Carnival not showing me cabins and prices when logged in

spideygirl

This seems a bit weird, but when I do a mock booking while i am logged in it says there are no cabins available and won't give me a price. However if I log out it shows me the free cabin and price.

Is carnival trying to stop people getting prices for mock bookings?

Has anyone else noticed this? :confused:

Not to steal the thread but I did a mock booking today for our Liberty cruise and one of the L shaped cabins was available.

So I called to switch cabins (it only took 13 minutes) After I hung up I did another mock booking to see if the new cabin was gone and my old cabin was available. It was.

What was weird is the other L Shaped cabin was now available. makes me wonder if there are cabins available that do not show up on the web site and we need to call to check?

What was weird is the other L Shaped cabin was now available. makes me wonder if there are cabins available that do not show up on the web site and we need to call to check?

The website only shows up to 10 cabins at a time. If you call in to Carnival, they can see all of the available cabins.

This seems a bit weird, but when I do a mock booking while i am logged in it says there are no cabins available and won't give me a price. However if I log out it shows me the free cabin and price.

Is carnival trying to stop people getting prices for mock bookings?

Has anyone else noticed this? :confused:

Yes, I have noticed this as well :)

This happened to me, also! I ended up getting a price drop :D

NOT logged in: Friends & Family ~ Balcony rooms available

Logged in: Friends & Family PAST Guest ~ No balcony room available

They are trying to be sneaky... :rolleyes:

This happened to me, also! I ended up getting a price drop :D

NOT logged in: Friends & Family ~ Balcony rooms available

Logged in: Friends & Family PAST Guest ~ No balcony room available

They are trying to be sneaky... :rolleyes:

i've found different offerings based on rate....

in your example above try also pricing Family & Friends past guest, but not logged in.

i've found the availability differed based on the rate i was checking, not whether i was logged in or not.

in your example above try also pricing Family & Friends past guest, but not logged in.

i've found the availability differed based on the rate i was checking, not whether i was logged in or not.

Last three days my cabin was $80 less. I tried mock bookings and there were a lot of options available for my cabin but when tried to book a room it gave me a red error stating sorry no rooms available. I thought maybe they did not have quads....until I read this post.

I logged out and saw 8 cabins available on the Spa deck and 3 cabins on other levels equal to my 8c. I called and they could not find any rooms that I said were available and I kept telling the agent that I am logged in and can send a screen shot.

After calling a supervisor I was given the rate. I can still find rates not logging in. BTW, I used my VIFP number to book my cruise and I used my wife's to see the available rooms. I smell something fishy.

Hi.

I don't think you can see Past Guest rates unless you're logged in, at which point, as we've established on this thread, rooms do not appear as being available, for all categories and regardless of the number of travelers, for cruises on which you are already booked.

Also, I've had to log in twice at times. Once for my general website account, and again for the VIFP club. Weird.

Thanks for the helpful information in this thread.

Hi.

I don't think you can see Past Guest rates unless you're logged in, at which point, as we've established on this thread, rooms do not appear as being available, for all categories and regardless of the number of travelers, for cruises on which you are already booked.

Also, I've had to log in twice at times. Once for my general website account, and again for the VIFP club. Weird.

Thanks for the helpful information in this thread.

Hi again. It turns out you can see past quest rates even when you're not logged in. My mistake.

I suspect it's probably a glitch in the system. I tried looking at rates for my two upcoming cruises, both while logged in, and I found rooms in my category that were available.

It is a particular glitch to have, though. My cruises are both a ways out (October and February). Are the people having a problem sailing sooner than that?

Archived