My Island Breeze Picture Review. (4/7/13-4/13/13) Carnival Breeze

SPKEMO

Here's the deal on the patty. It reminds me of 'Five Guys'. I live in southern California so we also have 'In-n-Out' here. IMO, In-n-Out blows Fives Guys away every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

The burger is free so, I hate that I'm really ripping it apart. I just feel, that even for 5,000 people, there can be some tweaks to it that can make it off the charts.

I knew the chips were pressed bacon but, how is that any different then just putting actual bacon the the burger. Why not have an actual pig patty. 50% ground chuck and 50% ground bacon. That would make a lot more sense.

The onion ring is soggy because they try to keep them hot in a steamer. Why not just keep them in an oven at 400F. That would keep it crispy and prevent it from getting soggy.

I understand that they probably have to cook the patties on a flat top because you can't have an open flame I would assume. If that is the case, I can let how greasy they are slide because there just isn't much you can do about it.

Just my thoughts.

OMG, I was not impressed with In & Out. I wasn't impressed with 5 Guys either, but I did have 5 Guys on the East Coast; maybe I need to try one here :confused: But I did like the fries.

I would put Red Robin over In & Out. And after the disappointment with In & Out, I was scared to try a Fat Burger.

The best hamburger places no longer exist in Houston; Prince's (not the new one; it's a joke) and Del Taco. There are Del Taco's in CA and I got excited when I saw one, but they don't serve burgers. :(

Right on! Love the updates!!

Been to Grand Turk a few times...never knew about Pillory Beach but its on the list now. Also, the Bohio Dive Resort has an amazing beach and beach bar too if anyone is interested in getting away from the cruise port. Excellent conch fritters too.

I had always been curious about the lamb chops in the Steakhouse. I usually order the filet but will have to try the lamb next time. :D

Loved the review; I know you're not done yet, but I loved it!

I like your take on food too. I did the Chef's Table on Victory in October; the same menu was used. You guys had a break in between your meals. Everything we did happened in the galley (appetizers, making of the cake everyone oohs and ahs over, and a history of the kitchen and separate kitchen for the crew). Our meal was served in the library.

And thank you for telling me what the bread was; I loved it!!!!!!!! Bread is one of my weaknesses.

I too hated that soup dish, but I must add that I hate apple sauce and apple juice. I didn't like my hen either; it was too dry, but I don't recall getting the glaze for mine. I'll have to look at my pictures.

I'm doing the steakhouse for my birthday on Valor; if I really enjoy it, I'm doing the Steakhouse on Breeze too!

Can't wait for your next installment.

Oh, and you took some amazing photos!

Great review! Sorry if I missed it, are you in the food industry, like a chef? Thanks for taking the time to write all the fun details!

Yes and yes to your questions. I mainly do consulting work for chefs and restaurants now.

Shoot' date=' I want that drink right now! And I have to keep telling myself you're a guy. A couple of times you'd say something in your review that gives me puzzled looks because I keep thinking that your wife is the one writing this. :D:o

I'm just on page two, but I'm so enjoying your review. I'll be on Breeze in October, but I'm doing the Exotic S. Caribbean route.

EDIT: THINKING ABOUT YOUR DRINK MADE ME FORGET THAT I WAS ON PAGE 4 OF YOUR REVIEW AND NOT PAGE 2.[/quote']

Haha, what makes you think I'm a girl? I'm confused by this notion.

Glad you like the review though.

Haha, what makes you think I'm a girl? I'm confused by this notion.

Glad you like the review though.

Maybe it's because most reviews (or the ones I've read) have been written by women. So when you sometimes say things that would lead me to believe you were male, I'd be confused for a moment. :o:D:p

But I have it clear now; the review is being written by a guy. So, maybe my short term memory failed me, because I have a nagging feeling that you mentioned it in the beginning of the review (and I'm not going back to page 1 to verify it :D).

The last day on the ship was a sea day. Time to check out all I have missed.

Pool action in the morning for my wife.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto4_500.jpg

Time to try the hot dog stand.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto2_500.jpg

I pretty much hated the hot dogs. Mushy and just not tasty. No snap to the dog which, in my opinion, is the key to a good dog.

Next up was Fat Jimmy's.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Really liked this place. Kinda got a little of everything.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto3_500.jpg

I liked everything. Very tasty and very flavorful.

Fat Jim's is a great addition in my opinion.

After a full day at the pool, it was time to head back to the room and get ready for the steakhouse night #2.

continued -----

Wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation with us :)

For what it's worth, my hubby didn't think Guy's Burgers was that great either.

Am thinking that my next Carnival cruise will be on the Breeze.

Looking forward to the rest of your report and pics.

Next up was our main courses.

My wife ordered the broiled Filet Mignon.

tumblr_mlgqt4kiHt1soq9zto2_500.jpg

9 oz cut of perfectly cooked overpriced beef. Haha, I’m not the biggest fan of the tenderloin cut. But, my wife liked it and again, it was PERFECTLY cooked.

I ordered the grilled Lamb Chops.

tumblr_mlgqt4kiHt1soq9zto3_500.jpg

Wowzer. These were good. Perfectly cooked lamb with a rosemary rub. These were phenomenal.

For our side we both got the Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabe Horseradish

tumblr_mlgqt4kiHt1soq9zto1_500.jpg

The problem with the side is that they give you SO much food that it’s hard to eat the side. The couple bites I had of them they were good. Silky smooth with a perfcet hit of horseradish.

I ended my dinner with the cheese plate.

tumblr_mlgqt4kiHt1soq9zto5_500.jpg

Perfect end to an excellent meal. A great mix of 5 different cheeses along with grapes, bread, and water crackers.

My wife got the Chocolate Sampler.

tumblr_mlgqt4kiHt1soq9zto4_500.jpg

She loved it.

The bartender took a picture of us when dessert came.

tumblr_mlgqw7Grvb1soq9zto1_500.jpg

We were stuffed!!!

Those look great, I do have a question on the picture of the Grilled Lamb Chops, what are those 3 pieces of sliced meat in front of the lamb chops

• 2 months later...

What happened to the end? I was waiting for the second night of the steakhouse at the end of the review!

Great review so far, by the way! We are on the Legend and I came to read the reviews of the 2.0 upgrades that the Legend is supposed to get also next year before we sail!

What happened to the end? I was waiting for the second night of the steakhouse at the end of the review!

Great review so far, by the way! We are on the Legend and I came to read the reviews of the 2.0 upgrades that the Legend is supposed to get also next year before we sail!

Sorry work has been crazy. I need to get this finished.

The last day on the ship was a sea day. Time to check out all I have missed.

Pool action in the morning for my wife.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto4_500.jpg

Time to try the hot dog stand.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto2_500.jpg

I pretty much hated the hot dogs. Mushy and just not tasty. No snap to the dog which, in my opinion, is the key to a good dog.

Next up was Fat Jimmy's.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Really liked this place. Kinda got a little of everything.

tumblr_mlgra61gAY1soq9zto3_500.jpg

I liked everything. Very tasty and very flavorful.

Fat Jim's is a great addition in my opinion.

After a full day at the pool, it was time to head back to the room and get ready for the steakhouse night #2.

continued -----

Can I ask what are those little glass thingies are in the pool picture?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

Archived