Flying back from Miami to Toronto, how early do you have to be at the airport.

Mrbluray

I know that from Toronto to Miami, they recommend that you be at the airport 3 hours before your flight because you actually clear US Customs while still in Toronto...

but does anyone have any experience flying from Miami to Toronto? How early do you need to be at the airport before your flight?

I know that from Toronto to Miami, they recommend that you be at the airport 3 hours before your flight because you actually clear US Customs while still in Toronto...

but does anyone have any experience flying from Miami to Toronto? How early do you need to be at the airport before your flight?

Generally 2 hours ahead is ok for international flights. You clear customs at pearson when you get back in. Security can be hit or miss at Miami plus the terminals are large, depending on which airline you fly! When we flew back to Toronto in Feb we were there 2 hours ahead and it was more than enough to get food, go through security and hang out at the gate.

2 hours is lots to be at the Miami airport...

I would get there at least two hours before. I am not sure what class of service you are flying but if it is coach lines can be long getting through security.

Definitely do the two hours and if you don't want to feel stressed get there even earlier then that.

Keith

When we flew back from Miami in Dec and FLL in March, Air Canada would only allow you to checkin 3 hours in advance. In FLL, we had our boarding tickets and it took us 1/2 hour just to get to the counter to checkin our luggage.

With the TSA problems they are having in the States, make sure you leave plenty of time to go through screening.

Archived