Copenhagen Questions

We will be arriving in Copenhagen at 6am on June 20 for a cruise on the NCL Star leaving June 21. We could like to buy the Copenhagen Card. Do you recommend purchasing in advance or simply purchasing it at the airport? We will use it for the train ride in and for the entire day of sightseeing. What is the best way to get from the city to the ship? Thank you for any advise you can provide!

I keep reading about these cards, what are they? Card vs, HOHO card?

Explain please.

We will be arriving in Copenhagen at 6am on June 20 for a cruise on the NCL Star leaving June 21. We could like to buy the Copenhagen Card. Do you recommend purchasing in advance or simply purchasing it at the airport? We will use it for the train ride in and for the entire day of sightseeing. What is the best way to get from the city to the ship? Thank you for any advise you can provide!

The Copenhagen Card gives you free use of public transit and admission to about 80 different attractions. HOHO refers to the Hop On Hop Off bus. You pay a set price to get on and off the company's bus at certain attraction sights on a specified route. You pay for the attraction separately if there is a cost.

There is a thread called "Wonderful Copenhagen." A lot of these questions are asked and answered there.

We decided to order the Copenhagen Card in advance. It comes with a book showing which sites are covered with info about them. We thought it would be useful to have that in advance.

The best way to get from the city to the ship probably depends on where you are staying. I'm assuming the Star is docked the same place it will be when we are on it in June. We are staying near the main train station and plan to take bus 26 which goes from the train station/Tivoli Gardens area to the port. The stop near the port is called Kalkbrænderihavnsgade.

We bought ours in advance but that was because there is no where at the port to buy it. If you are arriving via air I would just wait until the airport assumming it is available at the time you are landing.

We bought ours in advance but that was because there is no where at the port to buy it. If you are arriving via air I would just wait until the airport assumming it is available at the time you are landing.

Is the cost around $79 each? Have you read that you really come out buying them? Was also wondering about the cost of taking a bus.

Is the cost around $79 each? Have you read that you really come out buying them? Was also wondering about the cost of taking a bus.

Our two 48-hour cards came to $165.10, which included shipping. Didn't really do the math but figured there is a convenience factor and we would probably end up seeing some things we wouldn't bother seeing if we had to pay separately.

If you order online make sure you use a card with no foreign transaction fee. Maybe obvious to most but I didn't even think of it until I saw a foreign transaction fee on my credit card statement. I could have used a different card and avoided that.

Archived