My Island Breeze Picture Review. (4/7/13-4/13/13) Carnival Breeze

SPKEMO

So happy to see a fresh Breeze review! Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation with us.

I think the major bone of contention with people is the demise of the steel drums on the Lido deck. I have to admit that I too miss it.:( Especially when you first board the ship, the island music was simply the best thing to put me in "vacation" mode. Now the Lido is like going into a club.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the review, it's nice to see a fresh take on the Breeze! We are flying out from LAX to Miami in 46 days for our Breeze cruise...can't wait! Please keep the pics coming!

One question, a lot of people are talking about the rocking of the Breeze from side to side, did you notice any unusual movement on the ship?

how was the red frog beer? I heard its really good!

The Thirsty Frog Ale is very good. My wife didn't like the hint of sweetness in it. I really I enjoyed it.

It's very light on hops and very heavy on malts. There is a hint of caramel in it. That is the sweetness my wife didn't like.

They will always give it to you in a chilled plastic beer glass on the Lido Deck or a chilled beer glass in the Red Frog Pub. That's a nice touch in my opinion.

One question, a lot of people are talking about the rocking of the Breeze from side to side, did you notice any unusual movement on the ship?

My wife and I have no issues sea sickness on cruise ships. With that said, this boat seemed to rock a little more than most. Even the crew would comment about it while you were with them in the elevators.

It's nothing drastic though. No need to worry.

Thanks for the review! I sailed on the Breeze with you! This was truly my best cruise ever! I always snickered when people would post how they didn't get to do everything they had planned on a cruise...well, this time there was quite a few thing we didn't get to. Oh well, will have to sail her again.

One thing I noticed was that we were booking! I believe we averaged 22 knots. We had a cove balcony and it was fabulous!

Allyson

Dinner Time!!

This will be my only review of the Blush dining room as, this was the only night we ate there. The other nights we ate at the Bonsai sushi bar, the Chefs Table, Cucina del Capitano, and the steakhouse Fahrenheit 555° twice!!

We arrived to the beautiful dining room at around 8:15 for late seating.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto9_r1_500.jpg

And again, as is the case with the entire ship, the decor was great.

The crystal chandeliers that hung from the ceiling were beautiful.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto1_500.jpg

We were shown to our table. We were really looking forward to sitting with other couples our age and meeting some new people. That, unfortunately, was not the case. We were sat by a wall and by ourselves. Huge downer for us as we love the group seating on the cruises we have been on. Our waiter was very nice (don't remember his name as this was the only night we ate there). We then proceeded with dinner.

First up:

Fresh fruit cocktail

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto2_500.jpg

This was a fine starter. Nothing to crazy as it was truly just fruit.

Next up was soup. I ordered the beef and barley soup with diced root vegetables.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto3_500.jpg

Again, this was an O.K. dish. It would benefit from a little more salt and a skim of the fat that had collected on top.

Next up from the didja section, was the cured salmon with candied tomato.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto4_500.jpg

This was a good dish. Good flavor balance and the dill cream sauce was right on. A good amount of thought went into the creation of this dish.

From there I ordered, as a starter, linguini with Italian sausage, bell pepper and mushrooms.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto6_500.jpg

This was a nice dish. Good flavors from all the components. I will forgive the pasta being overcooked as they are cooking for thousands of people. The salt level was good. Seemed very much like a dish you would find in a chain Italian restaurant like Olive Garden. Not spectacular but, nothing that will offend you as well.

continued - -

Continuing with dinner:

Next up was my main course, the ever so forgettable, or maybe not being that it was so bad, pan seared fillet of tilapia.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto5_500.jpg

As this is a bottom feeder fish, this entree was, a bottom feeder entree. Overcooked fish, some sort of odd concoction of mac and cheese next to it. This was a dish that I became more excited about when they removed it from my table then when it was in front of me.

Next up, to try and remove the taste of the previous disaster, the cheese plate.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto7_500.jpg

A simple cheese plate but a good one nonetheless. A nice variety of cheese, fruits, and bread. This has been around forever and it never disappoints.

Final stop on the menu was the orange cake.

tumblr_mlbb63xgmM1soq9zto8_500.jpg

I always enjoy this cake!! Light, fluffy, not too sweet. Very well done. And for those who care, it's one of those 'good for you' desserts.

At the end of an uninspired dinner we were kinda happy not to have been sat next to other people. This allowed us to eat at some of the other places.

After dinner we walked around the ship for a little bit. Watched a little karaoke, then it was off to bed.

Again the decor on the ship continued to be beautiful.

tumblr_mlbb8fEGHz1soq9zto1_500.jpg

As we got to our cabin there was a note in our mailbox. We opened the door to find our first towel animal.

tumblr_mlbbaoumvB1soq9zto1_500.jpg

The seal. Kind of a boring one but, this is a pretty standard first night animal.

As for the note in the mailbox........

tumblr_mlbbucywuJ1soq9zto1_500.jpg

I was selected to have a little fun on the ship tomorrow. Hurray for me.

After a long first day on the ship, it was time to pack it in for the night. We needed to be well rested for our first sea day (Well, maybe a half sea day at least).

tumblr_mlbbucywuJ1soq9zto1_500.jpg

I was selected to have a little fun on the ship tomorrow. Hurray for me.

After a long first day on the ship, it was time to pack it in for the night. We needed to be well rested for our first sea day (Well, maybe a half sea day at least).

I was wondering if this was the new name for the mixologist contest! Super helpful- thank you!! :)

Really enjoying your review- my fiance and I are a couple around your age and have a lot of similarities in our cruising style. :)

I was wondering if this was the new name for the mixologist contest! Super helpful- thank you!! :)

Really enjoying your review- my fiance and I are a couple around your age and have a lot of similarities in our cruising style. :)

Yes it is just a new name for the mixologist contest.

Well What did U do to get that in your box?????? I did and WON the Mixologist contest in Nov(i think it was).. But We just showed up to the Lounge and sat and waited since I was the 1st one there and waited I was picked and then the Raffle tix went into the Bucket for the other 3 spots... Frozen all the way for that Cruise.. But cant wait to here if U won and what U called it if u did..

Yes it is just a new name for the mixologist contest.

Great Review so far loving all the pics . I cruise the Breeze on Saturday so this is perfect.

Doesn't the Breeze sail on Sunday this weekend? :confused: Hope so - that's when we fly in!!

Archived