Behind the fun ship tours

Dukesmith95

As soon as you get on the ship go to the Shore Excursion desk and sign up. You can not sign up ahead of time.

We have done it on the Miracle and on the Liberty and loved it.

Claudia

Hi, Claudia.

We did it on Freedom in January. Excellent tour.

We went to the shore excursion desk and the computers weren't available yet, but they took our info and booked us as soon as they were able to do so.

It costs $55 per person on the smaller class ships, $95 on the larger newer ships. I recently did it on the Inspiration a few weeks ago (my review is below in case you're interested), and I really enjoyed it! :)

I should warn you though, I waited 3 hours after getting on board to book it, and it was already SOLD OUT! Luckily, someone cancelled so I was able to go. IF you really want to do it, book it as soon as you board.

I agree, make sure you do it as soon as you board--or as soon as you get done with lunch at the latest. It's possible it may not sell out that fast, I don't think it sold out that quickly on the Fascination in January as the cruise director was still talking about this at his excursion talk on the first sea day and saying it would probably sell out by that evening. But don't take the risk! It's definitely worth the money IMO.

Yep, two things to make a beeline to the Excursions desk for: booking Behind the Fun, and selecting your special cabana at Half Moon Cay! :) (This is another good reason to book FttF, too.)

It's a great tour...done it twice now, small ship and large, and will probably do it again on Victory next October even though I swore I wouldn't so soon. :)

I'm wondering if it's $55 or $95 on Victory? It's a larger ship, BUT it doesn't have a steakhouse, which I heard was one of the deciding factors......

Yep, two things to make a beeline to the Excursions desk for: booking Behind the Fun, and selecting your special cabana at Half Moon Cay! :) (This is another good reason to book FttF, too.)

It's a great tour...done it twice now, small ship and large, and will probably do it again on Victory next October even though I swore I wouldn't so soon. :)

I'm wondering if it's $55 or $95 on Victory? It's a larger ship, BUT it doesn't have a steakhouse, which I heard was one of the deciding factors......

The Victory is the ship we did it on (in 2012), and it was $55.

We got lucky on the Paradise last year. My husband didn't decide he wanted to actually do it until the day before the tour. We managed to get in on it. They ran 2 tour groups. The first was completely full with 16 people. Our group only had 6 people. It was awesome =) If you have any interest in it at all I highly recommend you do it.

I booked the day before on our last trip on the Freedom. I guess it depends on the sailing and how many people are interested in doing it. I thought maybe they added a group though, I think one went before us with more people. So maybe they add a group if there is a waiting list that grows to be worth it.

The Victory is the ship we did it on (in 2012), and it was $55.

Yep, apparently because it does not have a steakhouse.

So, CCL will get my steak money anyway, since I'll almost certainly take the tour if it's still only $55. :D

Archived