Ext cords and fans

clinthi

Has anyone actually had an extension cord or fan confiscated from their luggage? Curling or flat iron taken away?

We had a power cord confiscated on the Oasis our last cruise. First time this has happened as we have taken it on about 20 other cruises. They gave us a card with the description of the confiscated item and were advised we could get it back at the end of the cruise. I forgot to pick it up in the end. When i went in the naughty room to open my case I noticed a few Irons on the "confiscated table" along with a bunch of bottles of liquor. I'll have to be more careful next time.

I have always brought a flat iron and a curling iron - no problems with either. We also take a small extension cord - really short "extension", for us it is really about the additional outlets - and never had a problem. I think it is typically in our carryon though. My hubby's the "electronics" packer, so I'm never certain where all of that stuff ends up in our bags :)

We didn't bring an extension cord this time around but instead used a mini surge protector made by Belkin and it worked great. There are three outlets and two USB ports. The USB ports can't charge an iPad but did work for our iPhones. I charged the iPad via one of the outlets. I also charged my Kindle that way too.I would recommend this product, as it's compact and eliminates the long cord. You can get one on Amazon for around $30.

As far as the flat iron goes, I believe those are allowed on board. I had mine in checked luggage and had no problems.

Archived