a/c in cabins on Eurodam

Stevero2

Every cabin on HAL ships have individual thermostats. The thermostats do not have degree indications but you can push it to lowest level if you wish. I can't say for sure that is 65 degrees.

We have sailed Eurodam five cruises and our A/C worked just fine every cruise. :)

But if I push it to its lowest leavel, is it likey to freeze up?

No. I always turn the thermostat down as far as it will go the moment I first enter my cabin. And there it stays the entire cruise.

I have never been in a cabin that got too cold, even set this low. (I keep my home thermostat set at 60 at night in the winter.)

If you find that the lowest setting is too cold, move it up one notch at a time, but give it plenty of time to adjust. It isn't anywhere close to instant.

HAL assigned me cabin N1011, which can accomodate 3 people, although we will be only 2. Will this limit the coolness of the cabin? You wrote that you keep your home a/c at 60. Does that mean that I can count on at least a steady 65 if I put the thermostat down to the lowest position?

In November we were in cabin 7048 on the Eurodam. The temperature when turned down really cooled the cabin down but the air flow from the vent made a lot of noise. We had them adjust the fan but the cabin was too hot then so we had them return it to the normal setting. That's the first time we have experienced this problem. But hey, it was an SA and we barley noticed it after awhile.

We are assigned the same cabin again sailing this Saturday.

HAL assigned me cabin N1011, which can accomodate 3 people, although we will be only 2. Will this limit the coolness of the cabin? You wrote that you keep your home a/c at 60. Does that mean that I can count on at least a steady 65 if I put the thermostat down to the lowest position?

I only difference that one less person would make is less body heat given off. At least as far as I can see.

Set the thermostat at it's lowest setting, then adjust it upwards, in small increments, as needed. Don't readjust too soon as it takes a while. Once you find a comfortable setting---leave it alone. Don't be so concerned about the absolute temperature, but rather comfort.

(and it's my heat I keep at 60 at night, not a/c. :eek:)

HVAC system works just fine. It will keep you as cool or as warm as you like.

Very true, but Ruth is right, give it time to adjust to any changes you make. It really isn't instantaneous like at home.

Don't get concerned too quickly if your cabin feels too warm when you board. We often find that embarkation day it takes a while until our cabin cools down. We almost always feel hot when still in port and don't feel really comfortable until just about when we sail.

Give it time.

Archived