European adapters

RichardandMark

We are sailing Luftner, The Brilliant. on Dec. 4th ... has anyone needed those electrical adapters on board any of the River cruise vessels you have sailed on? and, an added question,,, do the ships have any coffee makers in the cabins?

Thanks ahead for any thoughts.

We did AMA Burgundy and Provence and don't remember having a coffee maker in the cabin. We did have internet and a spacious room.

Also, coffee was available, you just had to leave the room to pick it up. Had we had a coffee machine, we probably would not have used it.

I have been on 12 river cruises and there has never been a coffee maker in the room. I think that any electrical item that COULD cause a fire is prohibited, just as irons (and candles) are.

I have a small bag of adaptors that I carry with me any time I travel to Europe. I even have one for the airplane :D. They are very cheap and easy to pack, so I carry 3 or 4.

Yes, you will need plug adapters for your electronics. Check your electrical devices to see if the are 110v or 220 v. Most newer devices are dual voltage but it would say so. If not you may need a converter.

Most travel stores at the mall will have the correct adapters. I believe they may come in a series like northern europe, southern europe, UK, etc. Most ships use a 2 prong round plug.

I can't remember if we had a coffee maker in the cabin but there was coffee/tea etc available 24/7 in our rear lounge.

Have fun!

We had a recent discussion about this in another thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1808300

Although Luftner isn't as well-known or as commonly discussed as Viking, I hope the comments in this thread combined with what Luftner tells you online, in a brochure or by calling them (or your TA) will be helpful.

Enjoy the cruise in December, and please write a review when you get back! I'm sure lots of us would like to know more about Luftner.

Archived