Southeast Asia Grand Adventure

truckmaker

We are considering this trip for 2014 and since we are complete strangers to this part of the planet we have some questions. This cruise departs Singapore November 27 and looking at our (old) atlas it appears to be quite close to the equator so our assumption is that this would be a very warm weather cruise. Is this correct? Can anyone recommend some 'must sees' in any of the ports? Specifically is the Angor Wat excursion worthwhile?

Any comments from ... former adventurers would be apprecaiated.

What time of year and where do you end? We started in Beijing and our cruise was in November. Of the 4 days we spent in the Beijing area prior to the cruise you needed a windbreaker or good sweater 3 of them. Our stop in Japan was cool as well with light showers all day. The rest of the trip was shorts and a golf shirt. Singapore was flat out hot and humid when we left the ship. I'd be happy to answer any other questions that you might have.

Specifically is the Angor Wat excursion worthwhile?

Seeing Angor Wat is worthwhile, but I would suggest doing it on your own before the cruise and then flying from there to Singapore for the cruise. It will cost less and you will not be rushed.

If you e-mail me caribill at yahoo dot com I can suggest a good guide for the area. He can also book you a reasonably priced hotel room there.

Archived