Imagination - room sizes

kramonas

I am seriously thinking about biting on these discounted fares and taking the whole family on the Imagination for the 4 night western. ($160/pp how can you say no?)

I am actually going on RCCL's Oasis (just me and the wife) in 3 weeks, this carnival cruise would be 1 week after we get back. so it will almost be back-to-back for us.

Question for those of you who have been on the ship.. how bad would it be to squeeze 4 kids into one room? the choice seems to be inside cabin or ocean view (both are within budget).

plan is to get 2 rooms, one for me and the wife, one for kids.

Kids are all female. 1 is 18, the others 11,12,15.. all are very petite in size.

Last time we did all go on a cruise, the kids only crashed in the room, they were going 23 hrs a day. so its just a sleeping issue.

I cant seem to find any good pictures of the rooms on the site

thanks

--Karl

On that class of ship the insides are 185 and the OVs are 185 s.f.. same same.

you have a fake window inside or a real window on the OVs. I would not pay much extra for a window on that class, but then I can book a PT with port holes, but I dont need a quad.

Id book the inside. Maybe do a inside and a OV across from each other on a lower deck?

there is only about $100 total difference in price from 2 OV's Vs 2 Inside, so there really is no need to nickel and dime the cost, i am more interested in size for the 4 kids.

Thanks for the video, it looks like just 2 twin beds? seems it may be tight for even 4 skinny girls.

is there roll aways or anything?

A inside quad is always two uppers and two lowers. On that class of ship if you wanted to book a 5th person they could move in a rollaway .. but since there are only four inside, I believe the only choice is two uppers and two lowers.

On Elation OV, we had two twins plus one upper so to make it a quad, would need a roll away.

This is a triple on Elation, a OV .. so they would bring in a rollaway .. I would rather have two uppers and a inside myself.. but look at the choices.

They would have to move the twins around to get 4 into this cabin ... and with a rollaway beds would be wall to wall at night when the rollaway is open.. so I would get two uppers myself.. whichever is available, ov or inside.

Picture062-2.jpg

this is the upper, they come out of the wall on these oldest class of ship.

Picture064.jpg

the other option, its marginal to get 3 rooms (6 total people 2 + 4)

so here are the prices:

2 cabins inside = $1482

3 cabins inside = $1662

2 cabins outside = $1602

3 cabins outside = $1842

so "Value" wise, it looks like it might be better to go 3 insides?

I dont think kids care about view, they are gone playing? if they are normal kids, and its fun to have the bunks.

I would still do a quad inside for the kids and its like college dorm times.. with two uppers .. and get a OV across from the inside... but thats me. I wouldnt split up the kids.. and really you might have to book a adult on paper with them anyway.

The rules on booking children really say they have to have a adult in any cabin if the children are below age 13 (and you have a 11 and 12 year old)?? Id have to go look it up.. but you will have a easier time booking them adjacent or across from you and getting away with no adults in the cabin. The youngest you might not get someone booking it who pays attention to the rules but they really arent supposed to be in a cabin without someone age 25 or older.

if you get someone who knows the rules, you might have to book a adult in each cabin and then move once onboard... but it does seem like a lot of agents think a adjacent cabin or across is fine and dont read or know carnival's rules.

I recently booked a cruise on Inspiration for my family. There are also 6 of us and the kids are 20, 18, 16, and 14. We booked 2 rooms across the hall from each other, one for the kids and one for us. The agent made us have an adult in each room because they have to have someone over the age of 25. So we booked it that way and she told to just switch when we get on board. Hopefully it will work out, but I'm not really worried.

actually, now that i think about it, we had to do that the last time i took everyone on a cruise, wife had one room, i had the other, but we just switched around.

i think the room is right though, as i go thru the booking process, i get:

This room includes: Two twin beds (convert to king) and two uppers. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets.

i assume that is a quad?

I dont think kids care about view, they are gone playing? if they are normal kids, and its fun to have the bunks.

I would still do a quad inside for the kids and its like college dorm times.. with two uppers .. and get a OV across from the inside... but thats me. I wouldnt split up the kids.. and really you might have to book a adult on paper with them anyway.

The rules on booking children really say they have to have a adult in any cabin if the children are below age 13 (and you have a 11 and 12 year old)?? Id have to go look it up.. but you will have a easier time booking them adjacent or across from you and getting away with no adults in the cabin. The youngest you might not get someone booking it who pays attention to the rules but they really arent supposed to be in a cabin without someone age 25 or older.

if you get someone who knows the rules, you might have to book a adult in each cabin and then move once onboard... but it does seem like a lot of agents think a adjacent cabin or across is fine and dont read or know carnival's rules.

actually, the ages are 18, 15, 13, 11 (just turned 13)

so we have 3 adults, where are the booking rules? i didnt think of that aspect

You said you have 4 kids.. one at least is under age 13... so the rules say someone age 25 or more has to be booked in the cabin with them.

If you have 3 adults .. great.. but I thought you said you and spouse and 4 kids all under the age of 25.

Carnival's age is 25 to be with them.

actually, now that i think about it, we had to do that the last time i took everyone on a cruise, wife had one room, i had the other, but we just switched around.

i think the room is right though, as i go thru the booking process, i get:

This room includes: Two twin beds (convert to king) and two uppers. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets.

i assume that is a quad?

yes, thats what you want.. two uppers.. not a rollaway which takes up all the space to walk around at night. OV or inside, doesnt matter.

right, so all i have to do is book the wife and 3 kids in one, and me and the other kid in the other. (then just swap when we get there).

btw, it appears that there IS an outside cabin available directly across the hall from an outside cabin.

another question.

when i look online, there are 3 options for inside:

interior

port hole

upper/lower

only interior is available, does that mean there isn't a quad?

Ive sailed the Imagination a couple times. One of my favorite ships.

If you have an option for a PORTHOLE up higher. E4 E3, etc take it. its a full size room like an ocean view (not a small as an inside, PLUS you get it for the inside price. Ive stayed in E4 and would grab it again if it was ever available. check out my reviews for the Imagination below (click on the ship name)

the other option, its marginal to get 3 rooms (6 total people 2 + 4)

so here are the prices:

2 cabins inside = $1482

3 cabins inside = $1662

2 cabins outside = $1602

3 cabins outside = $1842

so "Value" wise, it looks like it might be better to go 3 insides?

3 rooms = 3 BATHROOMS & more space So with the kids if the price is affordable for you that's the way I would go .

3 rooms = 3 BATHROOMS & more space So with the kids if the price is affordable for you that's the way I would go .

I like portholes myself if the OP can find 3 together. there are not that many PTs so it might be hard.

OP the category is PT he is talking about.

Archived