What does my dream mean?

sardensav

Hi all

Last night I had a strange Cunard dream - I'd welcome any interpretations! (Other than stop reading CC last thing at night!)

My husband and I were at Southampton waiting to board QM2. For some reason, I didn't know our stateroom number as it had not been allocated in advance. Anyway, it was very busy and we seemed to be in a queue for hours. Eventually we boarded but there were only 2 lifts on the whole ship so it was complete chaos. People were pushing and shoving and no-one seemed to know where they were going. I suddenly thought that we could use the stairs, but realised that I didn't know our stateroom number. I asked my husband to check the room card and we had been allocated 13001. At this point I was very disappointed as I assumed it was right at the front and so high up. I remember that we were speculating about whether it was an upgrade, as we had booked Britannia. That's all I remember...

I'm hoping this means that I am going to be travelling on Cunard sooner than planned (next booked is Xmas) - hopefully not in 13001 though!

Regards

Sarah

PS I did eat some cheese yesterday evening too!

I think you have a strange premonition concerning the new cabins that are going to be dumped somewhere on the top decks of QM2. A number of crew on board have informed me within the last month that they have been told quite definitely that new cabins will be added in that location. It may well be that the cabin numbers will include 13001 if deck 13 is involved.

Do you predict lottery numbers as well? If so do tell.;)

Louise

Freaky as they are the single roomed cabin numbers that are to be installed in the dummy funnels of my new ships!!

My thoughts are dreams are dreams but there will always be an intrepretation that folks can and will apply to them that will somehow match a given situation.

My thoughts on dreams are that you look at the emotions involved, not necessarily the situations. (The setting can often be taken out of something that has happened in the last day or two, but does not necessarily reflect the 'meaning' of the dream.) It sounds to me as though yours was a dream of uncertainty or feeling pushed around. After a dream like that I would think about whether or not there's an area of my life where I'm feeling like that. The dream is your subconscious processing those feelings.

Despite that, I hope you get to cruise sooner than Christmas!

I think you have a strange premonition concerning the new cabins that are going to be dumped somewhere on the top decks of QM2. A number of crew on board have informed me within the last month that they have been told quite definitely that new cabins will be added in that location...

I don't doubt you were told that, but about the only thing they might do is convert the underused sports center to cabin space. According to the ship's architect she is already maxed out:

During the course of her nearly 40 year career, QE2 changed considerably... Does Queen Mary 2 have the ability to make such structural changes?

"With the commercial pressures on this ship to maximize everything because of the extra cost of building it, I took it to what I felt was the absolute limit. To add things on now would be very difficult. She has a tremendous reserve of stability and everything else. But for the places that she has to get to, like [going up the Mersey to Liverpool] or going up the Elbe to Hamburg, you cannot add much more to the ship before that becomes compromised. I am sure that in 20 years or whatever, they may try and add but they have to be very careful about what they do because it was designed to almost the limit right from the outset." - Stephen Payne

...it was very busy and we seemed to be in a queue for hours. Eventually we boarded but there were only 2 lifts on the whole ship so it was complete chaos. People were pushing and shoving and no-one seemed to know where they were going.

Are you sure you weren't on a Carnival ship by mistake? :D

Hi all

Last night I had a strange Cunard dream - I'd welcome any interpretations! (Other than stop reading CC last thing at night!)

My husband and I were at Southampton waiting to board QM2. For some reason, I didn't know our stateroom number as it had not been allocated in advance. Anyway, it was very busy and we seemed to be in a queue for hours. Eventually we boarded but there were only 2 lifts on the whole ship so it was complete chaos. People were pushing and shoving and no-one seemed to know where they were going. I suddenly thought that we could use the stairs, but realised that I didn't know our stateroom number. I asked my husband to check the room card and we had been allocated 13001. At this point I was very disappointed as I assumed it was right at the front and so high up. I remember that we were speculating about whether it was an upgrade, as we had booked Britannia. That's all I remember...

I'm hoping this means that I am going to be travelling on Cunard sooner than planned (next booked is Xmas) - hopefully not in 13001 though!

Regards

Sarah

PS I did eat some cheese yesterday evening too!

Sounds a lot like the QM2 Maiden Voyage.:eek:

I had a dream last night in which Saint Peter opened the pearly gates to my Q1 for 15 May, Queen Victoria to the Adriatic.

A most well deserved and long overdue promotion to sainthood, Sir Peter, if I may say so.

Sir Martin

Sir Martin, there are certain steps to Canonization. I'm sure your new BFF wouldn't want to jump the Q

...you might want to mention something about Him being heroic, miracles... something in that order. You know, drag it out a bit, lay it on heavy.

I think you all were trying to stay as far away as possible from the dreaded 8129!

If a future table mate ever disclosed that they were in 8129, I am quite sure I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. Cue the knowing glances and muffled laughter. :)

I had a dream last night in which Saint Peter opened the pearly gates to my Q1 for 15 May, Queen Victoria to the Adriatic.

A most well deserved and long overdue promotion to sainthood, Sir Peter, if I may say so.

Sir Martin

Sir M,

I totally agree - it is as clear as daylight to me, now that you have pointed it out, that the blessed Sir Peter is indeed the latter day incarnation of Saint Peter.

And that, in the great race for Q1s, rather puts me at the head of the field I think.

For one thing I reside in York, home of York Minster, or as it is more formally known, The Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of St Peter in York.

Not only that, but during the course of my Army career I twice served in 2nd Infantry Division whose emblem...

2_divcopy_zpsfcaae7be.jpg

...consists of Saint Peter's keys.

So St Pete, this is your old mate JC here, you won't forget that Q1 will you? Queen Victoria out of Soton on 13 September this year. Much appreciated.

J

So St Pete, this is your old mate JC here, you won't forget that Q1 will you? Queen Victoria out of Soton on 13 September this year. Much appreciated.

J

I wish you well with your supplications, but what reason have you to believe that St Pete is the person you should be addressing with your interminable requests?

Do you not know that upgrades are obtained from another quarter entirely?

I wish you well with your supplications, but what reason have you to believe that St Pete is the person you should be addressing with your interminable requests?

Do you not know that upgrades are obtained from another quarter entirely?

If you are referring to MartiMaritime (cheap cruises for distressed gentlefolk, upgrades our speciality, never knowingly undersold), then I'm afraid their admin fee for the upgrade is a little on the dear side for little ole moi.

J

If you are referring to MartiMaritime (cheap cruises for distressed gentlefolk, upgrades our speciality, never knowingly undersold), then I'm afraid their admin fee for the upgrade is a little on the dear side for little ole moi.

J

No, I am certainly not referring to them. I understand that no matter the passenger's original ship or destination, MartiMaritime always upgrades their passengers to cabin 8129 on QM2 (and we know what that entails).

I am referring to sources within Cunard itself.

Hello everyone and thanks for responding to my message. Some interesting ideas!

I'm still not sure what the dream really means, other than it's got me checking the Cunard website for special offers as I don't think I can wait until December for my next Cunard experience! :)

Regards

Sarah

Archived