Itinerary changes

arone

I'll be getting on the Sensation in 9 days , got an email with some changes we are now staying in Nassau until 1 am and coming back a day late

Does anybody know why the changes?

They've been doing this for a while now. It makes it nice for people who don't want to rush back to the ship. No reason given and I don't know why they aren't changing the itinerary to reflect that. You would think it would be easier than sending out emails to thousands of people on those cruises

They've been doing this for a while now. It makes it nice for people who don't want to rush back to the ship. No reason given and I don't know why they aren't changing the itinerary to reflect that. You would think it would be easier than sending out emails to thousands of people on those cruises

The coming back a day late is rather surprising

The coming back a day late is rather surprising

I don't get the day late thing, how can they do that? Are they going to reimburse people for the change in air cost or what about people who have to get back to work? This sounds odd.

I thought the same as Midwestgal. How could they possibly do that? What about all the people who will miss their flights home? ....Are you certain that you're reading everything correctly?

I'm inclined to think that the April 21 Sensation cruise always was a four night cruise, returning on the 25th. Because the Sensation goes out on another cruise on the 25th. (This follows it's usual alternating 3 and 4 night schedule. )Your only change would be the time you leave Nassau. (It would say you're leaving a day late, since one am is technically the next day, but still arriving in home port the originally intended day.)

I just read your roll call and it looks like you are just confused. They haven't changed anything with the length of your cruise, they only gave you a few more hours in Nassau. It's still a 4 day cruise. You will be leaving Nassau after you go to sleep Wednesday night and you will wake up and have a sea day just like you would have done if they hadn't given you more time in Nassau.

The itinerary listed looks like you have an extra day because it lists that you leave Nassau at 1AM Wednesday morning (which means an hour after midnight Tuesday). It then lists Wednesday again because Wednesday is a sea day. The same say is just listed twice. They didn't add an extra day.

Arone, are you perhaps new to cruising? I ask this because people who haven't cruised often don't realize that cruises are labeled by the number of nights, as opposed to hotel and resort vacations which are usually advertised by the number of days.

Meaning a 4 day resort stay gives you only 4 days / 3 nights. (which is deceptive because you only get a little part of the first and last days. Now, on a cruise you still loose much of the first and last days, but they state what you actually get, and that is the number of NIGHTS.

Arone, are you perhaps new to cruising? I ask this because people who haven't cruised often don't realize that cruises are labeled by the number of nights, as opposed to hotel and resort vacations which are usually advertised by the number of days.

Meaning a 4 day resort stay gives you only 4 days / 3 nights. (which is deceptive because you only get a little part of the first and last days. Now, on a cruise you still loose much of the first and last days, but they state what you actually get, and that is the number of NIGHTS.

Yes This is my first cruise now I understand how it works thanks

Archived