Cancelling with Easy Savers

lions1995

So friends (first time cruisers) of ours booked a cruise under Easy Savers rate for the three of them. The current Friends and Family rate for their cabin is $500 lower than orginal booking. I know if they cancel their current booking, they would each have a non refundable of $50. The remaining $600 would go into holding. Could they use that $600 to rebook the same cabin / cruise or is that onoy good for a future cruise?

I have only booked early saver myself but the way I understand it is if it is before final payment date you can call carnival and get the friends and family rate. Any rate can be price matched before final payment but early saver can price match up to two days before sailing.

I recently had to cancel a cruise because the group I was going with canceled. I lost the $50 and the rest on account. I went to rebook, actually the same cruise with another friend and was told I could not use the balance on the same cruise as the original one booked. No worries as I will use it eventually.

I have only booked early saver myself but the way I understand it is if it is before final payment date you can call carnival and get the friends and family rate. Any rate can be price matched before final payment but early saver can price match up to two days before sailing.

Easy, Super and Instant Saver don't qualify for price protection.

Easy, Super and Instant Saver don't qualify for price protection.

maybe I misunderstood other posts I have read on cc. I understood if it was before final payment that they would actually rebook you under the new rate with the lower rate.:confused:

I called my PVP to upgrade our cabin that was originally booked under the Past Guest rate. I told her that I wanted to upgrade to an OV under the F&F Past Guest Sale when it first started. She messed up and upgraded us under the Easy Saver rate instead which was the same at the time.

When the F&F rate dropped again, I called to get the price drop (before final payment) and she informed me that we could not get any money back when booked Easy Saver. This is how I found out that she switched us from PG to Easy Saver. I was angry. You can only upgrade once the Easy Saver restrictions are attached to your booking, but the upgrade must have a balance due even if it's only $1.

No complimentary upgrades with Easy Saver, but if they are Past Guests, they make be willing to give a free upgrade if there is a higher category cabin that is the same price or close to their current cabin. They won't get any money back if the upgraded cabin is less than they paid for their current cabin though. They will have to call and ask.

I was mistakenly booked under easy saver by carnival instead of early saver!!! After several calls to carnival (with a bit of ranting) I was given early saver status....which should have been my original status. And vow have quite a bit of OBC. I had to talk with guest services to get it sorted out but it can be fixed.

Hi,this is my first time useing cruise critic so here goes! I booked a past guest rate and have made final payment. Now they are advertising a F&F rate which is much lower. Can I get any price adjustments? I booked through an online company and they said Carnival wont do any fare adjustments after final payment has been made. Does anyone know how this works?

Hi,this is my first time useing cruise critic so here goes! I booked a past guest rate and have made final payment. Now they are advertising a F&F rate which is much lower. Can I get any price adjustments? I booked through an online company and they said Carnival wont do any fare adjustments after final payment has been made. Does anyone know how this works?

If you are a past guest remind your TA about the letter.

Dear Travel Agents,

During the last couple of months since the Carnival Triumph fire, we’ve received an enormous show of support from our

Past Guests. So many of them have called, emailed, Tweeted and posted on Facebook to demonstrate their confidence

in Carnival. This has meant a lot to us and as a gesture of appreciation, we will be extending complimentary upgrades to

them in the event a lower price becomes available after they book.

Please feel free to contact us if your client is a Past Guest and there is a rate adjustment on the category they purchased.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Bill

I just received an email from my TA saying he doesnt know of such a letter. I submitted a price reduction form on Carnival website just to see what they said, and they replied to have my TA submit form.

The past guest promotion has nothing to do with Easy Saver, submitting the for will do you no good.

Your TA must call on your behalf and get your PG upgrade.

I just received an email from my TA saying he doesnt know of such a letter. I submitted a price reduction form on Carnival website just to see what they said, and they replied to have my TA submit form.

Two things. One, if you booked through a travel agency, you will have to deal with them. Carnival will not work with you directly. Two, the online form is for Early Saver only. If you booked under a Past Guest rate, that doesn't apply to you. Beyond final payment, they do not adjust the price or give OBC unless you are Early Saver. It looks like they are offering upgrades for past guests right now, though, so try that again with your TA. Good luck!

Archived