"Veranda suite"

Mack704

DW and I have cruised on four of the mass market cruise lines in the last 10 years, including attaining elite status in Celebrity's loyalty program.

Next month we are sailing on the Millenium to Alaska. I have been reading reviews and doing other research on the Millenium and other Celebrity ships since we booked several months ago.

I know of no Celebrity cabin/stateroom category "Veranda suite".

In the review of the Millennium I read this morning by EdR2, the reviewer claimed they had a "Veranda suite" that was supposed to be camparable to a larger stateroom. His/her words.

In the heading, they state they were in a C3. In the body they state they were in concierge class.

They're main complaint was the size of the room.

This was their first "X" cruise, but they've been on 20 or so cruises in the last 12 years.

It seems to me the fault is not with Celebrity, but with the reviewer or their TA. Also, with a monicum of research, they would have known the size of their stateroom.

We always book a CC stateroom on Celebrity, but we know what size cabin we're getting.

EdR2, I hope in the future you'll do a little research before booking to avoid disappointment. Try not to let yourself be mislead by your TA, or to mislead yourself.

Happy cruising,

Harvey

Thanks for the pointer....he apparently relied on his TA for information and the TA oversold expectations.

At 190 feet cabin space, the Millennium really has larger cabins than many of the other ships out there. For it's age the Millennium is in pretty good shape although it would have been nice if while in drydock they did some refurbishment rather than just focus on new venues that increased revenue.

I do agree with one statement the reviewer made...we took all private excursions (we were on the same cruise in Feb) and had wonderful guides who spent no time on propaganda...in fact they talked freely about the current government and volunteered that the current "elected" government is just a sham.

Archived