The Kickball Cruise from Hell – Inspiration April 5-8, 2013.

JD4Nati

When I booked our upcoming cruise, I googled it and it was a QUILTING cruise! (gulp!) :eek:

I've really thought about a few of the quilting cruises (and I'm not a typical quilter- I am only 30...) but realized I'd have to give up my sea days, that's not fun at all.

And while they won't be crazy disruptive like this kickball cruise apparently was, you'd probably lose multiple lounges or common rooms to them. They generally have at least 2 rooms with sewing machines set up, and often a gathering room. That can effect the enjoyment of a cruise- which is why any large group can really suck.

At least Carnival had enough common sense not to have the Baptist group and the Satanic worship group sailing on the same date and ship.... :eek:

Now THAT would have been some party cruise! :p

...of BIBLICAL proportions. (see what I did there) :p;)

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all the new members to CC who joined just to comment on this thread.

:)

LMAO! Duckie, you always see things from a different perspective. :D

I will say that if Carnival and RCCL choose to market themselves as family cruise lines, they need to step up their security protocol and get serious about policing out of control behavior. Considering their current marketing strategy, I can honestly say I would expect a more "lively" cruise during spring break, however, I would also expect stepped up measures to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere. This is where Carnival dropped the (kick)ball. It wasn't their bartenders at fault, it was their security. Had they wanted to, they could have debarked the most offensive at Ensenada.

This has been an enjoyable read, but it seems everyone has their heels dug in and the mud slinging is getting out of control. I'll just slink back to the Celebrity board and see what is getting stirred up over there. :p

I still regret missing the first leg of that B2B with the cross dressers.;)

Those pictures were great. Since it was a group cruise you can bet carnival will know when each of them is sailing again....and will make them feel very special when they go through each suitcase with a fine tooth comb on any future cruise. Takes the heat off the rest of us.

I know a dope that can't check into a disney resort for something he did 15 years ago when he was in his twenties. All his kids want to do is stay there....sad actually.

I am a WAKA kickball player that was also on this cruise. So unlike other WAKA players that have posted on this thread I was actually there.

Upfront I would like to say that there are a lot of great people in the WAKA organization that spent a lot of time planning this, and other great events. The numbers referenced from the WAKA cruise facebook page don't surprise me at all. With any large organization you are going to have a few "bad eggs", it just unfortunate that a lot of those "bad eggs" were on this cruise. I would say the majority of kickballers are regular professional people (in their 20's - 40's) looking to socialize and have a good time with other professional people. That being said this cruise was billed as a "Spring Break Booze Cruise", so the majority of the kickballers on it were the small percentage of "bad eggs" that play. Did I have a drink or two? sure. But unlike most of my fellow kickballers I know when you cut myself off. I know how to watch my mouth around children. I know how to pay attention during security drills. I was, and am embarrassed by the majority of kickballers that went on this cruise. It's as if someone told them that to remain "cool" after collage they had to act 21 forever, and there is nothing as sad as seeing a bunch of late 20's - 40's children stumbling around a ship (the sea was a bit rocky on Sunday, but I blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol).

As to the comment about the facebook group seeming proud of their behavior. You are exactly right. They are, in fact, proud of it. They (When I saw "They" I mean the "bad eggs" not all WAKA players) think it's cool to act that way.

I know I will get a lot of **** about this post, but it needed to be said. Theses "bad eggs" give us all (WAKA) a bad name. I hope Carnival does ban the group from going again. I certainly wouldn't go on another cruise with them.

No, of course the people on board can be searched! I meant the FB group that was referenced in many posts near the beginning of the thread can no longer be pulled up. I wanted to see the post bragging about how many hours it took the first kickballer to have his sail & sign cut off from more alcohol, the number arrested for narcotics, etc. Some admin in their group must have considered it all light hearted fun or a proud moment.

The FB page and the accompanying photos were all about being proud of the "no more drinking for you" S&S cards, the arrests, etc. The cumulative amount of pictured liquor smuggled on board by the group would have been nearly a half keg, so I'm sure that the sanctioned S&S card bunch still had lots of options from enablers.

I actually was able to search some of the members before it was made private. One young woman has a very responsible position with a local college.....hours later, even her personal FB page was either gone or made unsearchable on FB....a good example of what the behavior of "others" can force you to do to protect yourself.....

JoshyT, it's nice to read a post from someone in WAKA that takes some responsibility & isn't snottily blaming their behavior on Carnival. Or blaming people for taking their children on a cruise during spring break.

Yep the ones who went ape did wreck it for the rest of your group.

I am a WAKA kickball player that was also on this cruise. So unlike other WAKA players that have posted on this thread I was actually there.

Upfront I would like to say that there are a lot of great people in the WAKA organization that spent a lot of time planning this, and other great events. The numbers referenced from the WAKA cruise facebook page don't surprise me at all. With any large organization you are going to have a few "bad eggs", it just unfortunate that a lot of those "bad eggs" were on this cruise. I would say the majority of kickballers are regular professional people (in their 20's - 40's) looking to socialize and have a good time with other professional people. That being said this cruise was billed as a "Spring Break Booze Cruise", so the majority of the kickballers on it were the small percentage of "bad eggs" that play. Did I have a drink or two? sure. But unlike most of my fellow kickballers I know when you cut myself off. I know how to watch my mouth around children. I know how to pay attention during security drills. I was, and am embarrassed by the majority of kickballers that went on this cruise. It's as if someone told them that to remain "cool" after collage they had to act 21 forever, and there is nothing as sad as seeing a bunch of late 20's - 40's children stumbling around a ship (the sea was a bit rocky on Sunday, but I blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol).

As to the comment about the facebook group seeming proud of their behavior. You are exactly right. They are, in fact, proud of it. They (When I saw "They" I mean the "bad eggs" not all WAKA players) think it's cool to act that way.

I know I will get a lot of **** about this post, but it needed to be said. Theses "bad eggs" give us all (WAKA) a bad name. I hope Carnival does ban the group from going again. I certainly wouldn't go on another cruise with them.

You will not get any =#)_ from me or any of the regular members of this board for calling out your ill behaved "friends". I appreciate your honesty and obvious maturity, too bad those bad eggs do not share your sense of responsibility.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Well, my kudos may not give you much credit with the "cool" kids, but congratulations for standing up for your RIGHT to be a decent adult and to refuse to be painted with the sullied brush.

Exactly what I said in an earlier post--it's always the few that ruin it for the many, and often the many refuse to take those few to task so that it doesn't happen again.

I hope that others with your insight will speak up and make sure that any future WAKA group cruisers understand that this type of behavior will NOT be tolerated by the mother organization OR by the individual chapters-- and that when such behavior is brought to the attention of "higher ups", the violators will be sanctioned/banned from WAKA.

Sound severe? Yep--but it may be the only way to keep the organization from repercussions from several sources (Carnival, law enforcement, etc.).

If the trash needs to be taken to the curb, so be it.

Archived