!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

So after Qsine we headed to Molecular for another round of drinks, honestly I don't recall how they tasted. I think good, but not sure, sorry.

Mr B

DSC05117_zps88c1b6ae.jpg

Lucky cat

DSC05118_zps3e1dadc8.jpg

We actually sat there for a long time talking with timlove, we had a great time with them, what a nice couple. It is funny how much they remind me of my bf and I. She loves to cruise as do I and he doesn't just like my bf.

So it just happened that we missed that night show, we wanted to go, but we were having a great time talking so it was all good.

Then we headed up to the room to get my full size tripod so I could go to the top decks and get some night pictures.

Once up there I started snapping away, hope you like them.

DSC05121_zpse937e711.jpg

DSC05125_zps47fbbd15.jpg

DSC05126_zps220b1636.jpg

DSC05127_zps530ff84a.jpg

DSC05131_zpsc58b28a7.jpg

DSC05134_zpsbda5e797.jpg

First we ordered the Lava crab

This item was extremely good, it was like fried thin noodles with crab. ASTOUNDING!

DSC05083_zps012ab487.jpg

Disco Shrimp, very tasty.

DSC05084_zps66f3fa12.jpg

Treseviche, it was very tasty.

DSC05087_zps0bd6de92.jpg

Sushi lolipops, they were ok I guess. It also comes with a small tuna salad.

DSC05088_zps464ce9c7.jpg

Lobster Escargot, Very good. The little cones next to it are bread.

DSC05089_zpscb66281f.jpg

Taco Royale, it was very good and you made your own guacamole.

DSC05090_zps10c1b021.jpg

SOLD!!!! I wanted to try this on our Millie cruise this summer and now I KNOW I have to! Even if we are a little crowded - it all just looks soooooooo yummy!

Edited by olemissreb

DSC05197_zps35d152f0.jpg

It was a nice photo shoot, the weather was finally cooperating!

After that we went down to the Theater to see the "liars club", for those of you not familiar with this, it is simply an event when 1 person is telling the truth and the other two are lying. The audience is supposed to guess which one is telling the truth.

The players were the captain, Lisa and I think the hotel director. It was something that we had seen once already, I think on the NCL Sky and it is always a fun little activity. We enjoyed ourselves.

DSC05201_zpsca6de890.jpg

DSC05204_zpsea7a8817.jpg

DSC05205_zpsc09d6a20.jpg

DSC05206_zps9d3a6ec7.jpg

DSC05207_zpsede8c205.jpg

DSC05208_zpsd775b425.jpg

DSC05209_zps6c76ce02.jpg

And here is a video from that activity, actually a fun video. If you have the time you should watch it.

After the show was over we headed down to the martini to grab a couple of banana splits.

DSC05211_zps2133e2bd.jpg

They had a little ice sculpture to ice down your drinks if you liked.

DSC05212_zps743a4380.jpg

We grabbed our drinks and headed to Celebrity central for the comedy show, we had missed all of the prior performances and I really wanted to get to see one.

DSC05214_zps37af21bf.jpg

The show was called sin city comedy and it consisted of a Dancer

DSC05217_zpsb22608b1.jpg

Peny Prince (very vulgar, Amazing comedian)

DSC05219_zpsf5ddb767.jpg

And Pat Godwin (Not my cup of tea…)

DSC05221_zps5f073477.jpg

The show was good overall, just wished that Peny had more time on stage and less of Pat, his comedy was just not so great. The dancer came out a couple of times and did an erotic type like dance. Just a heads up, this show is not clean humor at all, very strong langage is used by both comedians.

We loved Labadee and my daughter and I did the Stand Up Paddle boarding of a 1/2 hour and then we just hung at the beach. There was so much to do there from the little rollar coaster, to zip line, to shopping for Haitian art, so a good barbeque lunch (I had to have fish cause it was good Friday.) There was even a sports court for volly ball and basket ball. I think next time I am there I will bring my gym shoes and do a little exercise walking as well as enjoy the beach.

