Delta deals..!!

stlrboo

Just booked Delta from Buffalo, NY (BUF) to FLL for April 2006.. We usually book from Erie, PA as that is a 1/2 hour drive, but got really great flight times, one connection in Atlanta, and on to FLL + were able to get the one connection on the return flight, with an arrival of 730 PM vs. 1030 PM if we returned to Erie. The Erie flight had a connection in Atlanta and then in Cincinnati! :)

Just a 'heads up' to look at nearby airports, and you may be able to save some $$$!

Our fares from BUF are $216.80 round-trip vs $257. from Erie with much better departure and arrival times.. Hope this may help someone in the same situation.. :D

As long as Delta doesn't go 'belly-up', we are in... :p

ps: We flew Delta for the first time on our recent trip in April, and were extremely happy with the service, connections, reservations, airport check-in and staff.. a GREAT experience.. :)

A word of caution. I am also booked on Delta out of Buffalo to Melbourne FL via Atlanta for October. So far, they've changed the planes as well as my seat assignments for all the flights. Keep an eye on your reservation because they make changes and don't always contact you to let you know. I found out about my changes by accident.

Beth

Also note that since your reservation is still so far out (my math tells me 10 months away) that it is almost CERTAIN that your flight times will change - keep a close eye on them - if the times change significantly, your time advantage my evaporate over using your home airport; you may even be able to talk the airline into letting you fly out of your home airport for no change in fees.

You do bring up a good point for the Cruisecritics looking for a deal - try nearby airports away from home.

-bb123

I believe Delta's current change fees are $50. which would put me over the savings I will reap, but if Delta changes any flight more than 90 minutes, its FREE and I could possibly change to my home airport at no cost! :)

Delta canceled my departing flight this past April, but it was just under the 90 minute limit.. I could see why, as the second flight from Erie was only 3/4 full.. Connections went like clockwork though, so I was still happy..

And yes, I will keep checking, as I know they change flights and seats quite often.. ;)

So now I have to worry about my flight connecting with delta.. what a bunch of crap.. I have paper tickets and if my flights changes they better not charge me again for a paper ticket or I will not be a happy camper!!!!

So now I have to worry about my flight connecting with delta.. what a bunch of crap.. I have paper tickets and if my flights changes they better not charge me again for a paper ticket or I will not be a happy camper!!!!

Its almost a given, booking this far in advance that your flight time will change. Not a matter of if, but how many times. Its just not Delta almost all the major airlines do it. My united flight to hawaii has changed 3 times.

I also booked with Delta for next April. Flying from SYRacuse to PBI (West Palm Beach) at $218 per person round trip with great flight times and a layover at ATL both ways for about 1 hour. I checked flying into MIA, FLL and PBI. PBI was the best flight times and the cheapest for the dates we are looking at.I know its so far away but to have flights booked makes it so much easier to plan the rest.

As people start booking for spring break next year the prices are going to go up. It is really hard to get cheap flights out of SYR. I grabbed them while I could.

COngrats to anyone getting good airfare...

Lori

I just checked using bookingbuddy.com and the Delta flight from San Diego to Miami is still way too high as compare to American Airlines.

Delta 542.00 round trip pp

AA 416.00 round trip pp

United 412.00 round trip pp

Irishnewfie:

They won't charge you any fees to change your tickets especially if they are responsible for the time change! The only pain will be that you (may) have to mail in the tickets or head to the nearest ticket counter (Toronto or Ottawa are probably the closest to you - I don't know where you are in Ontario) where they will reissue you your tickets (for free).

Edited to add: you do not need to mail in your tickets every time there is a schedule change. The reservations computer will have your correct schedule and flights - however you will need your tickets to be reissued before you fly - I would imagine you could almost do it the day of the flight, but whenever you contact Delta for the inevitable schedule change, ask them their policy - if they have a deadline for the tickets to be reissued.

Enjoy your cruise

-bb123

Well I did verify and my flights have changed.. but those flights are leaving from Miami rtn I hope I will not have a problem changing them there.. or maybe I can change them when we board in Ottawa... and the prices have gone way up .. I purchased 2 tickets rtn 450pp and they are now 550pp or more..

I just checked using bookingbuddy.com and the Delta flight from San Diego to Miami is still way too high as compare to American Airlines.

Delta 542.00 round trip pp

AA 416.00 round trip pp

United 412.00 round trip pp

I'd guess its a case of 'supply and demand', and SD/Mia may not be a biggie for Delta, or they just don't have many flights from there. Delta has everyone beat on the East coast.. JetBlue, Song, United, etc... US Airways, Northwest and United were almost double what Delta is charging..

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Delta doesn't go 'belly-up' from charging too little.. :D

$216. RT from BUF to FLL with a 1 hour connection in ATL, and good flight times ain't bad for April :p

Archived