Carnival Triumph

mollynmax

Well don't hold me to this but I think it will be back in Texas next week. Carnival is dispatching John Heald to Galveston on June 12th. The whisper is that it has something to do with the Triumph. The Carnival web site has June 22nd as it's first official sailing.

According to ship tracking, the Triumph has sailed from Freeport this morning. The map showed it in the Caribbean heading towards the gulf. Now it turned and heading back to Freeport. Hopefully just doing some tests.

Destination says Galveston on 6/11

Almost afraid to ask, but does anybody know anything about the status of the Triumph? I am booked with a couple of newbies, not just to Carnival, but to cruising, and quite frankly, they are freaking out! Any suggestions as to who I might contact to see what is going on? Our cruise is not set until 12-2, but that is their anniversary week, and if we don't have a ship, we would like to cancel Triumph and re-schedule on another ship out of Galveston (a must - we don't have the time off from work to drive to another port, like New Orleans, MS, or FL). I know this is off in the distance, and if it was just us, I would not be concerned - I know that Carnival will have SOMETHING out of Galveston in December, but like I said, my friends are freaking out!!! Thanks!!!

She is underway to Galveston as I type this.

Almost afraid to ask, but does anybody know anything about the status of the Triumph? I am booked with a couple of newbies, not just to Carnival, but to cruising, and quite frankly, they are freaking out! Any suggestions as to who I might contact to see what is going on? Our cruise is not set until 12-2, but that is their anniversary week, and if we don't have a ship, we would like to cancel Triumph and re-schedule on another ship out of Galveston (a must - we don't have the time off from work to drive to another port, like New Orleans, MS, or FL). I know this is off in the distance, and if it was just us, I would not be concerned - I know that Carnival will have SOMETHING out of Galveston in December, but like I said, my friends are freaking out!!! Thanks!!!

Magic is still sailing out of Galveston and has been all along. She has 3 different 7 day itineraries. It's a lovely ship - my favorite. Triumph is scheduled back for a June 13th cruise and since John Heald is due on June 12th, I'm guessing it's because of Triumph. Princess and Norwegian are both slated to sail from the Houston terminal, not Galveston, late this fall. I read somewhere that Disney is pulling out, but I cannot remember where I saw that. With Navigator in Galveston year round, we should have some good choices. I just wish they could offer some different itineraries.

Princess and Norwegian are both slated to sail from the Houston terminal, not Galveston, late this fall

Princess will be sailing out of Houston this fall, NCL will be sailing next fall and in 2015. Disney is pulling out at the end of this year. They made the decision almost as soon as they arrived in Galveston. They were supposed to sail from there through the spring of next year but aren't going to honor that.

Archived