Booked! Now questions about transfers.

Mariketa

I booked for a long way out, November of 2014 (Fantasy out of Port Canaveral), I probably shouldn't even be asking questions for another year at least, lol.

I paid for the DCL transfers, but I'm thinking we might come in a night early and stay at one of the hotels. I really don't like coming in on a flight the same day that the ship leaves, it alleviates some stress, you know?

Anyhow, I guess I have two questions. If you've come in early and stayed in a hotel, where did you stay? I was thinking a Disney hotel, kind of to build the excitement for the kids.

Second, as far as the transfers, I'd have to go from the hotel to the airport and catch the transfer from the airport, correct?

Thank you!

If you stay at Disney the night before its really easy to do.

Disney will pick up your luggage at OIA and deliver it to your hotel room. It can take a couple of hours to arrive, so keep in mind what is in your carry on.

Plus you will take the Magical Exress for free from the airport to your hotel on property.

The next day you can use Disney cruiseline bus transfers to take you to the ship and back to the airport. They take care of your luggage both ways too.

We have done this 2 times while living in Oregon. It really takes the stress out of the vacation.

Just book it that way and they do all the work and you have all the fun!!

Kathy

You have a few options especially if staying at a Disney resort. If you stay on Disney property, you can purchase the DCL transfers and they will pick you up at your resort. Easy Peasy. A few downsides to this though are late arrival at the port (typically 1 p.m. or later), and cost of transfers if you have a larger party. You could also book town car service, which will give you better control of your port arrival, and again depending on the size of your party better bang for your buck. The last option would be to book a rental car (you can do two one-way rentals for both to and from the port...although depending on rates and the length of your cruise, it could easier just to do a straight rental to/from MCO and park the car on your own).

Now, having said all that, there is also the option of staying at a hotel near the port which of course will not give you the Disney build-up the day before but is incredibly convenient and allows you to have little travel time on the day of your cruise. If you do this, your options to the port are limited to a town car service or rental car. If you are flying home the same day your cruise returns, then you have the same options as above...transfers, town car, or rental car.

Oh, one option I did forget is the Hyatt MCO. If you stay there, they have DCL transfer service which will get you to the port earlier than the transfers from Disney's own resorts. Go figure!

Okay, thanks so much for all of this feedback! Since I've already purchased the DCL transfers for the 4 of us, I think I'll just look at staying at a Disney hotel and take the airport shuttle to the hotel. I'd need to come in to Orlando airport then.

Thank you!!

You have a few options especially if staying at a Disney resort. If you stay on Disney property, you can purchase the DCL transfers and they will pick you up at your resort. Easy Peasy. A few downsides to this though are late arrival at the port (typically 1 p.m. or later), and cost of transfers if you have a larger party. You could also book town car service, which will give you better control of your port arrival, and again depending on the size of your party better bang for your buck. The last option would be to book a rental car (you can do two one-way rentals for both to and from the port...although depending on rates and the length of your cruise, it could easier just to do a straight rental to/from MCO and park the car on your own).

Now, having said all that, there is also the option of staying at a hotel near the port which of course will not give you the Disney build-up the day before but is incredibly convenient and allows you to have little travel time on the day of your cruise. If you do this, your options to the port are limited to a town car service or rental car. If you are flying home the same day your cruise returns, then you have the same options as above...transfers, town car, or rental car.

Oh, one option I did forget is the Hyatt MCO. If you stay there, they have DCL transfer service which will get you to the port earlier than the transfers from Disney's own resorts. Go figure!

I've inquired about staying at a Hampton Inn at MCO airport and using the Disney Transfers. And was told it can be done, just have to get a Hampton shuttle back to the airport for the Disney shuttle. My question is if I do this will I still have a late arrival at the port?

Okay, thanks so much for all of this feedback! Since I've already purchased the DCL transfers for the 4 of us, I think I'll just look at staying at a Disney hotel and take the airport shuttle to the hotel. I'd need to come in to Orlando airport then.

Thank you!!

You must fly into MCO Orlando to use the free Magical Express shuttle to your resort.

If arriving late the day before, it might be worth staying at the MCO Hyatt. They have a pool. AAA gave us a free breakfast at the hotel. Then head down to the Magical Express counter around 845am. Very easy!

You must fly into MCO Orlando to use the free Magical Express shuttle to your resort.

If arriving late the day before, it might be worth staying at the MCO Hyatt. They have a pool. AAA gave us a free breakfast at the hotel. Then head down to the Magical Express counter around 845am. Very easy!

