Has anyone done a kayak or bike tour in Key West?

SNL4

I am looking at either kayaking (using Kayak Kings of Key West) or a bike tour (Key Lime bike tours) during our brief stop at Key West in a few weeks (7:30am-2pm). Does anyone have experience/thoughts on taking either of these tours? P.S. I would be setting either up on my own; neither are through the cruise line.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done both kayaking and SUP'ing in Key West and looking at the King's web page http://kayakkingskeywest.com/mangroves-and-salt-ponds-tour/ I think I've SUP'ed through there. It's very interesting and chances are you will see several small things - starfish, birds, - and get an eco talk as you progress. I always prefer getting out onto the water but YMMV

Pjk

• 2 weeks later...

We did bike riding on our own and it was great. We rented from a place close to Duval St. (can't remember the name). There are a number of places to rent bikes. I remember it was fairly inexpensive and we got to see so much in a short period of time. Would definitely recommend it.

• 2 months later...

We are hoping to go kayaking and rent bikes for our stop in Key West. We are looking at the 2 hour tour with Lazy Dogs for kayaking. Has anyone done this tour? We figure we will see more of what we want if we rent bikes and go on our own with a map.

• 1 month later...

We did the kayak tour with lazy dogs aug 2012 through carnival. Our whole family really enjoyed it. They shuttled us over in 2 vans. Lots of ecological info. A really interesting tour. Pretty easy kayaking with lots of breaks where we sat and listened to the guides or passed around a sea creature.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived