Malta cab...experiences?

Four of us are visiting Malta in May and will be needing a cab for approximately 5 hours. My fellow traveler has a friend who lives in Malta who says that it is better to pre-book a taxi service online than rely on picking one of the many in port. She said that cab drivers may jack up prices when not pre-arranged. Anyone have any recent experience with this or a company to recommend? (we don't need a guide.)

Four of us are visiting Malta in May and will be needing a cab for approximately 5 hours. My fellow traveler has a friend who lives in Malta who says that it is better to pre-book a taxi service online than rely on picking one of the many in port. She said that cab drivers may jack up prices when not pre-arranged. Anyone have any recent experience with this or a company to recommend? (we don't need a guide.)

When we were there in 2009, there was a taxi booth as you leave the ship that arranged taxis for specific time periods at a fixed rate. There wasn't any negotiation. You paid at the booth and then presented a piece of paper to the first taxi in the line and he was your guy. I suppose it's possible that this arrangement was higher priced than pre-arranging a taxi. But if it was, it was not an individual driver jacking up the price.

When we were there in 2009, there was a taxi booth as you leave the ship that arranged taxis for specific time periods at a fixed rate. There wasn't any negotiation. You paid at the booth and then presented a piece of paper to the first taxi in the line and he was your guy. I suppose it's possible that this arrangement was higher priced than pre-arranging a taxi. But if it was, it was not an individual driver jacking up the price.

Our traveling partners in Malta arranged something yesterday with Wembley's and got a great rate. We're in good shape but sure appreciate your help. Best to you!

Archived