My Island Breeze Picture Review. (4/7/13-4/13/13) Carnival Breeze

SPKEMO

I just did some research and found out that Currents has been discontinued all together. Do you still receive it online?

This is the link where I got my information.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/258294/1333946.aspx

I'm sorry, I just went and checked my email and it's ************* Currents. Totally different from Carnivals currents. :(

Hey, we were on that cruise with you! My wife and I were on our honeymoon cruise and spent a lot of time at Serenity, Lido Aft and Seaside Theater Deck 11. We had a great time! I loved looking at your photos! We are hooked now for sure! Already looking to book our next cruise! We were both amazed at how great the customer service was..!! It's like nothing we've ever experienced before...

Dave

Thanks for the review, it's nice to see a fresh take on the Breeze! We are flying out from LAX to Miami in 46 days for our Breeze cruise...can't wait! Please keep the pics coming!

One question, a lot of people are talking about the rocking of the Breeze from side to side, did you notice any unusual movement on the ship?

My wife and I were on this same cruise, and the ship did rock a bit, although, we have nothing to compare it to since it was our first cruise. Someone told me that ginger root capsules will prevent seasickness, so we bought a bottle of them in Miami before getting on the ship. Take one capsule with every meal and you should be fine. We definitely noticed the ship's movement, but had no issues whatsoever with seasickness. I think the ginger pills worked great..!!

Dave

Monday was Fun day at sea

Tuesday was Grand Turk - 7 am - 2 pm

Wednesday was Ocho Rios, Jamaica - 11 am - 6 pm

Thursday was Fun day at sea

Friday was Nassau, the Bahamas - 8 am - 5 pm

I enjoyed the new itinerary so much better!! - LOVE Grand Turk!!

We didn't mind the change either. If it were me sick and needed to get to shore, I would hope they would do the same for me. I personally didn't hear anyone complain about the change, but I'm sure some did. We did have an excursion in Nassau planned, which got cancelled, but we didn't really care. I agree, it was almost like having an extra sea day, which I loved..!!

Dave

Thanks for the review! Can you tell me how debarking the ship went for you? I've heard stories about how long it's taking to clear customs now with the government cutbacks etc. We'll be sailing on the Breeze on Sat. and are concerned about our early flights back home.

enjoying your review! You look very young and I see your 1st cruise was in 1993. Did you start cruising as a child?

Yea, I'm 31. I started cruising when I was a kid and never stopped. Love it!!

Thanks for the review! Can you tell me how debarking the ship went for you? I've heard stories about how long it's taking to clear customs now with the government cutbacks etc. We'll be sailing on the Breeze on Sat. and are concerned about our early flights back home.

Cake walk for me. I'm a platinum member so it may not seem fair but, I walked straight to the front of the line to get off the Breeze. As for customs, only took around 15 min to get through.

Very smooth.

Cake walk for me. I'm a platinum member so it may not seem fair but, I walked straight to the front of the line to get off the Breeze. As for customs, only took around 15 min to get through.

Very smooth.

Thanks. We're Platinum too, hopefully we'll be as lucky.

Hi Chef! So, no Guy sightings? ;)

Great review and love your perspective on the food..you and your wife are just gorgeous together.

As soon as I saw the top line of your tilapia pic, I thought "He's a chef, why would he eat a bottom feeder?", then I scroll down and sure enough..your comment about the bottom feeder. LOL!

Hi Chef! So, no Guy sightings? ;)

Great review and love your perspective on the food..you and your wife are just gorgeous together.

As soon as I saw the top line of your tilapia pic, I thought "He's a chef, why would he eat a bottom feeder?", then I scroll down and sure enough..your comment about the bottom feeder. LOL!

Haha, nope, didn't have a Guy sighting.

As for the tilapia, it can be a very good fish. Just needs a little TLC.

It was a beautiful day for lounging by the pool. The weather really was perfect for the whole trip. My wife finally strolled out around noon and was already ready for the day.

tumblr_mlbcfgL2TA1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Around that time, with my cruise stomach in full force, I managed to get over to Guy's Burger Joint.

WARNING!!! This may offend the diehards. Sorry, it's my review!!!

tumblr_mlc397q3Um1soq9zto2_r1_500.jpg

Going into it I was not expecting much. And with that philosophy, I was not let down.

This is what I managed to get:

tumblr_mlc397q3Um1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Guy’s Burgers. If I could only use 1 word it would be……..OVERRATED. They taste like a Red Robin burger. Not a good thing. Onion ring or the ‘righteous rojo ring’ was soggy and bland. Burger was thin, VERY greasy, and overcooked. The bacon was in crumbles. Still no idea way it’s not full strips of bacon (Carnival issue, not Guy issue). The buns we smooched and a weird in-between of toasted and not. The cheese or ‘SMC’ was melted nicely on them and the fries were good. The fries has a nice season on them and were not over or under cooked. I tried to remove my absolute disdain for Guy Ferry while judging this burger. While most may not agree I did this, the burger is just not good. At one point I ordered the the ‘Pig Patty’. They gave me a normal burger with some weird chips on top. Again, not good..and a little confusing. And to top it off, as you wait in line you have to hear Guy Ferry give his best Guy Fieri impersonation where he will constantly talk about his 'donkey sauce'. Not sure the name 'donkey sauce' gives the best visuals while your trying to order some food.

