Are all carnival balcony cabins able to sleep 3 people?

We are adding 2 family members to our cruise and the easiest thing to do would be to purchase a 2 person balcony cabin. The problem is that 3 people may sleep there. I wondered if the couch in the balcony rooms can always be turned into a bed?

We would be doing this to avoid change fees and to avoid losing our current cabin- our cruise is just around the corner. Also, the 2 added people couldn't be roommates so we need to shuffle.

I planned to give the cabin steward for the 2 person cabin some extra cash on the first and last days to make up for the added person.

So, can the couch in balcony rooms be turned into a bed? And is there any chance the room steward would rat us out for the extra person?

Thanks for any help!

We are adding 2 family members to our cruise and the easiest thing to do would be to purchase a 2 person balcony cabin. The problem is that 3 people may sleep there. I wondered if the couch in the balcony rooms can always be turned into a bed?

We would be doing this to avoid change fees and to avoid losing our current cabin- our cruise is just around the corner. Also, the 2 added people couldn't be roommates so we need to shuffle.

I planned to give the cabin steward for the 2 person cabin some extra cash on the first and last days to make up for the added person.

So, can the couch in balcony rooms be turned into a bed? And is there any chance the room steward would rat us out for the extra person?

Thanks for any help!

So how is this extra person going to get on the ship without their own cabin.:confused:

They are currently in a 4 person cabin. Everyone is paid for, we are just moving around...

I have 7461 ext aft on Breeze for next cruise and it is for only 2 people. There is no couch, I believe. Check the symbols for the cabins and read the accompanying chart and it will tell you how many people can fit in the cabin.

Also be aware that if you book 2 people in a 3 pax cabin, Carnival reserves the right to move you if they need the space. Good luck!

Not all sofas make up into beds. So if you're in a 2 person cabin that has one of those sofas, the extra person would be just sleeping on it as a couch. I don't know whether the cabin steward would go along with having an third person in a 2 person cabin, but he/she probably shouldn't go along with it and there's a chance it could be reported to a supervisor. It would probably be better to move to a balcony cabin that can legally accommodate 3 people. Just my opinion.

some cabins ghave a love set type sofa cabins that HAVE SOFA BEDSSS THEY ARE CONVERTIBLE SOFAS not the kind that pulls mout. if your cabin only hol.ds 2 people the sofa does not convert to the bed. go to the deck plan and see what symbols are insdie the cabin numbe5555 once onboarrrd you go to the pursers desk and ask for cabin keys and move the peopleeee aroujnd to wwhere they need to be

We tried to add a 3rd person to our cove balcony on the Dream, our kids were right next to us, and they had to move them 7 doors down to get a 3 person cabin. Come to think of it..the sofas look a little shorter than the real beds, so some of the sofas must be longer.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to talk with my PVP tomorrow when he gets in to see what he can do. I think we'll probably switch to two three person rooms. I just hate to loose my spa balcony (4 person) for a lower level room and probably pay more for it due to change fees! It would have been great just to book the new room with the sale prices...

Thanks for any help!

No, not all balcony cabins have the sofas to turn into a bed. I have have stayed in them.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to talk with my PVP tomorrow when he gets in to see what he can do. I think we'll probably switch to two three person rooms. I just hate to loose my spa balcony (4 person) for a lower level room and probably pay more for it due to change fees! It would have been great just to book the new room with the sale prices...

You will not necessarily have to pay a change fee. It depends on the category of the cabins. As long as you are moving from one cabin to another within the same category, there won't be a change fee. If the 2 person cabin that you want to move someone into is a higher category than the one this person is moving from, you will have to pay the price difference between the 2 rates for a 3rd person, but you won't have to pay a change fee.

Archived