Hotels

Cat54

We are taking a cruise out of Seward on 6/6/14. I am in the process of gathering information for the land portion.

Currently we have decided to stay 2 nights in Talkeetna, 2 nights in Healy and 2 night in Seward. The nights in Talkeetna will depend on when we arrive in Anchorage. We might have to fine turn our plans.

I was surprised when I emailed several hotels and B&B's for information. They have all said that they are already taking reservations for the 2014 season.:eek: Is this usual for Alaska? I was hoping to hold off making any reservations until I had airfare secured. I can't book airfare until 320 days out.

Talkeetna is not really a 2 night stay location, unless you have some very extensive, special plans. Hopefully you are, at least spending some time seeing Anchorage, may offer a better use of time. Or add a 3rd to Healy.

Yes, they do take advance bookings. Most of my lodging for May/June is still open, I'm not worried, I always find what I want. :)

Especially, if you are not firm, avoid getting into making reservations, and 6 months ahead is still plenty of time.

Talkeetna is not really a 2 night stay location, unless you have some very extensive, special plans. Hopefully you are, at least spending some time seeing Anchorage, may offer a better use of time. Or add a 3rd to Healy.

Yes, they do take advance bookings. Most of my lodging for May/June is still open, I'm not worried, I always find what I want. :)

Especially, if you are not firm, avoid getting into making reservations, and 6 months ahead is still plenty of time.

Thanks Budget Queen,

We were uncertain about the 2 night stay in Talkeetna. The only thing that we plan to do is take a airflight on K2 Aviation to Denali with a glacier landing. I may consider an additional night in Healy. We will be staying one night in Anchorage before we go on to Seward. We need to return a rental car. The plan is to take the train from Anchorage to Seward.

Thanks Budget Queen,

We were uncertain about the 2 night stay in Talkeetna. The only thing that we plan to do is take a airflight on K2 Aviation to Denali with a glacier landing. I may consider an additional night in Healy. We will be staying one night in Anchorage before we go on to Seward. We need to return a rental car. The plan is to take the train from Anchorage to Seward.

With just a flight priority, schedule at your first opportunity- on your way north. then you might have an option for rebooking. In the past there have been discount coupon offers. Flights are also available out of Denali.

Unless you are planning to go flightseeing or river rafting, I am not sure that Talkeetna is even a 1 night experience or even worth the short drive off the Parks Highway. We hit Talkeetna on one trip and stayed maybe an hour or so.

DON

With just a flight priority, schedule at your first opportunity- on your way north. then you might have an option for rebooking. In the past there have been discount coupon offers. Flights are also available out of Denali.

Thanks for the information. I am planning on purchasing either Northern Lights or Toursaver coupon books. I will do the research before the purchase. I want to make sure I get the one with the most benefit for us.

Unless you are planning to go flightseeing or river rafting, I am not sure that Talkeetna is even a 1 night experience or even worth the short drive off the Parks Highway. We hit Talkeetna on one trip and stayed maybe an hour or so.

DON

It's a good meal stop. :)

When we called to make a reservation at our first choice lodging (B&B) for Healy in January, it was already booked. Not sure if this is normal, but we snagged the rest of our first choices ASAP so that we wouldn't miss out on anything else.

When we called to make a reservation at our first choice lodging (B&B) for Healy in January, it was already booked. Not sure if this is normal, but we snagged the rest of our first choices ASAP so that we wouldn't miss out on anything else.

Thanks for the information. We are now waiting to see if Ken's brother and wife will be joining us.

Archived