My Island Breeze Picture Review. (4/7/13-4/13/13) Carnival Breeze

SPKEMO

After dinner we walked around the ship for a little bit. Watched a little karaoke, then it was off to bed.

Again the decor on the ship continued to be beautiful.

tumblr_mlbb8fEGHz1soq9zto1_500.jpg

As we got to our cabin there was a note in our mailbox. We opened the door to find our first towel animal.

tumblr_mlbbaoumvB1soq9zto1_500.jpg

The seal. Kind of a boring one but, this is a pretty standard first night animal.

As for the note in the mailbox........

tumblr_mlbbucywuJ1soq9zto1_500.jpg

I was selected to have a little fun on the ship tomorrow. Hurray for me.

After a long first day on the ship, it was time to pack it in for the night. We needed to be well rested for our first sea day (Well, maybe a half sea day at least).

Did you pre-enter the mixologist contest? If so how did you do that?

I awoke early the next morning and was starving. My cruise stomach had finally kicked in. Haha

I headed up to the Lido Deck for a burrito form the Blue Iguana Cantina.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto6_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto4_500.jpg

The ingredients looked fresh and good. It really reminded me of a place like Chipotle.

Ordered my breakfast burrito with jalapeno tortilla, eggs, sausage, hash browns, pico de gallo, cheese, and hot salsa.

It came out looking like a white bullet.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto5_500.jpg

When I took my first bite I quickly realized, what many folks on this board have already said, it was COLD!!!

While it tasted great, I really wish it would have been hot.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto2_500.jpg

I think they should instal a chafing system. That should solve the problem.

The salsa bar was a great. Really anything you need was at your fingertips.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto1_500.jpg

I also ordered huevos rancheros and an arepas.

tumblr_mlbca563jv1soq9zto3_500.jpg

Those were just so so and would not order them again.

It was a beautiful day for lounging by the pool. The weather really was perfect for the whole trip. My wife finally strolled out around noon and was already ready for the day.

tumblr_mlbcfgL2TA1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Around that time, with my cruise stomach in full force, I managed to get over to Guy's Burger Joint.

WARNING!!! This may offend the diehards. Sorry, it's my review!!!

tumblr_mlc397q3Um1soq9zto2_r1_500.jpg

Going into it I was not expecting much. And with that philosophy, I was not let down.

This is what I managed to get:

tumblr_mlc397q3Um1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Guy’s Burgers. If I could only use 1 word it would be……..OVERRATED. They taste like a Red Robin burger. Not a good thing. Onion ring or the ‘righteous rojo ring’ was soggy and bland. Burger was thin, VERY greasy, and overcooked. The bacon was in crumbles. Still no idea way it’s not full strips of bacon (Carnival issue, not Guy issue). The buns we smooched and a weird in-between of toasted and not. The cheese or ‘SMC’ was melted nicely on them and the fries were good. The fries has a nice season on them and were not over or under cooked. I tried to remove my absolute disdain for Guy Ferry while judging this burger. While most may not agree I did this, the burger is just not good. At one point I ordered the the ‘Pig Patty’. They gave me a normal burger with some weird chips on top. Again, not good..and a little confusing. And to top it off, as you wait in line you have to hear Guy Ferry give his best Guy Fieri impersonation where he will constantly talk about his 'donkey sauce'. Not sure the name 'donkey sauce' gives the best visuals while your trying to order some food.

On a side note, if you wait in line for his burger, wait in the line on the left hand side. Away from the center of the ship. This was a much shorter line during the entire cruise.

After my burger from Guy's the time had come for the Red Rum vs Blue Tequila challenge! This was a lot of fun.

I signed up the day I got on board during the sail away party to be a part of the Rum team. I was very happy to be selected. There are a lot of limitations on what you can use. I came up with what I thought would be a great concoction. The one mistake I made was using so many various amounts of alcohol.

Here our some shot from the challenge that my wife got.

Here I am in deep thought of what to use.

tumblr_mlc4blqVOj1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Time to start mixing!!

tumblr_mlc4blqVOj1soq9zto2_500.jpg

They told us during the morning meeting that this would be our only chance to get FREE booze on the cruise. Everyone in the competition took full advantage of this!! :D

tumblr_mlc4blqVOj1soq9zto3_500.jpg

At the end of the competition, I didn’t win! Heather from Ohio (Boooo!!!) took the prize. For my own personal good feeling, I saw the bartending manager later that night and he told me that my drink was better but, a little too expensive for Carnival. Oh, well!!

This was us after the competition. We should have done the McKayla Maroney not impressed face but we didn't think of it. Bummer!

tumblr_mlc4blqVOj1soq9zto4_500.jpg

At around 1 pm we were informed that we would be having a change in our itinerary due to a very sick guest. Some people really seemed put out by this, my wife and I just rolled with the change and had a great time.

The change happened so late that I really liked it. It really made it feel like we got an extra day at sea and still made all our ports. Awesome in my book.

tumblr_mlc4ifAg7Y1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Now off to Nassau, Bahamas.

At around 1 pm we were informed that we would be having a change in our itinerary due to a very sick guest. Some people really seemed put out by this, my wife and I just rolled with the change and had a great time.

The change happened so late that I really liked it. It really made it feel like we got an extra day at sea and still made all our ports. Awesome in my book.

tumblr_mlc4ifAg7Y1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Now off to Nassau, Bahamas.

Just out of curiosity, what was your original itinerary?

just out of curiosity, what was your original itinerary?

Monday was Fun day at sea

Tuesday was Grand Turk - 7 am - 2 pm

Wednesday was Ocho Rios, Jamaica - 11 am - 6 pm

Thursday was Fun day at sea

Friday was Nassau, the Bahamas - 8 am - 5 pm

I enjoyed the new itinerary so much better!! - LOVE Grand Turk!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366152800.707961.jpg.d19e0390d568f96c03242f9bb23d9152.jpg

Count me in for the Red's Rum vs Blue's Tequila Challenge. I got second place in the mixology contest on my last cruise and need to redeem myself with a first place win and ship on a stick! BTW, what was your drink and what did you name it? Also I love reading your food descriptions. I can tell you're a foodie. I wish I was a foodie and not such a picky eater. Can't wait to see the ports!

Count me in for the Red's Rum vs Blue's Tequila Challenge. I got second place in the mixology contest on my last cruise and need to redeem myself with a first place win and ship on a stick! BTW, what was your drink and what did you name it? Also I love reading your food descriptions. I can tell you're a foodie. I wish I was a foodie and not such a picky eater. Can't wait to see the ports!

My drink was the Southern Cal. It was a blended drink. As far as what was in it.. Rum, triple sec, peach schnapps, strawberry mix, and the part that lost it for me.. I rinsed each glass with midori. That would have been too much work and the cost would have gone up with that little twist.

Bummer for me, good luck for you.

Thats Right Boo, U better get that Win. U got this!!! Remember Ur "HOT MAMA" friend did it, U can too :)

Hugs *=*,

Archived