!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I settled back in my seat and took a short nap, at some point I went to get another drink and I took this pictures of "The Runaways". I don't believe I have spoken about them yet, my personal opinion is that they were just ok. While their music was definitely the kind of music that I like, the main singers voice was not the best. I remember reading a lot of criticism towards them in earlier review. Most people in prior reviews were not very supportive of them.

DSC05467_zpsda9cc50f.jpg

DSC05466_zpsf1694ce0.jpg

Then we went for a walk and to get a drink at a different bar.

A lot of the cabanas were occupied that day, actually it was the first time I saw any of them occupied.

DSC05487_zps813a8ce3.jpg

DSC05488_zpsddeb9957.jpg

DSC05489_zps156ae5db.jpg

DSC05490_zpsf6ab7d89.jpg

The lawn was getting plenty of use that day, most folks were very happy, including your correspondent.

I order another long island.

DSC05503_zps62ba5f48.jpg

Mom got a strawberry margarita.

DSC05504_zpsd69850df.jpg

Do you guys want to know where my mom's drink ended up in?

Please note that she blamed me for it,

I actually blamed her when she bumped the unstable table,

in the end we agreed to blame the table :D

But yeah, there is your drink... Want some? Grab a straw :D

DSC05511_zpscea5279b.jpg

Soooooooo, ummmmm yeah we had to change tables, I felt really bad for this. I tried cleaning a little but I actually made it worse...

So with a new drink we decide to go downstairs and sit by the buffet area.

DSC05513_zps3b0e6918.jpg

With an even better view!

DSC05518_zpsf9cae235.jpg

DSC05517_zps343afe0f.jpg

It was then when I noticed a tinny dot following us, I knew it had to be another ship. I was really curious about which ship it was so I went inside to change the lens and came back out with the zoom lens.

He was way in the distance, it was a carnival ship. It is a good thing that it had the whale tail so I could identify the cruise line :D

This picture is really cropped, I could not spot the ship unless I cropped the hell out of it!

Which ship is it, no idea. I am sure a little research should yield a result.

DSC05525_zps027322b1.jpg

Then we headed down I got a few pictures of some areas that I had missed in the review. The library was huge and a very nice area, I am sure most that read can appreciate this area. Although I have read a few reviews were people complain that since it is open the noise can leak into that area. It was pretty quiet hen I was there.

Here is the library.

DSC05529_zpsad3fbb1d.jpg

DSC05530_zps1c37bbdc.jpg

DSC05531_zpsbc836350.jpg

DSC05532_zpse397ed42.jpg

DSC05533_zps7d7a9a62.jpg

DSC05534_zpsfdff51d6.jpg

After that we headed to our room and my mom changed and headed to mass. By the way something was pointed out by cruise Arizona that I actually also noticed. She stated that she felt a little funny going to mass in the same venue that they use for their vulgar comedy. Now please note that I never went to mass, but my mom went to quite a few of them and I can totally understand how this can be a little odd for some.

I took this picture from the balcony.

DSC05573_zps1ea01d25.jpg

Anyway while mom went to mass I spend most of time in the balcony working on my pictures and I also took advantage of a clean room to do the photo tour of the room.

So here it goes,

DSC05574_zpsb1fa30f8.jpg

I love that they offer bar soap in X ships.

DSC05575_zpsbf742271.jpg

DSC05576_zpsede87075.jpg

DSC05577_zps49f8e98c.jpg

DSC05578_zpsf795a5b7.jpg

DSC05579_zpse4995dc1.jpg

DSC05580_zps975c80cc.jpg

You all know I have to get the toilet paper pics (RCCL FANS), anyway isn't that the same brand as RCCL? Please also note that this is the first time that I say RCCL in this review. I did pretty good right? There were so many times that I wanted to do comparisons, but I refrained from it.

DSC05581_zps5c61529c.jpg

DSC05582_zps52da2f22.jpg

DSC05583_zps2eeb51cd.jpg

tinny drawers...

DSC05584_zps42d40dff.jpg

They always place that little towel there for you.

DSC05585_zps9bc5cdf0.jpg

DSC05586_zpsd574afd0.jpg

DSC05587_zpsbbff0ca4.jpg

This system is fantastic, I want it my house. You have no idea how old mine is.... lol.

DSC05588_zps72b77252.jpg

The shower was really nice.

DSC05589_zpsa009657d.jpg

DSC05597_zps99f8828a.jpg

DSC05598_zpsed489570.jpg

DSC05599_zps87a64403.jpg

I found that was a good temperature setting for us. Mom likes it normal and I like it somewhat colder, when we travel I have to compromise. At night I would lower the temperature a little. Con you believe that I actually turned on the heat a couple of time in this cruise, lol!

DSC05600_zps1a52748b.jpg

DSC05601_zps0faaadc5.jpg

DSC05602_zps98d878c5.jpg

DSC05624_zpsc88a9547.jpg

DSC05625_zpsb8098513.jpg

Ok folks, that is it for now. Pretty much all I got left is Murano and I want to make sure I do a good job there. This was our very best dinning experience aboard the Silli, just outstanding!

Edited by gambee

gambee....like everyone else, thanks for the review :). Your review put me over the edge to book Silhouette for next year's spring break cruise. :D

Ill bet you will love your cruise:)

Gamble, ar you going to be like Alfred Hirchcock and appear in one scene?

Do you know the funny thing is that I thought about doing the breakaway review. Funny you mentioned that.

Just a couple of questions....what was your cabin category? I think we are a 2A.

The refrigerator....can you have them empty it and put your own things in if you like? I don't think anything is covered in there, even if you have the drink package, correct?

I was in a 1C category, but my understanding is that most of the room in this ship are the same size (with exceptions of course, suites and such).

Well I believe you can ask for it for to be emptied. Our steward asked us if we wanted it locked up, I said no, you never know if you want something. And no, nothing in there is covered with the drink package.

Have a great cruise!