No stop today in Roatan for the Liberty

cathydev

The Liberty didn't port in Roatan today as scheduled. lots of wind and rain today. Day 4 of bad weather. Mariner of the Seas and Ryndam did port this morning.

Not sure if Liberty is going to find nicer weather somewhere since trip has been a rainy mess or just sit off the edge of Roatan and take a hit with the crappy weather.

Bummer, bummer, bummer. I know you all say that rain in the caribbean is better than rain at home, but when you've saved and used hard earned vacation time to plan a trip (in one of the supposed best times for the caribbean) and it's rained from Sat- to this point (Wed), it's just not fun for anyone. No deck activities etc.

The Liberty is supposed to be in Grand Cayman tomorrow. Hoping for much better weather SOON!

The Liberty didn't port in Roatan today as scheduled. lots of wind and rain today. Day 4 of bad weather. Mariner of the Seas and Ryndam did port this morning.

Not sure if Liberty is going to find nicer weather somewhere since trip has been a rainy mess or just sit off the edge of Roatan and take a hit with the crappy weather.

Bummer, bummer, bummer. I know you all say that rain in the caribbean is better than rain at home, but when you've saved and used hard earned vacation time to plan a trip (in one of the supposed best times for the caribbean) and it's rained from Sat- to this point (Wed), it's just not fun for anyone. No deck activities etc.

The Liberty is supposed to be in Grand Cayman tomorrow. Hoping for much better weather SOON!

Sorry to hear. But understand. Sent son and his fiancee' on cruise and it did nothing but rain the whole cruise. He told us we owed him another cruisewith sunshine. LOL

Hope things improve for you.

I was on the Valor in 2005, right after hurricanes Katrina & Rita. The captain debated whether to do the Eastern itinerary instead of the Western. Let's just say he made the wrong choice, but oh well. I still had a good time. But yes, it IS a bummer to get nothing but rain on your Caribbean cruise.

My theory is that you can't control the weather, so might as well find an alternate plan and enjoy vacation anyway. No sense in getting upset over weather. One of my favorite cruises ended up being one that was freezing cold and rainy all week. I was fascinated watching the waves and crazy seas, we did lots of indoor activities like trivia and dance classes, and also spent lots of time reading, chatting with fellow passengers, people watching, and just relaxing.

Same thing happened again this past weekend as we took a little getaway to a state park to do some hiking. Sunday we had a late season snowstorm and 6 inches of snow. Not my idea of fun since I hate cold weather and snow and it should be spring by now, but we built a fire in our cabin, played board games, and enjoyed the snow covered view instead of hiking.

Happened to me last year. 1 week cruise, full blown rain for 6 days. We were docked at one port for 4 days. Spent 2 days getting there and 2 days coming back. It was my first time in a balcony cabin too :(

But, I really realized what a great cruiseline NCL is because we still had a blast!

That sucks because one of my friends is on the Liberty and I gave her tour recommendations for Roatan (Victor Bodden) because I was there last month and its one of my favorite places. I feel bad for her but my first cruise on the Victory cancelled two ports (Costa Maya and Grand Caymen) and so I know how it feels. You can't control weather but it still sucks when you miss a port knowing it might be hard for you to ever get back there, especially Roatan since its kind out of the way, atleast with GC, its on many different itineraries..

I get ubber paranoid when on Vacation and risk running into bad weather...we travel to be alone and enjoy ourselves, but much of that is relaxing by a pool/beach and just sunning it...some may say who cares but I'm with you.

Good luck in Grand Cayman as that little puppy is a tough one to port in when the weather is bad. Hopefully the winds don't follow you

We were on the Liberty a couple weeks ago and the weather wasn't that great either. First time we cruised during this time of year where we had crummy weather so I guess that isn't too bad. It poured in Belize and it was so rainy and windy in Grand Cayman they docked on the other side of the island and you had to get a taxi to get to the main area. It was a mess. Luckily Roatan wasn't too bad until the afternoon then rain and wind. I hope your trip gets better! The Liberty is a great ship!

I feel bad for you! It's tough when you have it in your mind that you're doing something then poof. I guess not docking to be safe is better then having an issue. I think CCL is a little gun shy right now and do not want any more issues, even if it is the weather. You know the media will be all over them if they so much as hit a wave too hard.

Good luck on the rest of your cruise and pray for sunshine.

Archived