On a side note, if you wait in line for his burger, wait in the line on the left hand side. Away from the center of the ship. This was a much shorter line during the entire cruise.

No offense taken at all, although, I'm happy to say we did not have the same experience. Maybe we just got lucky. I ate there several times, and each time I tried a different burger and loved them all. I thought the ingredients were fresh, delicious and cooked perfectly. Maybe you just got a bad burger that day, that's too bad. I believe the weird little chips on some of the burgers are actually bacon, chopped, pressed together and fried. I thought they were odd, but tasty all the same.....probably not too good for you, though...LOL! I didn't see a line on the left, wish I had, but even the line on the right didn't take me too long to get through.

I awoke early the next morning and was starving. My cruise stomach had finally kicked in. Haha

I headed up to the Lido Deck for a burrito form the Blue Iguana Cantina.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto6_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto4_500.jpg

The ingredients looked fresh and good. It really reminded me of a place like Chipotle.

Ordered my breakfast burrito with jalapeno tortilla, eggs, sausage, hash browns, pico de gallo, cheese, and hot salsa.

It came out looking like a white bullet.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto5_500.jpg

When I took my first bite I quickly realized, what many folks on this board have already said, it was COLD!!!

While it tasted great, I really wish it would have been hot.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto2_500.jpg

I think they should instal a chafing system. That should solve the problem.

The salsa bar was a great. Really anything you need was at your fingertips.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto1_500.jpg

I also ordered huevos rancheros and an arepas.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto3_500.jpg

Those were just so so and would not order them again.

Now that you mention it, the burritos were kind of cold. I didn't really mind it, though, because they were soooo delicious! I think I went down there on three mornings for my glutten indulgement..!!

No offense taken at all, although, I'm happy to say we did not have the same experience. Maybe we just got lucky. I ate there several times, and each time I tried a different burger and loved them all. I thought the ingredients were fresh, delicious and cooked perfectly. Maybe you just got a bad burger that day, that's too bad. I believe the weird little chips on some of the burgers are actually bacon, chopped, pressed together and fried. I thought they were odd, but tasty all the same.....probably not too good for you, though...LOL! I didn't see a line on the left, wish I had, but even the line on the right didn't take me too long to get through.

Here's the deal on the patty. It reminds me of 'Five Guys'. I live in southern California so we also have 'In-n-Out' here. IMO, In-n-Out blows Fives Guys away every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

The burger is free so, I hate that I'm really ripping it apart. I just feel, that even for 5,000 people, there can be some tweaks to it that can make it off the charts.

I knew the chips were pressed bacon but, how is that any different then just putting actual bacon the the burger. Why not have an actual pig patty. 50% ground chuck and 50% ground bacon. That would make a lot more sense.

The onion ring is soggy because they try to keep them hot in a steamer. Why not just keep them in an oven at 400F. That would keep it crispy and prevent it from getting soggy.

I understand that they probably have to cook the patties on a flat top because you can't have an open flame I would assume. If that is the case, I can let how greasy they are slide because there just isn't much you can do about it.

Just my thoughts.

Next up was ‘kind of’ our second day at sea.

I got up around 8:30 and headed over to the Punchliner Comedy Brunch.

The Sapphire dining room was great.

tumblr_mlfgr95rbM1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Again, as I’ve said all along, this ship really is beautiful.

I ordered the ‘carne y huevos’. Translation for us white people is, steak and eggs.

tumblr_mlfgr95rbM1soq9zto2_500.jpg

I really enjoyed this dish. The filet was cooked to a medium rare and the spinach on top was a nice accompaniment to the dish. Being that the cut of beef is tenderloin or, Filet Mignon, you will need some sort of sauce over it to really enjoy this dish. It comes with a side of béarnaise which is perfect for this cut. A slice of toast, a tomato, and some home fries round out the dish. I’m not sure if it was the 2 Bloody Mary’s that made this meal so enjoyable but, I don’t really care. It was good.

As I made my way over to the lido deck the sun was beaming down beautifully off the water.

tumblr_mlfgr95rbM1soq9zto3_500.jpg

It was now time to relax, enjoy my day, the Chef’s Table up coming up tonight.

Here's the deal on the patty. It reminds me of 'Five Guys'. I live in southern California so we also have 'In-n-Out' here. IMO, In-n-Out blows Fives Guys away every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I knew the chips were pressed bacon but, how is that any different then just putting actual bacon the the burger. Why not have an actual pig patty. 50% ground chuck and 50% ground bacon. That would make a lot more sense.

I agree with you on the In-n-Out/Five Guys comparison.

There is a place called Slater's 50/50 near where I live here in SoCal also. I think they have a few locations on the OC area where they serve the 50% ground chuck and 50% ground bacon burgers.

In-n-Out is still better, however.

I agree with you on the In-n-Out/Five Guys comparison.

There is a place called Slater's 50/50 near where I live here in SoCal also. I think they have a few locations on the OC area where they serve the 50% ground chuck and 50% ground bacon burgers.

In-n-Out is still better, however.

Yep Slaters was what I was going off. I don't like the 50/50 patty at Slaters because it has to be fully cooked because of the bacon and just ends up tasting burnt to me.

Archived