Ceviche from Q-zine was offered one night in the Elite lounge as an appetizer, waiter said it was the first time he had seen it there, and I loved it. I am a big ceviche fan and often get it at one of local Mexican places that specializes in it here in AZ.

Kids in Specialty, I think some have age limits and some do not. My daughter and I did the Asian restaurant on Solstice 4 years ago, when she was just 11, and there was not issue. It might just be Muranos and the Ocean Liners that have a min age, but it may be some thing that they are also still trying to figure out.

Penny Prince was funny. We actually chatted with him on the beach for a a few minutes in Labadee. He was enjoying a Corona while hanging out in the water, and he accidently dropped the empty bottle in the water. He started to panick because he didn't want it to break and hurt someone, so we all worked together to find the bottle. My son found it and Peny offered to buy him a beer, but he is only 16, too young for a beer or the comedy show on Celebrity, so I told Peny I'd pick up the beer for my son when he's old enough.

The previous week we went to Sin City, and the headliner who was an Emmy winner from the writing staff of Home Improvement was probably a littler better, and the Burleque Dancer was definitely better the second week, the one you saw. Cause you know I'm such an expert on Burleque dancers, being the Catholic Mom and all. It did feel a little weird to go the Sin City Comedy and then Mass the next day in the same room. Any way the Comedy was restricted to 18+, but believe me it would have been fine for 14+.

Liar Club is also one of my favorite funny events. We went week one and we asked if the words would be the same, and so when they said yes, we skipped it week two. Very very funny. The first week we had two couple who were utilizing a sign language interpreter. They were kind of sitting between us in the stage. It was really funny to watch the interpreter desperately try to have the same seriousness that the officers had in presenting their answer, but she was cracking up in a Harvey Corman to Tim Conway kind of way. Anyway, I hadn't seen Liars Club in about 7 years on a Celebrity cruise, so it was nice to see it back.

Edited by Cruise Arizona

Gambee, your night photos inside the solarium and out on the upper decks is breathtaking! . . . I can already imagine a few of them in a Celebrity brochure.

Hope you are right and that 2013 is your year.

Totally agree....you captured the elegance and beauty of the Solarium perfectly.

DSC01795_zpsd418ef96.jpg

DSC01796_zpsdc1f0854.jpg

DSC01797_zpse756863a.jpg

MDR entrance

DSC01798_zps9de86d66.jpg

Hi Gambee, great review again, I love your photos taken while touring the various indoor shops.

Are you using the automatic mode, if not can you please explain.

I recently purchased the same camera as yours.

Thanks

Now on to another topic, that night was the first time that I have ever felt a ship roll, it was an ever so light roll and very calming. But this was just the beginning of what would become a VERY rocky voyage, lots of people getting sick. Do you guys want to know the funny part? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!!! When ships rock and roll, on our last day the ship actually stopped rocking and I missed it dearly. I also ventured with no anti-nausea medicine on the last two days and I did not get sick!!! It was just AWESOME!!!! I was so excited!!!! I am not sure how to put it, but from now on I will look forward for the rocking and rolling of ships more than anything. It sort of lets me know that I am aboard a SHIP!!!! How cool is that?!?!

On the last night of my first cruise aboard the Disney Dream, the water was really rough. The ship was rocking back and forth pretty bad.

I was on the Carnival Dream the week before Hurricane Isaac hit. The days were beautiful, the nights, not so much. So I know what it feels lik to be in really rough waters

BTW I really like the pics! They are amazing! I am a photographer as well, but I have only started. One day I hope to be working on a cruise ship as a photographer. :)

DSC05155_zps3a143daa.jpg

Gambee, all of your nighttime solarium and pool deck shots were phenomenal but this one really stuck out to me! :D I absolutely love it (especially the colors Celebrity uses to light the deck!)

Can't wait for more!

Thank you for such a great review and pictures! We sail Silhouette in 9 months and I can't wait now!

I really want to try Qsine, but the cover charge is pretty steep... your pictures were really helpful though.