If you stay at this MCO Hyatt the night before the cruise, you can get the magical express to a resort in the morning, not a ride to the port, right? There is no "magical express" for cruises?

If you stay at this MCO Hyatt the night before the cruise, you can get the magical express to a resort in the morning, not a ride to the port, right? There is no "magical express" for cruises?

Magical Express to resorts is free.

Transfers from MCO to port is 35$ per person each way.

The check in desk is in the same spot in the terminal.

Sweet. I've been looking for a deal on that hotel for August and everything is either $188 or $219. I was thinking that I'd sette for anything even just an included breakfast if I could find one.

Thanks.

Magical Express to resorts is free.

Transfers from MCO to port is 35$ per person each way.

The check in desk is in the same spot in the terminal.

But you can take the magical express right from that hotel to a Disney Resort?

It's a shame they don't do Magical Express for cruises, I dont know why I thought they would. $70 pp seems pretty steep. That's for children too?

First time on the Dream we were staying at the Disney Beach Club Villas and took the ME from the resort to the Port. Although it was relatively painless (just show up and they do everything for you) you do have to wait until around lunch time before the motor coach will leave. This puts you into the port around 1pm and likely only on the ship by 2pm. For us, we wanted to enjoy the ship a little bit more and were ever so slightly disappointed about the delay.

The second time we were on the Fantasy and I decided we were going to take a car service from the airport to the port. We landed the same day as the ship leaves (yeah it was risky, but the flight was overnight from where we were and landed very early in the am at MCO) and took a stretch limo to the port for the 4 of us. The kids went bonkers when they saw it.

The second time we were on the Fantasy and I decided we were going to take a car service from the airport to the port. We landed the same day as the ship leaves (yeah it was risky, but the flight was overnight from where we were and landed very early in the am at MCO) and took a stretch limo to the port for the 4 of us. The kids went bonkers when they saw it.

I like to be on the ship as early as possible too. Especially for these shorter cruises. About how much was the limo if you dont mind me asking? Thanks!

I got it for $188 plus tip for one-way. But I think now there is a $3.00 Port entry fee for all vehicles so they may pass that on to you. It's a great way to start a vacation.

If you book it return obviously it becomes cheaper, but I felt it was easier just to grab the ME to the airport upon our return. Also, since using the limo, we literally were there early enough to snag boarding car #3 which is right behind Concierge and Platinuim CC members. We were eating in Cabanas by 11:30am.

Thanks for the info!

I'm having sticker shock at the price of transfers for cruising out of Port Canaveral.

We've cruised out of FLL - cab ride

Out of MIA - cab ride

NYC - bus w/ the family and driven ourselves or took train up.

$200 for a 1 way ride to the port for 3 people (1 who is only 3yo) just seems astronomical to me!! Whether is via private car or ME. I just didnt realize the price. That adds another $400 to our trip. I naively thought ME did cruise port runs from the airport too like when you stay at a Disney resort. :o

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Port Canaveral and they have a stay, snooze and cruise package. Great deal, very reasonable in cost! It's going to cost us a total of $300 for 4 of us to stay in a double room over night, right on the beach! They arrange a shuttle service for you included the cost, using Travelynx Shuttle. We arrived in the day before cruising, the hotel was in a very convenient location, in walking distance to Ron Jons Surf Shop, lots of other restaurants and the BEACH! Our family enjoyed time on the beach and was set up for shuttle at 10am the next morning, at port a few minutes later. We are cruising DCL in January 2014 and have already booked this hotel. DCL transfers are too high in price, $70/pp is crazy when you can get a hotel and transfers for cheaper. Hampton Inn also provides a very nice hot breakfast!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Port Canaveral and they have a stay, snooze and cruise package. Great deal, very reasonable in cost! It's going to cost us a total of $300 for 4 of us to stay in a double room over night, right on the beach! They arrange a shuttle service for you included the cost, using Travelynx Shuttle. We arrived in the day before cruising, the hotel was in a very convenient location, in walking distance to Ron Jons Surf Shop, lots of other restaurants and the BEACH! Our family enjoyed time on the beach and was set up for shuttle at 10am the next morning, at port a few minutes later. We are cruising DCL in January 2014 and have already booked this hotel. DCL transfers are too high in price, $70/pp is crazy when you can get a hotel and transfers for cheaper. Hampton Inn also provides a very nice hot breakfast!

Thank you!! Very good to know!!! :)

Archived