indy or liberty

Have only 4 days for a cruise next spring. I know they are similar. I think my kids will be okay with the skating vs. Flowrider. We did jewel last year and loved it so either boat had more to offer. You get nassau/cococay with indy and just cozumel with libety. Indy is cheaper but liberty is on a holiday weekend so less work to miss. Thanks

I normally gravitate to ships with the best itinerary/most ports but on a short cruise like this I think I would choose the Liberty because there is so much to do on board you will want some sea days to enjoy the ship. Kids might enjoy the Amazing Race Cozumel if you haven't tried that before - it is tons of fun. And having to burn one less day of vacation time is a bonus as well.

Have only 4 days for a cruise next spring. I know they are similar. I think my kids will be okay with the skating vs. Flowrider. We did jewel last year and loved it so either boat had more to offer. You get nassau/cococay with indy and just cozumel with libety. Indy is cheaper but liberty is on a holiday weekend so less work to miss. Thanks

I am not sure what you mean by that. Both Indy and Liberty have skating and a flowrider. Since I am not a big fan of private beach stops I would probably pick Liberty. Also, with Indy spending half of the year over in the UK the ship seems to be more geared toward that clientel than for the typical Caribbean cruises out of Florida.

I am not sure what you mean by that. Both Indy and Liberty have skating and a flowrider. Since I am not a big fan of private beach stops I would probably pick Liberty. Also, with Indy spending half of the year over in the UK the ship seems to be more geared toward that clientel than for the typical Caribbean cruises out of Florida.

Actually, indy has rollerblading instead of a flowrider.

Actually, indy has rollerblading instead of a flowrider.

I just got off of Indy two weeks ago and have sailed on the ship twice. It has a flowrider. And no Freedom class ship has rollerblading. When you mentioned skating I thought you were referiing to ice skating.

I've been on the Liberty 5 times, the Indy 2 times. Both ships are nearly identical as far as the layout. However, in MY opinion the Liberty has a much warmer, friendlier sense to it. The only difference I see is the Royal Promenade on deck 5. The Liberty has much more inventory in its shops than the Indy, especially the General Store where if you forgot something you might be able to find it in there.

As someone else mentioned the Indy does gear things to their European clients.

Cozumel is a great place to swim with the dolphins. It has other interesting things to do also. Nassau would probably be boring for your kids unless you went to Atlantis which is very costly

Those are my opinions. I'm sure others will vote for the Indy.

Archived