I have to laugh about running from a cappella groups - I completely agree!

Quick note to other commenters - please do not quote an entire post from Gambee if it includes many pictures - it takes forever to load, makes us have to scroll a bunch, AND we've already seen all those pictures. If you want to say, "I love the pictures from Qsine!" we know what pictures you are referring to - no need to quote Gambee's entire post! Sorry, end of rant.

DSC04268_zps6bcd83ac.jpg

I see me sitting across from you on the right side of pic! Nancyluvs2cruise is next to me on my right and her Peter is the tall gentleman standing between us. My DH is seated on my other side, not in the photo. I just knew we had to be there at the same time... at least once. ;)

Loving the review! The martinis look yummy and the "show" they put on is amazing!

Question for you...it has been years since I cruised Celebrity, but some of the highlights of that cruise were the champagne given upon boarding, the sorbet brought poolside on port days and the roving appetizers in the evenings. I don't recall you mentioning any of those special touches. Does Celebrity still do those things?

!

Quick note to other commenters - please do not quote an entire post from Gambee if it includes many pictures - it takes forever to load, makes us have to scroll a bunch, AND we've already seen all those pictures. If you want to say, "I love the pictures from Qsine!" we know what pictures you are referring to - no need to quote Gambee's entire post! Sorry, end of rant.

This is my ultimate cruise critic pet peeve...thanks for mentioning it! It always surprises me how many folks breech this etiquette.

Gambee, Celebrity should hire you to do the photography for their websites, brochures, and promotional materials!!!

Loving the review! The martinis look yummy and the "show" they put on is amazing!

Question for you...it has been years since I cruised Celebrity, but some of the highlights of that cruise were the champagne given upon boarding, the sorbet brought poolside on port days and the roving appetizers in the evenings. I don't recall you mentioning any of those special touches. Does Celebrity still do those things?

When we sailed the Silhouette the did offer champagne and/or mimosa's as you boarded but I did not see any of the other things. Gambee can confirm but that's what was on our cruise.

Patty

Edited by beachbuddy

DSC04268_zps6bcd83ac.jpg

I see me sitting across from you on the right side of pic! Nancyluvs2cruise is next to me on my right and her Peter is the tall gentleman standing between us. My DH is seated on my other side, not in the photo. I just knew we had to be there at the same time... at least once. ;)

Wow Kathleen, you have good eyes. I hadn't noticed our silhouettes in the background before, but you are right! We sure had a good time with you and David at all the parties. My email is simpkins1089@comcast.net. Hope to cruise with you two in the future.

You deserve all the kind words for all the pleasure and info you are giving everyone and yes if you got a dollar for each....hmmm...but anyway to answer your question, I have been teaching real estate onboard Celebrity for the past ten years to a group of realtors from Springfield IL who receive continuing education credit for taking the classes....We have really had a great time...I am a realtor here since 1987 and was an el ed teacher before that so now also list, sell, and teach real estate...I have not been on the Silli before but have been on Equinox and Solstice past couple years...love the S Class. We are in Aqua and will be eating in Blu again and I really love the windows which you caught with your camera! Thanks again and if you are ever in Springfield, IL be sure you come to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum--it is top notch!

Cool, thanks for the info.

I am sure you will have a lot of fun on the Silli, great ship!

SOLD!!!! I wanted to try this on our Millie cruise this summer and now I KNOW I have to! Even if we are a little crowded - it all just looks soooooooo yummy! What is the cover charge for Qsine? Is it $40?

$45, a little high...

Well I have finally caught up in your fabulous review. This looks like an amazing ship. You have made the most out of a poor week of weather and this trip review is as great as your Allure one. I can't wait for the NCL report as my kids are bugging me to go on Allure or try the Breakaway! Have a great Sunday to you, mom, and your bf!

Barb

We are also very curious to find out how Breakaway will compare to the Allure. I guess soon I will find out :)

That zipline looks awesome! :D

Agree, I thought about trying it, but could not make my mind :D