me? Concerned. Thank you.

Email: artgal2 at aol dot com So appreciated if you could relieve my mind on this.

Confused .....:confused:

That is correct , only in port ! Bob

LOVE THE INFO AND PICS OF FRONT CABINS. They are great and helpful.

I hope Marina Deck is as good as Lido. Or my choice is bad....M105.

Wanted you to know how appreciative I am you posted these pictures. :)

Thank you again.

LOVE THE INFO AND PICS OF FRONT CABINS. They are great and helpful.

I hope Marina Deck is as good as Lido. Or my choice is bad....M105.

Wanted you to know how appreciative I am you posted these pictures. :)

Thank you again.

Marina deck is just as awesome as lido when it comes to the front of the ship. Both offer great views. We have experienced both